Most egregious non-call I've ever seen... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most egregious non-call I've ever seen...

Meh. That clip doesnt show the entire play. If the Clemson kid had position, it could just as easily had been over the back. In real time though, I thought Hughes got undercut. Regardless, it would have been a bailout after a terrible possession. Lot's of refs swallow their whistle and just let the kids play in that scenario.

You can’t get an over the back call while shooting the ball..

the OSU game. The off season that year, yes, it was a thing. Has timed healed that wound since, perhaps. But it was not just a “fan” thing.

I mean, Boeheim was hot about it during the game - he was yelling at the NCAA administrator, the former UConn guy, at the scorer's table. For 70-something Boeheim to pick up a T in an elimination game with one of his best teams ever, that said something to me. He hadn't behaved that way in years. I'd never heard what you just said, but at the time I kind of thought that Boeheim felt the fix was in.

Well get used to some interesting calls people because playing the teams from North Carolina are about to happen. Put some duct tape over your mouth or if you're a teeth grinder put a mouth piece on because you ain't seen anything yet in the 2019/2020 season when it comes to refs. Jimmy is not going to be wearing that jacket for long and let's get ready for the bidding on the jacket for charity.

Weird.

if only there was a way to combat this condition.

It all comes down to practice. If some of these guys didn't practice so well, they might have more left in the tank!!!

I’m actually with you in that I think this should have been called, but I never expect that kind of call when we are on the road. Or playing an acc game.

Definitely should have been.

I'm with you though, I feel like I've seen non-calls on plays like that so often, that it doesn't really shock me. Hell, nobody posting on it thought the Notre Dame end was egregious, and on that one drive at the end of the game, the defense had a guy falling on the floor kicking the legs out from the guy driving/elevating on his shot. At the end, it's wrong, but they often swallow the whistle. :(

This cost them the game. Buddy has a 10 feet head start on the ball handler when they get the rebound and is still unable to stop ball. Totally breaks down the defense and gives them a lay up. Not sure if it is lack of hustle or if he's just that slow.
Eli never got back either. The cutter who ultimately scored was right where Eli was supposed to be.

Definitely should have been.

I'm with you though, I feel like I've seen non-calls on plays like that so often, that it doesn't really shock me. Hell, nobody posting on it thought the Notre Dame end was egregious, and on that one drive at the end of the game, the defense had a guy falling on the floor kicking the legs out from the guy driving/elevating on his shot. At the end, it's wrong, but they often swallow the whistle. :(

Reverse the teams and they get the call. Book it.

And, upon seeing the replay, we would not have argued about it.

I mean, Boeheim was hot about it during the game - he was yelling at the NCAA administrator, the former UConn guy, at the scorer's table. For 70-something Boeheim to pick up a T in an elimination game with one of his best teams ever, that said something to me. He hadn't behaved that way in years. I'd never heard what you just said, but at the time I kind of thought that Boeheim felt the fix was in.

my recollection of that game was that the fouls were even but plentiful. Both teams got called for about 30 of them. We were a rare SU team that had the depth to absorb that. the impact it had on the game was that we were a running team, (the last year we were before JB stated playing D'Antoni ball), and OSU was a grind-it out half court team. The constant interruptions in the flow of the game bothered us more than it bothered the Buckeyes and that edge was the real reason they won the game. We'd be starting a fast break and the whistle would blow, it would be a foul on Ohio State but we didn't get a fast break.

In a game of a lot of questionable calls, this was the worst. I know a lot of people will say "the refs didn't cost us the game" and sure, you can point to a lot of poor decisions on both ends of the floor for Syracuse. But that one non-call most definitely did in fact cost SU the game.

Oh man, just watched it again. It was a good no call, and I'll tell you why. Before the pass is made, Eli clearly pushes off on that defender to get the space to make the jump. Didn't notice it until now.

I was at the game. The fix was in

Fouls in the SU-OSU game were 28-20.

If I recall, many of the fouls on OSU happened at the end as they had so many fouls to give - they used them to run clock.

Boeheim had a technical.

Fouls in the SU-OSU game were 28-20.

If I recall, many of the fouls on OSU happened at the end as they had so many fouls to give - they used them to run clock.

Boeheim had a technical.

Yes it was 28-20. But the worse was that we took 25. They took 42.

I was at the game. It was the oddest BB game I have ever attended.

It felt like we were in the double bonus after 10 minutes in one of the halves. Is that even possible?

And of course there was the phantom offensive foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom