More PSU - A must listen | Syracusefan.com

More PSU - A must listen

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Did anyone listen to Mike Francesa today? I didn't but someone that did said that he had on 2 PSU people. One was kind of blah but the other one and Mike ripped into PSU and Paterno pretty much and this PSU person had knowledge of some of the stuff that went down in 1998. Cops overheard Sandusky (sting op) admit to kids mother what he ahd done and he also said he wished he were dead etc. It went to the DA, that Gricar guy, and the DA decided it wasn't enough evidence and refused to press further. This PSU person then said that they felt the DA going missing and then presumed dead was all connected.

Besides all the horrible things that happened to what I will bet will be far more than 9, the police and AG office should reopen the Gricar case and I will bet they will find that this whole sordid affair led to his death (suicide?) and it should also be laid at the feet of PSU admins including Paterno.

Does Francesa record and keep his shows anyplace?

Did anyone listen to Mike Francesa today? I didn't but someone that did said that he had on 2 PSU people. One was kind of blah but the other one and Mike ripped into PSU and Paterno pretty much and this PSU person had knowledge of some of the stuff that went down in 1998. Cops overheard Sandusky (sting op) admit to kids mother what he ahd done and he also said he wished he were dead etc. It went to the DA, that Gricar guy, and the DA decided it wasn't enough evidence and refused to press further. This PSU person then said that they felt the DA going missing and then presumed dead was all connected.

Besides all the horrible things that happened to what I will bet will be far more than 9, the police and AG office should reopen the Gricar case and I will bet they will find that this whole sordid affair led to his death (suicide?) and it should also be laid at the feet of PSU admins including Paterno.

I would guess WFAN.com has a podcast section

I would guess WFAN.com has a podcast section

Yes, WFAN has podcasts.

All I can say is you have to listen to that thing. Paterno should spend the rest of his life in jail.

All I can say is you have to listen to that thing. Paterno should spend the rest of his life in jail.

Just finished listening.

I agree - Francesa makes a solid argument that Paterno must have known in 1998 - that a lengthy police report must have gotten to him.

Sandusky was allowed to use Penn State facilities for overnight sports camps up to the present.

Sandusky had a kid with him at a Penn State practice in 2007.

Can Paterno survive the season?

Just listened to the whole thing...WOW...

If they let Paterno finish out there, Penn St is a scum institution. The hosts were right. Penn St is a PUNCHLINE right now. Makes me sick to my stomach listening to that.

Kim Jones adds some solid stuff about how Paterno in that time frame was sharp and still king of the castle. No way he didn't know.
Also interesting that many of the old time players started distancing themselves from the program and stopped going to the golf torney around that time. So rummors have been swirling for over a decade and yet this guy is still bringing kids to campus and practice in 07, and running an overnight camp on campus for 4th-9th grade boys as late as 09! amazing, its all over in happy valley!

Paternos 400+ victories will be a footnote to his career as a pedophile cover upperer. Unreal

...okay guys and gals...Paterno did what was required...he reported to higher authorities...in reality this whole thing stinks...right up there with other instances of high moral fiber including religious outrages and war crimes and...could he have done more...what did he know and when did he know it...and how would each of us reacted in similar situation...he reported it once or twice..that is the extent of his legal obligation...obvioulsy morally if he knew what was going on he should have done more...but society has demonstrated that this is not the case...we as humans fail every day

...okay guys and gals...Paterno did what was required...he reported to higher authorities...in reality this whole thing stinks...right up there with other instances of high moral fiber including religious outrages and war crimes and...could he have done more...what did he know and when did he know it...and how would each of us reacted in similar situation...he reported it once or twice..that is the extent of his legal obligation...obvioulsy morally if he knew what was going on he should have done more...but society has demonstrated that this is not the case...we as humans fail every day

What?

pfft. you sound like a penn st apologist. he knew about it in 1998 if not much earlier yet he allowed the man to stay around the program and bring little boys with him. he was an enabler.

There is failure and then there is . . . . . . well . . . . . you know basically allowing little kids to get raped by a someone you know is a preditor and simply doing nothing.
I pay taxes in PA and I could give a about the legalities, get him the out of there. He runs a program (and a college, basically) where covering for a pedephile is OK.

pfft. you sound like a penn st apologist. he knew about it in 1998 if not much earlier yet he allowed the man to stay around the program and bring little boys with him. he was an enabler.

Yup If paterno was a man and a leader, young boys wouldn't have lost their virginity to an 50+ year old pedophile

Really? Allowing a serial child rapist to hang around the program for thirteen years after a first incident, with knowledge of at least one major incident (a legitimate rape by the way, in case you didn't read the report), is "doing what was required." By what standard is that "doing what was required" because it sure as hell isn't the moral standard, or even the standard that anyone with a basic shred of humanity would uphold.

He's on TV on YES.

Really? Allowing a serial child rapist to hang around the program for thirteen years after a first incident, with knowledge of at least one major incident (a legitimate rape by the way, in case you didn't read the report), is "doing what was required." By what standard is that "doing what was required" because I sure it hell isn't the moral standard, or even the standard that anyone with a basic shred of humanity should uphold.

The really shameful thing is they helped this guy set up a summer camp to bring these young boys up there to be "counseled" by Jerry. He won freaking awards for community service for having sex with young boys. The whole University allowed this entire thing to go on for years right under their noses.

I don't have the words to express how ridiculous you sound

and how would each of us reacted in similar situation...he reported it once or twice..that is the extent of his legal obligation...obvioulsy morally if he knew what was going on he should have done more...but society has demonstrated that this is not the case...we as humans fail every day

So you're saying since Paterno reported it to the higher ups he assumed they took care of it... Until he saw Sandusky on campus the next day, and the next day, and the next day. If it was taken care of by the higher ups, Sandusky would be in JAIL.

If I was in a similar situation I'm pretty sure I call the police immediately. And if he's not arrested I keep calling until he is. This is a despicable situation and you can't spin it any way, regardless of what your thoughts on Paterno are.

There is a replay of his show today - "Best of Mike F" - starts in a few minutes on YES (ch 631 on DirecTV) @ 11PM EST.

We're not talking about legalities. None of the OSU players or coaches broke a law. Paterno and all coaches must be held to more than the "legal requirement". They are completely responsible, not just legally responsible. Paterno met no moral responsibility. None. He's a POS and should be put in jail with a bunch of Pitt fans.

Jones spoke to the '98 incident in great detail, and its REALLY damning. Sandusky should have been jailed then, and that it went all the way to the DA there is no FREAKING way that JoePa didn't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom