More Good News | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

More Good News

People are blowing the "crappy seats" out of proportion. This is the Carrier Dome, not the Georgia Dome or Super Dome.

Seriously... The whining on this board is comical.

I - and lots of others in here - just returned from the Final 4 at the Georgia Dome - a tremendous stadium that dwarfs the Carrier Dome.

Although I had sideline seats in the 100 section, I was in Row UU - about 47 or so rows from the floor which was pretty damn far... Guess what, it was amazing.

Also, none of my friends in the 200 & 300 sections around the upper perimeter seemed to complain and some were 30+ yards further from the floor than ANYONE would be in the Carrier Dome if the floor were moved to the 50 yard line. In fact BostonOrange was in 200 section above me and according to what I heard, his seats were awesome.

Some of you complain as if you KNOW FOR SURE that it would suck.

But you don't know it'd suck and that's why you're a bunch of crybabies.

I'm sorry that people have different priorities.

Listen, while I don't agree with some of what you've written, don't think that I'm celebrating the idea of someone spending $100 on an SU game rather than buying his family groceries.

It is, however, a fact that the most expensive single-game tickets for the 2013 season were $39 (or maybe $37?). One can log onto StubHub hours before any game that isn't Georgetown and score a pair for less than that price (out of 19 home dates, probably 15 could be had for a small fraction of that price).

And you know that virtually anyone who's sitting in a bar during a Syracuse game isn't buying a single five-dollar drink. He, on the other hand, is the person whose priorities should seem foreign to most people on this board. And I fail to see how that fellow (or anyone else) is going to benefit from adding several thousand lousy seats that are still as expensive as his bar tab: in the 33 seasons of basketball at the Dome (584 games), four games have had people turned away due to sell-outs. Adding seats is a solution in search of a problem.

brick-loud-noises-b-1.jpg

selfishly, I hope they don't do it - I won't be at the game either way, so I really don't want to read all the bitching for the next 10 months if this does get planned. I really, really really don't want 10 months of these arguments on this board.

This game is going to be huge, get tons of publicity, likely set another on campus attendance record, thrill recruits and everything else whether or not the court is moved from its usual location - so for the love of god and the sanity (err...) of this board please don't let this happen. :eek:

Let's say you're a season ticket holder in Sec 311.

If they move the court, your seat is now worthless.

Suppose SU decides to "reseat" all the season ticket holders in an equivalent seating location. Now you're in Sec 302.

302 is just as worthless because you're still too far away from the court.

On top of that, think of the poor schmuck that gets stuck in 311 ... behind the basket ... at least 50 yards away from the action.

DomeExpanded.gif

It's not going to happen. In the article, they were talking about how they'd have to re-do the seating for just one game. They would have to do it outside of the normal season ticket package process. And then there's the logistics involved. It just doesn't make sense. 35,000 people screaming at Duke is enough.

Seriously... The whining on this board is comical.

I - and lots of others in here - just returned from the Final 4 at the Georgia Dome - a tremendous stadium that dwarfs the Carrier Dome.

Although I had sideline seats in the 100 section, I was in Row UU - about 47 or so rows from the floor which was pretty damn far... Guess what, it was amazing.

Also, none of my friends in the 200 & 300 sections around the upper perimeter seemed to complain and some were 30+ yards further from the floor than ANYONE would be in the Carrier Dome if the floor were moved to the 50 yard line. In fact BostonOrange was in 200 section above me and according to what I heard, his seats were awesome.

Some of you complain as if you KNOW FOR SURE that it would suck.

But you don't know it'd suck and that's why you're a bunch of crybabies.

Apples and oranges. Your comparing a F4 in a non home game to a home game with season ticket holders.

Sent using my Commodore 64

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses Final Four, moving Dome court, NBA Draft (audio) <a href="http://t.co/u30IJLl2Jk" title="http://ow.ly/kq9aq">ow.ly/kq9aq</a></p>&mdash; Syracuse Basketball (@syrbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/syrbasketball/status/327449984100343808">April 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

God damnit...

Syracuse Basketball@syrbasketball
12m
Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses Final Four, moving Dome court, NBA Draft (audio) http://ow.ly/kq9aq

Jb gets it. I guess he is a crybaby.

I know I'm a student in Buffalo who was very interested to go to the G Town game, but who the hell can afford a 100$+ ticket? I have a job and a girl friend, moneys tight.

Now I get it. People who can't afford a ticket are the ones who want to re-configure the court. Makes a lot of sense. Re-configure it for those who won't attend... and screw the folks who have been supporting the program with season tickets for up to 30 years or more.[/quote]

Or how about those who want the global media and recruiting spotlight on the program want to re-configure the court? Those who want to boost the local economy and provide an electric atmosphere for fans and players?

There's a difference between me and some of you. If I was a 30 year season ticket holder who supported the program, I'd sacrifice by pristine view of the court for the good of the program.

You guys would rather keep your pristine views then let the program operate to it's potential.

Quit being selfish. The game is about the atmosphere, and supporting your team...not the matter of whether or not you'll be able to see every last inch of the court.

Now I get it. People who can't afford a ticket are the ones who want to re-configure the court. Makes a lot of sense. Re-configure it for those who won't attend... and screw the folks who have been supporting the program with season tickets for up to 30 years or more.

Or how about those who want the global media and recruiting spotlight on the program want to re-configure the court? Those who want to boost the local economy and provide an electric atmosphere for fans and players?

There's a difference between me and some of you. If I was a 30 year season ticket holder who supported the program, I'd sacrifice by pristine view of the court for the good of the program.

You guys would rather keep your pristine views then let the program operate to it's potential.

