Most memorable individual moments? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most memorable individual moments?

These players/teams seem so almost legendary, looking back at them now. How lucky we were to have such fun teams for so long.
It aint over Trueblue!!!

It aint over Trueblue!!!

58733294.jpg

How about the following centers? What was there OSM?
Reafsnyder
Mookie Watkins
Celuck

Celuck I remember coming in on senior day against BC, after barely playing all season, and sparking the team and crowd a bit with some offensive rebounds and hustle plays. He missed some makable shots though with the crowd really ready to explode if he would've made them. Team fell a little short and lost a close one, as they usually did down the stretch of that season.

Donovan McNabb - the block on Jahidi White, and 10 points and 6 rebounds in a win over Georgetown.

Really incredible that that happened if you think about it. Our 6'2 starting QB and a walk on hoops player that barely played, comes in and plays in the post and plays great against our biggest rival. I wish I could find video of that.

Celuck I remember coming in on senior day against BC, after barely playing all season, and sparking the team and crowd a bit with some offensive rebounds and hustle plays. He missed some makable shots though with the crowd really ready to explode if he would've made them. Team fell a little short and lost a close one, as they usually did down the stretch of that season.

Of course, there's the wardrobe malfunction in the NIT game.

Let's see, I remember the leader of the #1 team in the county, undefeated, throwing down the LAST 360 dunk in SU history:

I started a thread about this one play, and asked when it wouldnt next happen, and who would be the next player to do it...(I think the best guess anyone had was BJ Johnson, and who knows, he still may be lol).

I know not all of you remember/care for the flashy dunks when we had very talented teams, but some of us do :p

Conrad McCrae's last second shot to beat Villanova in 1992.

Wish I could find video of it.

That was awesome! I wonder how many folks on here know who got the assist on that? I think it was roughly a 3/4 court pass. Hint: It wasn't Grant Hill, but the same year, I believe.

Let's see, I remember the leader of the #1 team in the county, undefeated, throwing down the LAST 360 dunk in SU history:

I started a thread about this one play, and asked when it wouldnt next happen, and who would be the next player to do it...(I think the best guess anyone had was BJ Johnson, and who knows, he still may be lol).

I know not all of you remember/care for the flashy dunks when we had very talented teams, but some of us do :p

F Villanova, love how even JB was like "yikes".

These players/teams seem so almost legendary, looking back at them now. How lucky we were to have such fun teams for so long.

Your post may be my favorite of the thread, my man. You want to know the funny thing? Before your proclamation, Seikaly, Coleman and Stevie Thompson hadn't been mentioned!! Heck, the latter two still haven't been, unless I missed something! Has Wes Johnson? Like you said, this team has had so many legendary players, games, moments, and even opponents that we've been a very fortunate fanbase.

I posted Fab's 360 before reading the others, and figured he'd be one of the guys that still wouldnt be taken by page 4. Now that it's clear we may never see another title belt, I at least would like one more 360 dunk or something over the top flashy. I wouldn't mind a bunch more of these legendary plays/players too!

"The inbounds steal and halftime buzzer beater against Missouri."

This is the one that I would have listed - didn't think anyone else would have thought of it. It was when I realized that GMAC was a player and not just a shooter, and that the team had some real potential. IIRC Missouri was ranked #11. Good one.

McNamara is a guy where about 5 of them instantly come to mind for me and I don't really know what's number 1...

The 3 against UConn to put it into OT. I don't know if I've ever been happier for a player, because I knew we would win after that and I knew we'd make the dance at that point.

The 3 to beat Cincinatti.

The 3 to beat Georgetown on the road.

The 3 to beat ND in '03.

The inbounds steal and halftime buzzer beater against Missouri.

I haven't read through this entire, but did someone mention Louis Mccroskey preening after a dunk vs UConn when we were down 20?

Also that time Billy Celuck made a layup.

That was awesome! I wonder how many folks on here know who got the assist on that? I think it was roughly a 3/4 court pass. Hint: It wasn't Grant Hill, but the same year, I believe.

My memory says Mike Hopkins threw the pass.

Hop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom