Most Pretentious Obnoxious Visiting fans I’ve ever witnessed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most Pretentious Obnoxious Visiting fans I’ve ever witnessed

My wife became a Carolina fan solely because husband #1 and her two boys totally bought into the whole Duke schtick and listening to them and watching K made her sick.
Hard to blame her.

Let me guess...she was ugly.

Matt Dougherty didn't have a great coaching career at UNC but this is funny.

UNC Coach Apologizes For Remark Made About Duke Cheerleaders
Posted February 13, 2001

DURHAM — The UNC-Duke rivalry is tense, and anything a coach can do to break that tension will help the team. However, a comment made by UNC head basketball coach Matt Doherty to his team has people talking off the court.
Late in the UNC-Duke game during a timeout huddle, Doherty made a comment to his players about the Duke cheerleaders The remark made its way into anESPN magazine article.
In the article, he quoted as saying, "Oh, by the way, Duke still has the ugliest cheerleaders in the ACC."
Doherty says it was just a joke - meant to break the tension of the game. In a letter to the Duke cheerleaders Tuesday, Doherty wrote, "I meant no disrespect. However, I apologize for the insensitive reference and hope you do not take it seriously or personally."

Matt Dougherty didn't have a great coaching career at UNC but this is funny.

UNC Coach Apologizes For Remark Made About Duke Cheerleaders
Posted February 13, 2001

DURHAM — The UNC-Duke rivalry is tense, and anything a coach can do to break that tension will help the team. However, a comment made by UNC head basketball coach Matt Doherty to his team has people talking off the court.
Late in the UNC-Duke game during a timeout huddle, Doherty made a comment to his players about the Duke cheerleaders The remark made its way into anESPN magazine article.
In the article, he quoted as saying, "Oh, by the way, Duke still has the ugliest cheerleaders in the ACC."
Doherty says it was just a joke - meant to break the tension of the game. In a letter to the Duke cheerleaders Tuesday, Doherty wrote, "I meant no disrespect. However, I apologize for the insensitive reference and hope you do not take it seriously or personally."

That plus Doherty getting in Chris Collins’ face earned him some points in my book.

Being a kid from Alabama with no ties to the city or the university, I picked to root for SU because I could not stand the likes of programs like UNC and Duke. Best decision I've made in my sports fandom 9 years ago :)

We had three in our section. Stood the whole game (while looking at their phones). Their prerogative of course but a guy behind them asked them to sit down (don't know if he asked nicely or not). One of them went completely ballistic, like she'd been stabbed. Took quite a while to settle her down.
If you were sitting in section 315 we were directly behind these jerks. We asked them over and over again to sit down but they looked at us like we were the crazy ones. Sure stand and cheer for a good play or even a series of good plays but to stand the entire game even during stoppage of play and blocking the view of those behind them was completely obnoxious.

If you were sitting in section 315 we were directly behind these jerks. We asked them over and over again to sit down but they looked at us like we were the crazy ones. Sure stand and cheer for a good play or even a series of good plays but to stand the entire game even during stoppage of play and blocking the view of those behind them was completely obnoxious.

Lol, they stood the whole game and it actually stayed tame?

Shocked they didn’t get pelted with stuff, after awhile.

I feel for you! I was like three rows back. Just far enough to be able to see over them without standing.

I guess they have the right but if that sweet young thing yelled at me like that, I don't think I would have sat still for that. One of us would have had to leave.

They're the ones, roughly in the middle. The one in the center of the three who was screaming actually seemed a little shook up after that and sat down for a while.

20190225144258.jpg

I feel for you! I was like three rows back. Just far enough to be able to see over them without standing.

I guess they have the right but if that sweet young thing yelled at me like that, I don't think I would have sat still for that. One of us would have had to leave.

They're the ones, roughly in the middle. The one in the center of the three who was screaming actually seemed a little shook up after that and sat down for a while.

View attachment 154808
There was a guy in the row behind us that actually grabbed the hood of the girl (who was seated in this pic) while she was standing up and pulled her down into her seat. It got a bit ugly at that point. The ushers were useless. They couldn’t get them to sit down and then offered to move us!! Where the heck were they going to put us? Just a bunch of inconsiderate self entitled Millenials. In front of them was a wife and husband with a 9 yr old child who also happened to be Duke fans. The wife turned around and asked these young Duke female fans to stop dropping the F bombs that were coming our if their mouths all during the game. Disgusting!