Movies you have never seen which people are shocked that you haven't | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Movies you have never seen which people are shocked that you haven't

#1 is Shawshank Redemption for me. I've seen plenty of prison movies but for whatever reason I've never had the desire to sit and watch it. Not even a second of it. I couldn't even give a reason why.
terrific movie. I also have never seen any Star Wars movies.

I haven't seen any of the comic book (Marvel or DC) movies, except for a few Batmans and the Christopher Reeve Supermans.

the Nolan/Bale Batman Trilogy, is quite possibly the best Trilogy...ever.

Lord of the Rings. Tried to watch the first one but it somehow just didn't click for me.

Any superhero movie since about 2011. I reached my saturation point well before the rest of the world, apparently.
Read the Lord of the Rings books. Twice. Hated the movies.

If it's an fantasy movie, I've probably never seen it. I like true stories and dramas that are realistic enough they could be true. So I haven't seen Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc.

Same. No interest in that genre, so I've seen very few of the fantasy type favorites.

I've never seen Titantic, so that would be my entry here as I would typically go for a movie that's based on history.

Fell asleep in Lord of Rings 1 and was done. Never saw Avatar.
Brush up. Two more coming, and I am slightly excited,

Same. No interest in that genre, so I've seen very few of the fantasy type favorites.

I've never seen Titantic, so that would be my entry here as I would typically go for a movie that's based on history.
Yeah I haven't seen Titanic either.

just what the world needs 4 more Avatar movies.. Wasnt one enough.

If that's not enough, Disney added its own Avatar section to the Animal Kingdom theme park at Disney World. What Disney wants, Disney gets. These movies are never going to end now.

I need to see Avatar again. I remember it being pretty good though. 4 more though?

Avatar was a visual wonder, after that it had no story to tell and was poorly acted. what trick to they have this time to draw people in? the first one I expect might do well because of curiosity? but after that it better be a good movie or pushing them out so closely will be a big mistake.

Good, you didnt waste 4 hours of your life, spoiler alert, the ship still sinks.

The length of the movie is mainly what has scared me off. Very difficult to sit for 3 hours. If it's daytime, that's way too big of a time commitment to a movie. If it's nighttime, I'll probably be sound asleep by the end of the second hour.

#1 is Shawshank Redemption for me. I've seen plenty of prison movies but for whatever reason I've never had the desire to sit and watch it. Not even a second of it. I couldn't even give a reason why.
Agree with Dasher, Shawshank is a great movie. One of the best prison movies I think.

"Get busy living or get busy dying."
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
"Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"

So many great lines in the movie. I could list a bunch.

This threads made me angry but i'll entertain it...

I've never seen What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Schindler's List or any of the Bourne movies.

I've never seen any of the Bourne movies either. Haven't seen any of the Pirates movies after the first. I think my biggest is never seeing any of the Fast and Furious movies or any of the new Bond movies.

I've never seen any of the Bourne movies either. Haven't seen any of the Pirates movies after the first. I think my biggest is never seeing any of the Fast and Furious movies or any of the new Bond movies.

We're close here. I have seen the Bourne movies and liked them alot. But I have never seen any of the Pirates movies after #1 and only ever saw most of FF1. Have not seen any recent Bond movies.

The length of the movie is mainly what has scared me off. Very difficult to sit for 3 hours. If it's daytime, that's way too big of a time commitment to a movie. If it's nighttime, I'll probably be sound asleep by the end of the second hour.

I watched it once with my parents, fell asleep during it, back when it came out on vhs Pathmark gave you a free video if you bought like 100 bucks worth of groceries, so I checked it out for a couple of hrs and dozed off.

Esquire's List of 75 Movies Every Man Should See popped up on my FB feed recently (the list is from 2016 &, as far as I can tell, only has 74 movies on it). Biggest surprise for me was the inclusion of Ironman (meh).
Back to original topic - I have never understood why Shawshank is so highly touted. I've read the novella & seen bits and pieces of the movie but have never sat through the whole thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom