Most important thing coming out of this week | Syracusefan.com

Most important thing coming out of this week

GoSU96

Living Legend
Injury status:

How hurt are Barron, Villari, Hatcher? Hopefully McDonald was stinger and not a collarbone. Was Simmons an injury or coaches decision? I think Wilson sat because of performance. Kid has been really good but he was overwhelmed yesterday.

Did I miss anyone?

Does Shrader miss the next game? He finished the game and did the post game which are good signs.

Ellis and More look good to go. I’d imagine soreness and conditioning will be issues for both, especially Ellis.

How close is Pena? Same with Jones.

If they come out of the Clemson game with no season ending or major injuries that is big to the overall outlook for the team. Don’t lose anyone, get the two receivers back and they should go 5-0 after FSU.

Wilson graded out at 35%. He can’t play against better, bigger athletes. He’s gets lost when plays get extended. H3 was responsible for both of their touchdown passes.

Injury status:

How hurt are Barron, Villari, Hatcher? Hopefully McDonald was stinger and not a collarbone. Was Simmons an injury or coaches decision? I think Wilson sat because of performance. Kid has been really good but he was overwhelmed yesterday.

Did I miss anyone?

Does Shrader miss the next game? He finished the game and did the post game which are good signs.

Ellis and More look good to go. I’d imagine soreness and conditioning will be issues for both, especially Ellis.

How close is Pena? Same with Jones.

If they come out of the Clemson game with no season ending or major injuries that is big to the overall outlook for the team. Don’t lose anyone, get the two receivers back and they should go 5-0 after FSU.
Agree. Stay in one piece, don't get embarrassed, and move on. Yesterday was fine, I pretty much shrugged

Reactions: CIL
Still annoyed that Pena was used on punt return duty, in a game we didn't need him to play that role. That hit he took on the sideline re-aggravated his injury.

Glad that More / Ellis are back. Reinforcements, if nothing else. Agree 100% that conditioning will be a factor with Ellis. He needs to stay in the second unit. More -- we'll see. Coaches had him running with the 1's toward the end of preseason -- does he make a move for either Bradford's or Petry's starting spot?

Wilson had a bad game. He's been gone the rest of the year. Hope it's a learning experience.

Need Villari to be OK. Given the situation at WR, it looks like he could be a major factor in the passing game, provided he's healthy. Need him on the field.

Last edited:
Oh -- and does anybody have a clue what is going on with Jones? Are we legitimately expecting him to be back at some point, or... ?

Oh -- and does anybody have a clue what is going on with Jones? Are we legitimately expecting him to be back at some point, or... ?
Pretty sure Dino said “an extended time” for Jones and considering he never says anything I take that as lucky to be back before Nov

Radio silent where I usually hear things

Maybe it’s not injury related with Jones and it’s something else.

FWIW - saw him post game. He is not wearing a boot. Didn't see a brace (doesn't mean he wasn't wrapped). Smiling and moving around ok. To my eye, he seemed to have a slight limp/moving somewhat gingerly.

He seems to be a walking injury. I don’t think you can count on him.

Barron: No update. Hopefully he's OK.

WR's are week-to-week.

Villari should be OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors