More on NIL | Syracusefan.com

More on NIL

Seems like a great way to have one school "set up" another school based on "insiders," and "tips." What a joke.

"I heard Duke's sister's cousin's brother's boyfriend passed out NIL money at 31 Flavors."

Duncan told the crowd that, despite all of their doubts and the absence of announced penalties, NCAA officials have opened investigations into programs around NIL-related matters, some of which have been closed (without penalties) and others that remain active. He declined to identify the schools the NCAA has opened inquiries or full-scale investigations into and would not even reveal the number of schools involved, though it is believed to be more than a dozen.

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

They couldn't even levy sanctions against schools who officially designed no-show courses, paid players through associate coaches and shoe companies WITH recordings and text messages, and schools who committed violations while on probation for other violations.

The NCAA is a joke.

Guarantee the NCAA will start sniffing around AW. AW is smart and I’m sure he’s documented every conversation with the compliance department at SU and also with his NIL lawyer.

Well when the SEC and BIG drop their affiliation with the NCAA it’ll only be us suckers left out of the big kids club dealing with their wrath.

BREAKING NEWS - Syracuse University Basketball Program has been found guilty of “a bunch of stuff” and been given a fifty year ban as well as having to pay the NIL for all University of Kentucky recruits until 2043. Jim Boeheim will be stripped of all of his wins, and 200 of Coach K’s losses will be switched to Boeheim’s record.

California high school quarterback Jaden Rashada originally committed to play at Miami after Hurricane booster John Ruiz offered him a $9.5 million payment. A group of Florida boosters who formed the Gator Collective then offered him a deal worth more than $13 million and he released a video that featured him getting out of a brand new Lamborghini and announcing that he was going to play in Gainesville. When the booster collective was unable to raise the money to seal the deal, a new bidding war began for the prep star. Rashada tweeted yesterday that he is now going to play at Arizona State.

The biggest conferences will likely be leaving the NCAA in the near future and hoops fans should start looking forward to two college basketball tournaments in March in the coming years

The biggest conferences will likely be leaving the NCAA
As they should. If those schools want to be in the business of minor league football and basketball, then that's the only way. The NCAA is in the business of skimming those revenues for some reason.

"While not new, the document details potential violations, many of which are routinely broken. They include most notably impermissible recruiting, such as a school-affiliated third party (“booster or collective,” the document noted) contacting a prospect or a prospect’s family about NIL before the recruit signs with the school.

In short, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what it is."

I love what AW has already done for us in terms of raising our recruiting profile, but this quote from the document seems to point directly at the way he is operating. Unless he is somehow not considered either of those??

BREAKING NEWS - Syracuse University Basketball Program has been found guilty of “a bunch of stuff” and been given a fifty year ban as well as having to pay the NIL for all University of Kentucky recruits until 2043. Jim Boeheim will be stripped of all of his wins, and 200 of Coach K’s losses will be switched to Boeheim’s record.

“Somebody had to pay for what Kansas did and we feel that these sanctions send a clear message.”

- NCAA

Last edited:
"In short, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what it is."
Just can't get over how they are talking about doing this! If that is going to be the standard, there have been many programs that for years have had yellow beaks and quacked! I'm looking at you Kentucky, NC, Duke, etc.

welcome-to-duck-North-Carolina-300x298.png

Yeah, I thought that was a little strange, although I guess he doesn't have any WV highlights to show yet.

True although the footage seemed out of place as a whole.. almost just like WVU having him do so so they could throw it in SUs face a little.

Jesse spending time with Dutch team slowed him a bit getting out of the gates for us.. going now with a new team probably even less ideal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom