More Minutes for Hughes,Carey,Buddy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More Minutes for Hughes,Carey,Buddy

Slight downgrade from maybe a FROSH Battle. I agree with the rest.
Did Battle improve this year? I say no. He just played more minutes.

Did Battle improve this year? I say no. He just played more minutes.

I think he did. He had very little help. He’s the only guy besides Brissett who could make consistent ISO plays against good defenses. Big shot maker. Sure he has flaws but at times he was going 1 or 2 on 5.

I think he did. He had very little help. He’s the only guy besides Brissett who could make consistent ISO plays against good defenses. Big shot maker. Sure he has flaws but at times he was going 1 or 2 on 5.
I think the 1 on 5 stuff is overstated and really only serves one purpose: Improving his draft stock. He made big shots last year.

I think the 1 on 5 stuff is overstated and really only serves one purpose: Improving his draft stock. He made big shots last year.

It’s a scheme thing too. Not moving the ball. Holding the ball. Orders from the boss man as well. I’m not going to get into that tonight.

It’s a scheme thing too. Not moving the ball. Holding the ball. Orders from the boss man as well. I’m not going to get into that tonight.
Good call, ‘cause you won’t convince me anyway. ;)

Hughes is the third forward. Carey is a slight downgrade from Battle, but Hughes and Boeheim are an upgrade over Moyer and Bayer.
We barely made the tournament this year.
Our roster is a big time problem.

We couldn’t score this year. We are
Losing a 2nd team All-ACC player.

No problem with the extra minutes. They want to be here so give them a chance.
I agree wholeheartedly. I only want kids who want to be here. If u don’t see ya later.

Ugh. Carey better come in ready to ball. Bazely would’ve opened up the offense SO much and he would’ve been bringing the ball up as well in transition or otherwise. If Battle is gone and Frank keeps walking the ball up then our offense will be worse, IMO. Yay more games in the 50s as we stall in the zone!
Marek will come back better offensively and so will Brissett. If we need more o in a game u can run with Sidibe at c, Hughes and Brissett at f, and Frank and Carey at guard. It’s not so small small ball 6’10” center, 6’7” and 6’6” f, 6’5” and 6’3” guards. That’s a formidable offense and if Carey plays and picks up defense like I think he can we will be good. It’s what we got so we have to make it work.

Marek will come back better offensively and so will Brissett. If we need more o in a game u can run with Sidibe at c, Hughes and Brissett at , and Frank and Carey at guard. It’s not so small small ball 6’10” center, 6’7” and 6’6” , 6’5” and 6’3” guards. That’s a formidable offense and if Carey plays and picks up defense like I think he can we will be good. It’s what we got so we have to make it work.

It’s a whole different ballgame for Oshae and Frank without Battle drawing all the focus. Now it’s stop Oshae.

We made the Sweet 16 this year.
We’re bringing all but one of the key players back.

No one could score on us this year. We are
Bringing in an elite guard.

It’s a whole different ballgame for Oshae and Frank without Battle drawing all the focus. Now it’s stop Oshae.
Which opens things up for the backcourt and Dolezaj.

We made the Sweet 16 this year.
We’re bringing all but one of the key players back.

No one could score on us this year. We are
Bringing in an elite guard.
Carey isn’t going to be as good Battle this year.
He can hope Hughes and Carey equal Battle from this year.
We have no depth at forward.

Again we were the last team to make the tournament. My god you make it sound like everything is okay. We are going to be a bubble again that will be 5 years in a row if it happens.

Carey isn’t going to be as good Battle this year.
He can hope Hughes and Carey equal Battle from this year.
We have no depth at forward.

Again we were the last team to make the tournament. My god you make it sound like everything is okay. We are going to be a bubble again that will be 5 years in a row if it happens.
At some point you’ll acknowledge that Hughes and Buddy can and will play forward.

Yes improving his draft stock. That's it.

At some point you’ll acknowledge that Hughes and Buddy can and will play forward.

You can keep saying it but they are barely getting on the floor at the 3 unless Marek is in foul trouble. Oshae is soaking up 35-38 mins a night with the high majority of those at the 3. He'll slide up to 4 when necessary but would have to believe on Jimmys history that "when necessary" is more likely than regularly.

Buddy?? Yikes. Paul Harris would get worked down there and he was an absolute specimen. Pace would often struggle down there too and he was a very good athlete.

6’5 vs. 6’9+ just isn’t fair sometimes and that can happen often if you’ve got a guy with guard height in the back of the zone.

Just because they can or will doesn't mean it puts us is an ideal situation to win with them in those positions

You can keep saying it but they are barely getting on the floor at the 3 unless Marek is in foul trouble. Oshae is soaking up 35-38 mins a night with the high majority of those at the 3. He'll slide up to 4 when necessary but would have to believe on Jimmys history that "when necessary" is more likely than regularly.

Buddy?? Yikes. Paul Harris would get worked down there and he was an absolute specimen. Pace would often struggle down there too and he was a very good athlete.

6’5 vs. 6’9+ just isn’t fair sometimes and that can happen often if you’ve got a guy with guard height in the back of the zone.
He said we don't have depth at forward. We do. That's all.

Buddy is not depth at forward.

Hughes is a SG he was recruited for the top of the zone with his length.
Not to be a forward.

We have 2 natural forwards on the roster right now. We don’t have depth.

You can play guys in a pinch but they aren’t depth. If Dolezaj sprains an ankle and misses 2 weeks you actually think we have depth.

Buddy is not depth at forward.

Hughes is a SG he was recruited for the top of the zone with his length.
Not to be a forward.

We have 2 natural forwards on the roster right now. We don’t have depth.

You can play guys in a pinch but they aren’t depth. If Dolezaj sprains an ankle and misses 2 weeks you actually think we have depth.
You're backpedaling. My work here is done.

We will be better. Some assumptions have to be made but they are all solid assumptions. Frank, Brissett, Chewy, and Dolezaj should all be better. Sid is hopefully 100%, thus much better and more reliable. We lose Battle but gain Carey, Hughes and Buddy. None are as good as sophomore Battle individually but collectively probably are, especially since it is added depth and flexibility which helps everyone.

We don't. We have bodies that can play out of position to fill in if necessary. Pretty big difference.

We don't. We have bodies that can play out of position to fill in if necessary. Pretty big difference.
Yeah but I am back pedaling so his work is done.
Because we have to actually play 5 players if we lose one of our 2 forwards.