Movies You Hate That Everyone Else Loves | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Movies You Hate That Everyone Else Loves

"The Aviator" is a favorite of mine. I thought he should have won the Oscar for it and that's not a knock on Jamie Foxx. Jamie got him twice if you count Django.

Show me the blueprints. Show me the blueprints.

Show me the blueprints.

Best movie review I ever saw was by Gene Shalit (below)
upload_2017-6-6_17-10-7.jpeg

He was reviewing The Great Gatsby. Camera switches to him with the words "The Great Gatsby" behind him (green screen).

He shakes his head.

Graphic behind him changes to "The Good Gatsby".

He shakes his head.

Graphic now says "The Fair Gatsby".

He shakes his head.

Graphic changes to "The Awful Gatsby"

He nods his head and says, "And I'm Gene Shalit with the Critic's Corner."

Brilliant.

Best movie review I ever saw was by Gene Shalit (below)
View attachment 99658

He was reviewing The Great Gatsby. Camera switches to him with the words "The Great Gatsby" behind him (green screen).

He shakes his head.

Graphic behind him changes to "The Good Gatsby".

He shakes his head.

Graphic now says "The Fair Gatsby".

He shakes his head.

Graphic changes to "The Awful Gatsby"

He nods his head and says, "And I'm Gene Shalit with the Critic's Corner."

Brilliant.

I had no idea Gene was still alive. Good for him. This is his last appearance two years ago when Willard retired.

Willard Scott retirement brings Gene Shalit back to 'Today'

Show me the blueprints. Show me the blueprints.

Show me the blueprints.

best part of the beach . virginie ledoyne . best part of aviator. gwen stefani. best part of catch me if you can. jennifer garner. best part of gatsby. nothing. it blows next to redford and waterson.

i found the departed and revenant both disappointing. titanic... great CGI when the boat sinks.
his shakespeare sucks. maybe in his mind he's gotten too big. best role may be gilbert grape.

(haven't seen wolf of wall st. or inception)

Last edited:
Kill Bills...the only Tarantino I don't like. Matrixes, Interstellar.

best part of the beach . virginie ledoyne . best part of aviator. gwen stefani. best part of catch me if you can. jennifer garner. best part of gatsby. nothing. it blows next to redford and waterson.

i found the departed and revenant both disappointing. titanic... great CGI when the boat sinks.
his shakespeare sucks. maybe in his mind he's gotten too big. best role may be gilbert grape.

(haven't seen wolf of wall st. or inception)

I didn't care for the Departed either.

The Abyss...about 3 hours of my life I will never get back. Wanted to walk out of that movie not even 1/2 way through but g/f at time didn't want to. Maybe one of the reason's I dumped her later on down the road.

Thought of another one. This one is actually a really good movie - it got nominated for an Oscar. But I just don't have the financial mind to enjoy the Big Short.

Thought of another one. This one is actually a really good movie - it got nominated for an Oscar. But I just don't have the financial mind to enjoy the Big Short.

I thought it was an interesting and informative movie but certainly not worth more than one viewing.

I remembered one that never grabbed me at all. "Forrest Gump" is a terrible movie.

Wow didn't expect to see Forrest listed. I really enjoyed it.

not sure how anyone can say forrest gump is terrible even if you dont enjoy it. Hokey perhaps, and stretches reality at times, But still it was really well acted, visually well done and attempted to hit all the elements of story telling, comedy, drama, history, romance,

not sure how anyone can say forrest gump is terrible even if you dont enjoy it. Hokey perhaps, and stretches reality at times, But still it was really well acted, visually well done and attempted to hit all the elements of story telling, comedy, drama, history, romance,

It's easy to say it's terrible. It's the entire premise of this thread. I'm not saying it wasn't a well-made film. I'm saying it's a dumb movie and, unlike most people, I didn't like it.
An idiot chases a drug addicted and diseased slut around for decades after being friend-zoned. Adam Sandler was a better football-playing moron in the Waterboy.

Last edited:
Napolean Dynamite is an acquired taste. First time I watched it I thought, what exactly is this? But Uncle Rico makes it for me.
The crazy thing is that when you first watch it everything seems so random, and then when you watch it again you realize it has an amazingly linear story.

It's kind of amazing.

The crazy thing is that when you first watch it everything seems so random, and then when you watch it again you realize it has an amazingly linear story.

It's kind of amazing.
It's one of my favorites

It's one of my favorites
So I took an acting class in college for fun/to meet girls that was taught by one of his former acting teachers. She always told us to not be afraid to audition, because sometimes it's more about fit than actual talent or ability. She always said he was a pretty crappy actor and didn't even stand out in his intro to acting session, but he fit the part perfectly and once he had shown he could establish a character it opened up other doors for him.

It's kind of amazing.

It is also absurdly quotable. I didn't really like it the first time but then it was on again later and I thought it was funny. The same thing happened with Dumb and Dumber. I thought it was horrible on first viewing and then stumbled across part of it on TV a few years later and thought it was hilarious.

An idiot chases a drug addicted and diseased slut around for decades after being friend-zoned.

If you ever see Forest Gump in the xfinity channel guide. Scroll on over to it and hit the INFO button on your remote. I'm pretty sure the text above is what appears on screen!

So I took an acting class in college for fun/to meet girls that was taught by one of his former acting teachers. She always told us to not be afraid to audition, because sometimes it's more about fit than actual talent or ability. She always said he was a pretty crappy actor and didn't even stand out in his intro to acting session, but he fit the part perfectly and once he had shown he could establish a character it opened up other doors for him.

Dances with Wolves

I was a pretty good baseball player, played in college, was recruited, etc. Never understood what people liked about Field of Dreams. Now that I've been a father for a few years, and my own father is about at the end, I really enjoy it.

Dances with Wolves

I was a pretty good baseball player, played in college, was recruited, etc. Never understood what people liked about Field of Dreams. Now that I've been a father for a few years, and my own father is about at the end, I really enjoy it.

So does that mean you need to join the army, head out west to a deserted post near a Sioux tribe, and you'll enjoy DWW?