Trueblue I would never CALL cto selfish when SU students are "visitors" in her hall. I get your point, but I wouldn't pick a fight with her on this one your going to lose. Others I would challenge, but not her.

Now I get it. People who can't afford a ticket are the ones who want to re-configure the court. Makes a lot of sense. Re-configure it for those who won't attend... and screw the folks who have been supporting the program with season tickets for up to 30 years or more.

Quit being selfish. The game is about the atmosphere, and supporting your team...not the matter of whether or not you'll be able to see every last inch of the court.

You know what is funny? JB dais the exact same thing you arr taking exception to.

Turn 15k season tixs into much worse seats for an additional 7k people who don't really go to games.

I'm not an SU student im a UB student.

I'm not calling her a selfish person, I'm saying her approach to this idea of a one game reconfiguration is selfish. Also she put words in my mouth.

I never said I wanted court reconfiguration because I can't afford a ticket.

I argued that just because you're a season ticket holder doesn't mean you're any more loyal a fan to the program than a person who can afford one game a season or whatever.

I want court reconfiguration for the global media and recruitment spotlight, alongside other numerous benefits for the program.

Games like this could make the difference between kids going to syracuse instead of bending over for paypal cal.

As long as they hook up this season ticket holder with a great seat, I'm in.

I'm not an SU student im a UB student.

I'm not calling her a selfish person, I'm saying her approach to this idea of a one game reconfiguration is selfish. Also she put words in my mouth.

I never said I wanted court reconfiguration because I can't afford a ticket.

I argued that just because you're a season ticket holder doesn't mean you're any more loyal a fan to the program than a person who can afford one game a season or whatever.

I want court reconfiguration for the global media and recruitment spotlight, alongside other numerous benefits for the program.

Games like this could make the difference between kids going to syracuse instead of bending over for paypal cal.

And JB disagrees with you.

And JB disagrees with you.

JB has his unique perspective, I have mine. When it comes to coaching and basketball, I'll conform. Otherwise I will argue my point, as it is my right.

I'm strongly opinionated and will argue a point until the end. I try to refrain from personally insulting people, when it seems I do..it's really not meant to be directed at you as a person...maybe just your view or approach.

You all, now that I'm rereading, seem to be at least a bit older than me. The mean age of this site is probably higher than most others I attend.

I'm a 20 year old college athlete, not basketball. I've been a Syracuse fan my whole life. I'm going to have different opinions than 30, 40 whatever year olds.

I hope I can bring a unique view to this site. Judging by the my posts/likes I'm assuming that I'm not exactly hated yet.

As long as they hook up this season ticket holder with a great seat, I'm in.

I agree with this. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years now (counting my time as a student up at SU), and I'd be 100% for this move. I currently sit in section 115... as long as my view is comparable, I'm fine. Even if it's a little bit worse, I'm also fine. It's SU vs. Duke, Coach Boeheim vs. Coach K. Aside from Georgetown, Duke is probably the next most hated program by SU fans. This atmosphere will be electric, and I'm fine with sacrificing my usual view to make this a unique environment that recruits will drool over and the rest of the country will envy.

And I agree with most of what TrueBlue25 is saying... maybe the younger folks on this forum are more open to the change. It's ONE game. You folks with your fancy padded courtside seats will get taken care of. Maybe you won't be ON the court, but you'll be in the first row wherever that is. Suck it up for 1 game. The revenue, exposure, and hype that the university will get far outweighs your pristine view for 1 game. They're not reconfiguring the entire season, and they're not moving the game down to NYC like the football games. You'll still be there.

My dad used to have season tickets until 2005. They were in the section bordering where the Syracuse players would run out onto the court. I used to be able to slap each players hand. I slapped Haks, Shumperts, G Macs (when he'd jump to reach), Melo's, KUETH'S, Pace's and even Craig's many a time.

HqmId.gif

Now I get it. People who can't afford a ticket are the ones who want to re-configure the court. Makes a lot of sense. Re-configure it for those who won't attend... and screw the folks who have been supporting the program with season tickets for up to 30 years or more. Quit being selfish. The game is about the atmosphere, and supporting your team...not the matter of whether or not you'll be able to see every last inch of the court.
[/quote]

That is why I said I what I did. I wouldn't direct that statement at her post. I don't think your idea is radical and as long as the tone is less aggressive towards some its okay. I agree with your position as long as the season ticket holders are given the best seats possible. Now I posted my idea in a post in this thread on how to do it, but I would watch some things I say towards people.

You guys know the primary reason to do this is not to add another 10-15K in attendance, right?

Like, that its just a neat, ancillary benefit?

But whatever, its not going to happen so its not worth arguing about. Just keep this in mind the next time someone starts the regular "WHY DOESN'T SU DO BETTER MARKETINGZ?!" thread.

Bold ideas scare people. Apparently a lot.

I apologize if I've offended CTO and whoever else.

I just don't appreciate having my words manipulated and being targeted personally. I'm sure you've all donated/supported the program to the best of your abilities, or at least more than others can afford to. I really, really doubt that if this occurred SU would screw any season ticket holder, especially alums, over. I think that's a pretty safe bet.

Bold ideas scare people. Apparently a lot.

I doubt people like CTO, Tomcat, JB and myself are scared.

Another point. If I had the time, I'd go to every game.

However, I have work, school, my family and various personal things to worry about. Sometimes even the most devoted Syracuse fans can't morally or realistically expect to attend more than 2 or 3 games a year due to certain circumstances.

I'm a season ticket holder and in my early 2o's. I'm all for moving the court to the middle of the on two occasions. The first would be the Duke game and the other would be the JB's final game. I would only want this to happen is if the University gives us season ticket holders good seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom