Movies You Hate That Everyone Else Loves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Movies You Hate That Everyone Else Loves

Love both Clerks movies, Mall Rats, Chasing Amy. I've read the LOTR books (who hasn't?) and liked them, they're good books. The movies are horrendous. The Clerks 2 clip I had to include because it pretty accurately sums up my thoughts on the movies.

First off, I haven't. On a Clerks note, Caitlin Bree just died two weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of fantasy, sci-fi, or even super hero movies.

If I had to pick one movie that I hated that others seem to love I'd have to go with Pulp Fiction. I probably could've picked any of Tarantino's movies but that one seems to be the most loved from what I can tell.

First off, I haven't. On a Clerks note, Caitlin Bree just died two weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of fantasy, sci-fi, or even super hero movies.

If I had to pick one movie that I hated that others seem to love I'd have to go with Pulp Fiction. I probably could've picked any of Tarantino's movies but that one seems to be the most loved from what I can tell.

Had not heard about the actress dying. RIP. I like almost all of Tarantino's movies. "Jackie Brown" might the one for you to try to watch.

Had not heard about the actress dying. RIP. I like almost all of Tarantino's movies. "Jackie Brown" might the one for you to try to watch.

I've seen a few, but I haven't seen that one.

I second the recommendation for Jackie Brown. I thought it was great. I liked Kill Bill too.

On the Leo DiCaprio topic, I generally like his stuff. Really liked Inception, The Aviator, and Great Gatsby (even though it was odd), The Departed.

On the Leo DiCaprio topic, I generally like his stuff. Really liked Inception, The Aviator, and Great Gatsby (even though it was odd), The Departed.

"The Aviator" is a favorite of mine. I thought he should have won the Oscar for it and that's not a knock on Jamie Foxx. Jamie got him twice if you count Django.

DiCaprio is in good movies, he doesn't make them good...nor does he make them better.

fwiw: he also doesn't make them worse...

The English Patient? (I actually never saw it but I know someone who hated it).

bb30c74054ee9c5ea9aed042c21ae5be.jpg

Wet Hot American Summer, Napoleon Dynamite, all those Lord of the Rings movies.

"Boyhood." I get that making it was a major feat, but I just found it incredibly boring, with poor writing and lacking a perspective. I found myself really just not caring about the faux wisdom of a slacker teenage art school wannabe.

I considered putting Napoleon in the first post of this thread but decided it wasn't worth mentioning. The only good thing in that movie is "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai.
I've never made it past ten minutes into Wet Hot American Summer.

Napolean Dynamite is an acquired taste. First time I watched it I thought, what exactly is this? But Uncle Rico makes it for me.

A lot of Lord of the Rings hate. I really liked those movies. And I wasn't someone that was into the books originally. Now The Hobbit movies? I thought they mailed it in with those. Didn't keep my attention.

Napolean Dynamite is an acquired taste. First time I watched it I thought, what exactly is this? But Uncle Rico makes it for me.

A lot of Lord of the Rings hate. I really liked those movies. And I wasn't someone that was into the books originally. Now The Hobbit movies? I thought they mailed it in with those. Didn't keep my attention.

If I gave it a second watch I might like it better. After all, it took me two tries to love Anchorman.

LOTR...nothing against the stories or the cinematography, but there are only so many hours in the day. Those stories draaaaaaag. By the time I got to the never-ending battle scene in the second one, enough was enough.

Most of the Will Farrell movies. Funny lines but the movies are dumb.

Mission impossible series

All the pirates of Caribbean

If I gave it a second watch I might like it better. After all, it took me two tries to love Anchorman.

LOTR...nothing against the stories or the cinematography, but there are only so many hours in the day. Those stories draaaaaaag. By the time I got to the never-ending battle scene in the second one, enough was enough.

Ha, I was trying to think of the other movie that I struggled with the first time but then loved. And it was Anchorman.

All the tree conversations in the 2nd LOTR tunes me out. Then I'll admit the 3rd one had about 4 or 5 different spots that could have been the end. The one thing I think when I watch those is they are either fighting the worst fighters on earth, or there's really no way they could live thru this.

Yeah. Surprisingly lots of LOTR hate. I liked them, but it's not the same as the books. The Hobbit is probably my favorite book, and I think Peter Jackson butchered that.

Not a Tarantino fan. I don't really like how his films slip in somewhere between reality and fantasy. Like firing a gun and just waiting around like there's no rush to get away. Or like how they just hang out in the diner. No problemo!

I think the first Matrix was a deep, excellent film. Even with Keanu's shitty acting. But Part 2 and 3 were hot garbage.

Here's another for the list: Zoolander. Don't get the love.

Yeah. Surprisingly lots of LOTR hate. I liked them, but it's not the same as the books. The Hobbit is probably my favorite book, and I think Peter Jackson butchered that.

Not a Tarantino fan. I don't really like how his films slip in somewhere between reality and fantasy. Like firing a gun and just waiting around like there's no rush to get away. Or like how they just hang out in the diner. No problemo!

I think the first Matrix was a deep, excellent film. Even with Keanu's shitty acting. But Part 2 and 3 were hot garbage.

Here's another for the list: Zoolander. Don't get the love.

I'm not much of a Ben Stiller fan but Zoolander was half decent. "Tropic Thunder" is funny. For the most part, I don't really care for the awkard, neurotic persona he tends to have in many of his movies. Same thing for Woody Allen. Woody is also a disgusting pervert, so there's that.

DiCaprio is in good movies, he doesn't make them good...nor does he make them better.

fwiw: he also doesn't make them worse...

When the reviews for Man in the Iron Mask came out, some media pundit observed, "Well, that's two movies he's drowned in ..."

Last edited:
Titanic. Only Hollywood could make a disaster costing over 1500 lives into a sappy love story.

They did the same thing with "Pearl Harbor." At least "Titanic" is watchable.

They did the same thing with "Pearl Harbor." At least "Titanic" is watchable.

Roger Ebert had an amazing opening to his review of Pearl Harbor:

"Pearl Harbor is a two-hour movie squeezed into three hours, about how on Dec. 7, 1941, the Japanese staged a surprise attack on an American love triangle."