pick one

• FBall

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Hoops

Votes: 22 61.1%

• Total voters

Shark58

BANNED
Which program has the better chance for big time success, SU Football pr Basketball?

images

All of the above.

Well, maybe it will be football as much as I doubt it.

Certainly there is nothing but upside as judged by a sportswriter from here is SC. He said that because this years Syracuse/ Clemson game is on a Friday night, you'd be better off going to a good high school game.

Well, maybe it will be football as much as I doubt it.

Certainly there is nothing but upside as judged by a sportswriter from here is SC. He said that because this years Syracuse/ Clemson game is on a Friday night, you'd be better off going to a good high school game.
Well! I never!

Still hoop. As excited as I am about football, the best case scenario that I can realistically dream of still has a clear ceiling on it.

Hoops? If we get a stud player and a couple other good players, and then some decent role players and the parts fit well together, we can win it all. Our lineup in 2003 was drastically more talented than our lineups in 2001 and 2002. It doesn't have to take long to turn it around in bball and our hoops program can get those elite guys( very possible we already got him).

what do you mean by "big time?" Because I think the standards are different for the two programs. For basketball, Big Time is the Final Four, but I don't think anyone can reasonably expect the football squad to challenge for that sport's Final Four any time soon.

So, I'll just put "big time" aside and go with a different set of standards: I think the basketball team is equally as likely to make the Sweet 16 at least once in the next three years as the football team is to make a bowl game in that stretch.

Still hoop. As excited as I am about football, the best case scenario that I can realistically dream of still has a clear ceiling on it.

Hoops? If we get a stud player and a couple other good players, and then some decent role players and the parts fit well together, we can win it all. Our lineup in 2003 was drastically more talented than our lineups in 2001 and 2002. It doesn't have to take long to turn it around in bball and our hoops program can get those elite guys( very possible we already got him).

We do in fact have a stud player coming in, his name is Darius Bazley. We will def experience some growing pains this year but if the young guys improve and FH develops like we hoped he would when we recruited him we will be in serious buisness. Factor in if we land jalen carey and maybe (longshot) louis king and we are looking lethal.

I am very bullish on the 2018-19 team. Depending on Brissett/Dolzaj pro decisions, this team is going to have the right formula for a contender. I really think Bazley puts that team over the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom