Most Memorable Performance Against SU | Syracusefan.com

Most Memorable Performance Against SU

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
There have been so many great players who have played in Manley and The Dome against SU over the years. Two standout in my mind, David Robinson (Navy) and Wayman Tisdale (OK). I remember thinking Tisdale looked like such a complete player, no answer for him.

Dude from Seton Hall at the Dome and the kid I can’t pronounce his name from St Johns a few years back who couldn’t miss.

Not the sexiest names out there but those two performances left me scratching my head and were totally unexpected.

Dude from Seton Hall at the Dome and the kid I can’t pronounce his name from St Johns a few years back who couldn’t miss.

Not the s e xiest names out there but those two performances left me scratching my head and were totally unexpected.

Hazell, definitely that one.

Donyell Marshall and Keon Clark were two players who I remember having their way against SU, both in losses.

There have been so many great players who have played in Manley and The Dome against SU over the years. Two standout in my mind, David Robinson (Navy) and Wayman Tisdale (OK). I remember thinking Tisdale looked like such a complete player, no answer for him.
I just remember Mike Sweetney and Ryan Humphrey being prototypical zone busters. They would park their considerable derriers at the foul line and hit easy jumpers, shot fake layups or offensive put backs at will, all night long. I am sure each of them had at least 1 30 and 10 type game in the Dome, and I hated them for it, but always admired how they were built to single handedly shred the zone. You see other teams try and replicate flashing those skills from the foul line, but they rarely pull it off. See the Blake G thread for another example of a model zone killer.

Chris Hill when he dropped 10 3s. That wasn't in the dome though.

Constantine Popa. He was a terrible player but his physical appearance was memorable. A cross between Bela Legosi and a pterodactyl. Very memorable.

This conversation begins and ends with David Robinson in 1986. Lots of great performances by opposing players over the years, and I'm not quite old enough to remember the Niagara game in 1968, but in terms of taking over a game at both ends of the floor, especially a game of that importance, nothing touches the Admiral.

Beyond the obvious ones listed already, how about -

Kyle Kuric from Llvll, prototype Random White Guy who was a walk-on at the time-
WENT OFF on us for 22pts in the 2nd half to close out Freedom Hall w/ a W for the home team.

With Smith sidelined and Louisville’s offense in desperate need of a spark, Pitino turned to an unlikely source. Seldom-used sophomore guard Kyle Kuric came into the final game of the 2009-10 regular season boasting drab averages of 13.4 minutes and 3.5 points per game. The last time he had stepped foot on the Freedom Hall court in a game, he had played seven minutes and failed to record a single statistic in U of L’s 70-60 loss to Georgetown. Still, this was the man Pitino decided need to ignite his team in the most important half of its season.
What followed was one of the most remarkable, memorable and improbable individual performances in the history of Louisville basketball.
Over a span of 13 minutes and 41 seconds, Kuric ripped the net for four three-pointers against Syracuse’s vaunted 2-3 zone, and rocked the rim with four violent dunks, each one sending the home crowd into a louder uproar than the one before. In 13 minutes and 41 seconds, Kuric had scored 22 points, a career-high for the unheralded native of Evansville, Ind. Over that same time span, Syracuse had only been able to amass 22 points as a team. The result of all this was a 78-68 Louisville victory, and a mild court-storming from some of the Freedom Hall faithful — the only Cardinal court storm in the building’s history according to some of its long-time patrons.

Tracy Tripucka, LaFayette game against Bill Smith, Syracuse
Tracy had 41 or 43 and Bill Smith had 47 points

Can’t remember who won but it was a great game for the two players.

Believe that Tracy was Kelly Tripucka‘s uncle. Kelly has great years for Norte Dame and in the NBA.

Tracy Tripucka, LaFayette game against Bill Smith, Syracuse
Tracy had 41 or 43 and Bill Smith had 47 points

Can’t remember who won but it was a great game for the two players.
As usual, Ray has the answer.

Syracuse won 106-92.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom