Movies 2023 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Movies 2023

Middle aged guys eyeing Margo Robbie as Barbie.
I asked my wife if she would see the Barbie movie and she said she and her female friends already have a date and time picked out. It blew her mind that I'd be interested in going. And while I don't mind seeing the lovely Ms. Robbie on the big screen, mostly it's because I feel like it has the potential to be a super weird movie and I'm really into that.

I asked my wife if she would see the Barbie movie and she said she and her female friends already have a date and time picked out. It blew her mind that I'd be interested in going. And while I don't mind seeing the lovely Ms. Robbie on the big screen, mostly it's because I feel like it has the potential to be a super weird movie and I'm really into that.
Weirdo

Has anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

Saw it last night. I honestly think everyone should go see this movie. Shines a bright light on the child sex slave industry. And, opposed to what some reviewers are saying, it is not right wing propaganda, it is not a religious movie, and it is not political in any way.

Watched scream 6 today and thought that was fantastic. Bummed no neve campbell, I don’t know what the future plans are if she would be willing to return for the right money but I enjoyed the movie as a whole. Ghostface was pretty brutal.

thats still a tough ask to sit through 2 hrs of that though.
My wife is a trooper and sits through all the Marvel movies with me. I’ll repay the favor and see Barbie with her, which she is extremely excited about. Going to a dine in so will be having some drinks to help me get through it.

watched beautiful life. nothing too earthing shattering or great acting but the Danish dude who i never heard of sure can sing.

freed up some time

going to see guardians 3, Indy 5, spidey 2, oppenhiemer, and MI xx the next 2 weeks..

My wife is a trooper and sits through all the Marvel movies with me. I’ll repay the favor and see Barbie with her, which she is extremely excited about. Going to a dine in so will be having some drinks to help me get through it.
My wife is obsessed with Cillian Murphy, bordering on dangerously so. She may actually not let me go see Oppenheimer with her. She’s had this on her calendar for months. She even read a book on Opp to get prepped for the movie.

My wife is obsessed with Cillian Murphy, bordering on dangerously so. She may actually not let me go see Oppenheimer with her. She’s had this on her calendar for months. She even read a book on Opp to get prepped for the movie.
The geiger counter sounds that play throughout the one trailer make me cringe. I'm not sure what it is about certain sounds that drive one crazy, but that is one of them. The trailer was in every commercial break on the YES app one night.

freed up some time

going to see guardians 3, Indy 5, spidey 2, oppenhiemer, and MI xx the next 2 weeks..
Guardians 3 today.

Cant top the first , but finished well if you dig the chars.. The Rocket backstory was really nice to see.. Finished off the 3 story arc well I thought.

Made about 3 billion with a talking piece of wood and a wise cracking racoon.

Last edited:
the problem with most of this is that they want more for the things that do better but not less for the things that dont.. Like other things the success stories are paying for the other 90% of things.

Like Indiana jones is going to make 3-400 million which is in itself a real good number.. but gonna lose like 200 million because it costs so much to make. Do they want everyone who made that movie to give salary back?

They could make a bunch of 5-10 million dollar movies and hope 4-5 break out but that would mean lots of people still making nothing.

the problem with most of this is that they want more for the things that do better but not less for the things that dont.. Like other things the success stories are paying for the other 90% of things.

Like Indiana jones is going to make 3-400 million which is in itself a real good number.. but gonna lose like 200 million because it costs so much to make. Do they want everyone who made that movie to give salary back?

They could make a bunch of 5-10 million dollar movies and hope 4-5 break out but that would mean lots of people still making nothing.
$350m is the production cost alone. Add 50% of that for promotion. And they get maybe 50% of the gross.

They are losing a lot more than $200m

$350m is the production cost alone. Add 50% of that for promotion. And they get maybe 50% of the gross.

They are losing a lot more than $200m
But they will be making back more than just box office as well.

They will get back more than 50% because thats a bottom line cost and they will getting most of the BO in the first few weeks when the studios actually get more than 50%

its also a big unknown on what saving they got for filming in some of those locations. Thats not factored into the production costs as well

The geiger counter sounds that play throughout the one trailer make me cringe. I'm not sure what it is about certain sounds that drive one crazy, but that is one of them. The trailer was in every commercial break on the YES app one night.
I haven't seen the preview you mention to hear the Geiger counter sound.

But since you mentioned certain sounds that drive you crazy...

I absolutely HATE the ringing sound accompanied by every huge explosion a movie's main character is nearly killed by.

I get it - their ears are ringing because of the blast. Stop making mine ring too with an obnoxiously loud sound!!

(end rant)

Was planning on going to see Mission Impossible last night and then looked and saw the run time at 2:46. Get the hell outta here with that. Not going to be seeing that on a weekday evening.

But they will be making back more than just box office as well.

They will get back more than 50% because thats a bottom line cost and they will getting most of the BO in the first few weeks when the studios actually get more than 50%

its also a big unknown on what saving they got for filming in some of those locations. Thats not factored into the production costs as well
When you look at what goes into making a movie, its surprising some even get made.. Just look at costs..

Say its 100 people making 50K a yr , just for around the set people. thats a million for 3 months. Now some get made much faster but some take 2-3x times that.

Add in writers and that kind of cost

then add in food/travel/lodging/building sets

Then for bigger movies the cost of the special effects that require cgi

Now we have the workers wanting more money, the actors wanting more money, the writers wanting more money and they just settled on the directors getting more money..

if they all want 5-10% you just increased the cost of doing business by as much as 40% without any increase in profits. Fans dont want to pay more for tickets and are coming out less to the box office.

But like many businesses the people at the top make the bucks and the worker bees make peanuts.

Much of this made sense back in the day when studios owned the talent and owned the theaters

Do most people like the dine in theaters? Initially I really liked the concept and then as I've aged I absolutely hate it. Hearing people eat while trying to watch a movie, especially during quiet parts extremely bothers me at this point in life.

Was planning on going to see Mission Impossible last night and then looked and saw the run time at 2:46. Get the hell outta here with that. Not going to be seeing that on a weekday evening.
my time yesterday for Guardians from sitting down to leaving was 2:45 with the previews and staying thru the after credits. Then add in 30-40 to get to the closest movie plex.

I seldom go week 1 anymore just because of the crowds for these big movies.

Which is also begs the question is are the movies/theaters hurting them selves.. It used to be a bunch of movies with several showings.. Now its a limited number of movies with the bigger ones tons of showings. So movies dont stay as long and you have tons of very empty showings.

30-40 yrs ago you never went to a movie with 20-50% empty seats now I rarely go to one with more than 5-10 people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom