More grab and go concessions on the horizon? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

More grab and go concessions on the horizon?

I like hoffmans at home..

I dont think there are the best option for a place like the dome. They are a tougher skin that many dont like.. I also think they dont store well once cooked which is why often they are a tough eat if not really freshly cooked.

Its also why lightly grilled/steamed is probably a better choice for bulk sale like a game.

Yup, agree. Natural casing only works for freshly-served grilled dogs, it's probably why ballparks have used skinless steamed hot dogs forever.

Yup, agree. Natural casing only works for freshly-served grilled dogs, it's probably why ballparks have used skinless steamed hot dogs forever.
Syracusefan.com. Come for the sports, get culinary science thrown in for free.

Tobin's was founded by a Syracuse native but was based in Rochester.

Too bad they are gone.

Some high level hot dog discussion in this thread.

Given that Hoffmans is a major sponsor for Syracuse athletics, switching to another brand would be problematic.

That said, I know that Hoffman's makes hot dogs without the natural casing. They market them as skinless.

I wonder if SU could try some of these and see if people like them more than the ones with natural casings?

The spring game would be a wonderful time to experiment. Heck, I would make it a public thing. Which Hoffman hot dog do you prefer at the dome? If they are normally $4, have a special where you can buy 2 for $7 and get some feedback from the people that count. Even if the skinless dogs are not good, I bet people would appreciate that SU tried to improve things.

Just changing the dogs used would be good. If they could steam them instead of cook them on the rollers, that would really be a good move.

I am 99% sure this change would be well received.
large_90344dc8-802f-4599-b012-fd9d1db099b8.jpg

Too bad they are gone.

Given that Hoffmans is a major sponsor for Syracuse athletics, switching to another brand would be problematic.

That said, I know that Hoffman's makes hot dogs without the natural casing. They market them as skinless.

I wonder if SU could try some of these and see if people like them more than the ones with natural casings?

The spring game would be a wonderful time to experiment. Heck, I would make it a public thing. Which Hoffman hot dog do you prefer at the dome? If they are normally $4, have a special where you can buy 2 for $7 and get some feedback from the people that count. Even if the skinless dogs are not good, I bet people would appreciate that SU tried to improve things.

Just changing the dogs used would be good. If they could steam them instead of cook them on the rollers, that would really be a good move.

My experience is that children (and many adults) prefer the skinless version.

Too bad they are gone.

Haha, yeah, to take it a step further, I can vouch for Hofmann's skinless all-beef dog. Arguably better than the German frank, and definitely better if an open grill isn't involved.