More Minutes for Hughes,Carey,Buddy | Syracusefan.com

More Minutes for Hughes,Carey,Buddy

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Starting forwards Brissett and Dolezaj. Backed up by Hughes who slides from starting SG as needed.
Opens more minutes at SG for Carey and Buddy.
See if we can bring in another forward this spring from uncommitted kids, JUCO, or foreign player.
We'll be fine. Still have more depth than we had this year.

Starting forwards Brissett and Dolezaj. Backed up by Hughes who slides from starting SG as needed.
See if we can bring in another forward this spring from uncommitted kids, JUCO, or foreign player.
we should be fine enuf to be off the bubble, but my top ten dreams are dashed.

We desperately need to replace Bazley with a quality grad transfer or juco.

It will be a tall order, but this should be a task that a HOF coach with 40+yrs experience is made for...

You did forget to factor in the Cuse curse inevitable injuries

No problem with the extra minutes. They want to be here so give them a chance.

We desperately need to replace Bazley with a quality grad transfer or juco.

It will be a tall order, but this should be a task that a HOF coach with 40+yrs experience is made for...

Again, going to be difficult to promise minutes to a quality grad transfer. It’s even more difficult knowing that JB generally plays only seven.

We only have 9 players and that is including Buddy.

Lol we can’t even use all of our scholarships.

And we don’t know if Washington will be ready. Or Sidibe’s status.

And we don’t know if Washington will be ready. Or Sidibe’s status.
If the staff doesn’t get 3-4 recruits for 2019 this summer that is so Negligible. With that said I don’t have confidence we’will as I don’t see JB caring about the depth.

Again, going to be difficult to promise minutes to a quality grad transfer. It’s even more difficult knowing that JB generally plays only seven.
Well we need someone to fill his spot.

I'm actually pretty excited for Marek to get a shot at having a big role. I think he has serious upside and showed some nice flashes this year.

I'm also really excited for Jalen Carey. Honestly, and not just saying this because Baze bounced, but he was who I was most excited for. We really need dynamic guards.

Our offense cannot be worse than it was this year.

I'll make a prediction that my three favorite players will be: JC, Marek and Sid (assuming knee surgery goes well).

At this point, we're worse than this year's team. It's basically the same team with a battle being replaced by Hughes/Carey/Buddy. Gonna have to say that's a downgrade until we see otherwise, especially defensively. We also don't have a 3rd forward.

Fun times

At this point, we're worse than this year's team. It's basically the same team with a battle being replaced by Hughes/Carey/Buddy. Gonna have to say that's a downgrade until we see otherwise, especially defensively. We also don't have a 3rd forward.

Fun times
I don't know about that. It's all potential but losing Battle could be negated by sophomore jumps of Brissett/Dolezaj. Healthy Chukwu/Sidibe is better than injured Chukwu/Sidibe and a senior guard is like a friggin unicorn for us. Who knows what we have in Hughes and maybe Carey shines. Things need to break right and players need to stay healthy, but i see no reason this isn't a potential Top 25 team next year if OB comes back.

Ugh. Carey better come in ready to ball. Bazely would’ve opened up the offense SO much and he would’ve been bringing the ball up as well in transition or otherwise. If Battle is gone and Frank keeps walking the ball up then our offense will be worse, IMO. Yay more games in the 50s as we stall in the zone!

Nothing against what anyone has said, but I am so sick of the phrase "We'll be fine" or "He'll be fine" that people always seem to post every time something goes wrong. No, we won't be as fine as we would have been had the situation not occurred.

Fun times
Hughes is the third forward. Carey is a slight downgrade from Battle, but Hughes and Boeheim are an upgrade over Moyer and Bayer.

Hughes is the third forward. Carey is a slight downgrade from Battle, but Hughes and Boeheim are an upgrade over Moyer and Bayer.

Slight downgrade from maybe a FROSH Battle. I agree with the rest.