Most Targets Without a TD Allowed This Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most Targets Without a TD Allowed This Season

And there’s your answer to a couple of Dabo did a horrible job coaching by throwing so much observation/assertions.

He was making lawerence and the offense play against the strength of SUs defense. It does them no good to blow SU out running the ball. To win another title they need the passing game to execute against top notch corners.

it was practice for them

I thought I read that Etienne wasn't feeling great last Saturday so that might have had a small part in this, but what you wrote makes a lot of sense.
Dabo is a pretty smart guy and it doesn't serve their long-term expectations of success if they did exactly what Liberty did against SU.
(Still, I thought Bear and the DL looked a lot, lot better against the run last week.)

Hanna at 190 will be a beast.

I hope he can get there. That's over 20 lbs, so he needs to add another 12% of body weight. But agree he desperatly needs to put the weight on to become more effective.

I hope he can get there. That's over 20 lbs, so he needs to add another 12% of body weight. But agree he desperatly needs to put the weight on to become more effective.

The general line of thinking around here is that we can bring in 250# kids and turn them into 290# DTs but going from 170 to 190 will be hard to do? 2 years in the S&C and Hanna will be ripped.

well this is because teams are scoring up and across the middle.

well this is because teams are scoring up and across the middle.
With trill dinged up since Pitt, and Coley having been out, I agree this is partially why.

Am I mis-interpreting the statistic? Doesn't it say targets? Meaning how often they're throw at without allowing a TD? So what does that have to do with scoring up and across the middle?
because teams arent really throwing to the boundaries when they score...

Hanna has the tools but needs to add a lot of pounds.

It is amazing to me how our secondary can go from Antwan Cordy & the rest of the group who couldn't stop anyone to one of the best in the country (arguably), while our offense has done what it has.

Makes no sense.

Hanna has the tools but needs to add a lot of pounds.

It is amazing to me how our secondary can go from Antwan Cordy & the rest of the group who couldn't stop anyone to one of the best in the country (arguably), while our offense has done what it has.

Makes no sense.
Well...offense has the tiny, insignificant complication of a single player who touches the ball every single play. And I'm not talking about the Center.

The general line of thinking around here is that we can bring in 250# kids and turn them into 290# DTs but going from 170 to 190 will be hard to do? 2 years in the S&C and Hanna will be ripped.

Put me in the camp that thinks going from 250 to 290 is a very difficult (near impossible) ask. I'll be happy if he can get to over 180.

Put me in the camp that thinks going from 250 to 290 is a very difficult (near impossible) ask. I'll be happy if he can get to over 180.

I have a buddy who was a D3 O-Lineman.
He played at like 280. And he's maybe 6' tall.

Once his playing days were over, he got into triathlon, and lost 100 lbs.
THAT is his natural, healthy body weight and physiology.

Yet - he was able to put on 100 lbs above that, so he could play football in college.
(and while I'm quite sure it wasn't remotely all muscle - neither are most OL or DL)

Well...offense has the tiny, insignificant complication of a single player who touches the ball every single play. And I'm not talking about the Center.

I know. But it still makes no sense, given the offense he wants to run and how conducive it is to recruiting a QB.

Even if DeVito isn't the answer with a perfect OL, there should be other options. And the staff shouldn't have to find a C lister every recruiting cycle.

Hopeful that Lamson is the start of a different trend, but it is infuriating to see one side of the ball compile a ton of talent and the other side almost see the talent start to trend the other direction (Ishmael/Etta Tawo/Phillips are better than anyone we have now at WR all things considered).

The mind blowing takes here are astounding . “Well they don’t score to the outside cause they score up the middle.” That would mean that they are doing their job and not allowing TD’s on the boundaries which forces them up the middle. If the middle of the D was solid the whole D would be elite. In a year or two time we will have top 15 DB corp Mark my words

because teams arent really throwing to the boundaries when they score...

I've seen both players with PBs across the middle. I've also seen a couple of the TDs we've given up come against the safeties. Maybe teams aren't throwing at these two ? :confused:

Melifonwu would be silly to declare, he won’t be drafted.

If Trill leaves he would be a 6/7th rounder.

if he comes back for another year he could catapult himself up draft boards with a solid season. Think he will be coming back
NFL draft is to unpredictable, remember when durrell eskridge was as high as a 3rd round projected pick and went undrafted, day 2 and 3 theirs guys the "experts" never projected or heard of, trill could be a 4th rounder or he could go undrafted. Iffy's brother is in the nfl I'm sure he'll have an idea where he stands through his bros connections and can decide off that.

Because our corners are shutting them down?
Ok champ, how many PBUs are happening past the 50 yard line compared to long runs and throws over the middle? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Ok champ, how many PBUs are happening past the 50 yard line compared to long runs and throws over the middle? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
Champ? You saw my title. Please, just treat me like everyone else, I will never forget the little people, like you. Most targets without allowing a TD allowed. That is the stat.

I have a buddy who was a D3 O-Lineman.
He played at like 280. And he's maybe 6' tall.

Once his playing days were over, he got into triathlon, and lost 100 lbs.
THAT is his natural, healthy body weight and physiology.

Yet - he was able to put on 100 lbs above that, so he could play football in college.
(and while I'm quite sure it wasn't remotely all muscle - neither are most OL or DL)
That's probably the big difference. If a guy like that puts on some bad weight to go with the good weight, it doesn't matter much. If Hanna puts on bad weight, he slows down and becomes ineffective.

Last edited: