More grab and go concessions on the horizon? | Syracusefan.com

More grab and go concessions on the horizon?

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I'm seeing more and more venues setting up grab and go concessions where you can order from your phone, prepaid, then they put it in a designated spot for you to pick up. The highest end venues have doors that open with a code or QR so no one else gets your food (this allows for beer) but lesser setups just have a designated slot that you just grab and go.

Is this something the Dome has ever considered, possibly now that JMA will hopefully be boosting the tech and wireless? Could be a huge game changer when it comes to lines.

Last edited:
I'm seeing more and more venues setting up grab and go concessions where you can order from your phone, prepaid, then they put it in a designated spot for you to pick up. The highest end venues have doors that open with a code or QR so no one else gets your food (this allows for beer) but lesser setups just have a designated slot that you just grab and go.

Is this something the Dome has ever considered, possibly now that JMA will hopefully be boosting the tech and wireless? Could be a huge game changer when it comes to lines.
They already have that essentially. Standard stuff already boxed. Beverages in coolers. You just have to pay at the stand.

It’s fine

They already have that essentially. Standard stuff already boxed. Beverages in coolers. You just have to pay at the stand.

It’s fine

Thats cool. Definitely a good step. Wondering though if JMA may be able to help take it further. Would be great to not have to wait in line to pay if i can do it online from my seat. And if there is a way to verify people in advance you could expand this to beer for example.

But agree this is a good first step.

Everything about the Dome is tricky because of the narrow concourses. Once the new atrium project thing is done I think that will help a ton.
Will it? My hope was they may use some of thys space for a food court or something but it seems like it's mainly going to be some special event space? Hope it gets some in game use.

yup.. more cold/stale food seems to be the way they want to go.
Yep the hot and nachos were both bad. Wrote that in their survey also. Quick and crappy doesn't beat slower but better quality. Obviously you want the sweet spot but food definitely has taken a step backwards from quality standpoint. Literally was given a hot dog bun that was rock hard stale.

Yep the hot and nachos were both bad. Wrote that in their survey also. Quick and crappy doesn't beat slower but better quality. Obviously you want the sweet spot but food definitely has taken a step backwards from quality standpoint. Literally was given a hot dog bun that was rock hard stale.
why put things in boxes and in warmers that dont keep them warm?

And I want my soda cold with ice not warm in a bottle..

its like the old days when the beer guy came around with 24 cups on a tray and by the end it was not worth the effort to buy.. you go to some of the better stadiums and they have everything on ice..

I think that might cut into the revenue for the charities that man the dome. As I understand it, the charities pay the Dome a flat fee, then keep the funds or split them somehow.

I think that might cut into the revenue for the charities that man the dome. As I understand it, the charities pay the Dome a flat fee, then keep the funds or split them somehow.
I'm not talking about pre-made per se. Same charity people are making the food as you order it. They just are seeing it come on a screen then they make it in real time and put it in a slot.

I'm not talking about stuff pre-made. But instead made to order but you order from your seat. When you order, it's made at that time, put in a slot, you come get it 5 min later.

Will it? My hope was they may use some of thys space for a food court or something but it seems like it's mainly going to be some special event space? Hope it gets some in game use.
It’s on the opposite end of the Dome for basketball.

I'm not talking about stuff pre-made. But instead made to order but you order from your seat. When you order, it's made at that time, put in a slot, you come get it 5 min later.
are you sure its made then though? They can have stuff pre-cooked and then just box it up as well. doesnt mean its fresh.

I think it’s great for picking up beers or seltzers.
Yeah I definitely think for soda and beers that is something that can work and not have likely a "quality " issue. While having grub at tailgating is great, I still grab something inside and from a food standpoint the quality is going the wrong way.

If you could get a dam signal in the "wireless" dome, door dashers could buy a cheap seat and make a killing delivering right to people's seats.

Their food is awful, even for arena food.

Some thoughts on Dome concessions….

I like the new grab and go concession stands.at the dome. Much better than the older single file line style stands in other areas of the dome.

Way less waiting.

The food is consistently warm.

The quality is much better.

Referring here specifically to chicken fingers, chicken sandwiches, French fries and burgers. To me, these are by far the best eats available in the dome.

Not a beer guy, but it is my understanding that there are vastly more and better options for beer drinkers today than there were years ago.

Agree it wou;d be awesome to be able to order food from anywhere in the dome and get notified when the order was ready for pick up. My understanding it that while there are a ton more options available for beer in various coolers located throughout the dome. It is very hit or miss where you might find a specific beer you are looking for.

Improved Wi-Fi will help address these issues. Hoping to see the food options expanded further with more high end type choices added. Hopefully some local specialties from local restaurants. I think this will happen in the last year or two.

And BTW, it is my understanding that the much maligned change to the nachos, where the cheese was changed, is going to be addressed for this fall. I believe we will see the return of the old style nachos with the traditional cheese.

I thiink things are the best they have been and will be significantly better in the fall.

You sure this isnt the guy happy with 4 kinds of ginger ale in the Dome now talking?

The dome dogs arent dome dogs. They’ve changed. They suck.