Movies you have never seen which people are shocked that you haven't | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Movies you have never seen which people are shocked that you haven't

I hate that I have all these entries on the list, but they just are. It's not because of an interest level, I want to see ALL of them I just haven't had a chance. Some of you puzzle me with your hate of some movies. I typically don't hate a movie, I might just get bored and tune out. So here goes..embarrassing as some are. Don't hate me, I'll get to them at some point.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, any other Indiana Jones movie.

The Batman trilogy that Kaiser mentioned. I mean, not seeing Dark Knight should practically have me jailed.

The Matrix

Pretty much any new Marvel movie.

But don't worry, I've seen all the Toy Stories, Despicable Me's, Cars, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph (which is awesome by the way) and anything else that baby making has forced upon me.

I hate that I have all these entries on the list, but they just are. It's not because of an interest level, I want to see ALL of them I just haven't had a chance. Some of you puzzle me with your hate of some movies. I typically don't hate a movie, I might just get bored and tune out. So here goes..embarrassing as some are. Don't hate me, I'll get to them at some point.

The Batman trilogy that Kaiser mentioned. I mean, not seeing Dark Knight should practically have me jailed.

The Matrix

But don't worry, I've seen all the Toy Stories, Despicable Me's, Cars, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph (which is awesome by the way) and anything else that baby making has forced upon me.

The Batman trilogy is a must watch sort of thing. The same goes for Raiders. The other Indiana Jones movies are hit and miss. The Temple of Doom could fit in the "movies you hate that others like" thread for me. Most people like it, I've always thought it was kind of cheesy. The Last Crusade, however, is a fantastic movie. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is best not talked about at all, it's that bad.

You're absolutely correct about "Wreck it Ralph."

I don't know how shocking it is, but I've never seen a Star Wars movie.

I think I've had each movie explained to me about 600 times. I've never once requested a narrative.

Our next door neighbors are huge Star Wars fans, they have two boys like 12 and 8, and I told them I've never seen Star Wars and they were just shocked. So we brought them over to our house and we watched the original one together. I was bored as hell.

The Matrix

Wreck it Ralph is great, its mature too. theres a sequel coming out, me and Disney Pixar are quite simpatico (Tangled reference, which is not Pixar, but im down with all the Disney animations).

anyway...how does an 80s kid, not see any Indiana Jones?? I mean, you liked Star Wars right, the coolest guy in the Galaxy was Han Solo and now hes about to be the coolest guy on the Planet?? I waited in line for Raiders.

im ashamed to call you friend, but it gets worse...

YOUVE NEVER SEEN THE BALE/NOLAN BATMAN TRILOGY???!!!!

good god man, you should hope for jail for that criminal offense.

the good news is you got about 7 1/2 hours of pure enjoyment that is as intellectual as it is popcorn fare coming your way.

the bad news is you wont get to see them because I have to shoot you.

Wreck it Ralph is great, its mature too. theres a sequel coming out, me and Disney Pixar are quite simpatico (Tangled reference, which is not Pixar, but im down with all the Disney animations).

anyway...how does an 80s kid, not see any Indiana Jones?? I mean, you liked Star Wars right, the coolest guy in the Galaxy was Han Solo and now hes about to be the coolest guy on the Planet?? I waited in line for Raiders.

im ashamed to call you friend, but it gets worse...

YOUVE NEVER SEEN THE BALE/NOLAN BATMAN TRILOGY???!!!!

good god man, you should hope for jail for that criminal offense.

the good news is you got about 7 1/2 hours of pure enjoyment that is as intellectual as it is popcorn fare coming your way.

the bad news is you wont get to see them because I have to shoot you.

I really don't know how the Raiders/Indiana Jones thing escaped me. I really don't. But I feel so much better that I've admitted it. I think I've seen every single other movie from the 80s. Thrice minimum.

I'm ashamed enough to fix the glitch.

I suffered through the first Batman movie. It was about as painful as getting my crotch stomped on by a Sumo wrestler wearing golf cleats. Figured it'd only get worse from there...

I really don't know how the Raiders/Indiana Jones thing escaped me. I really don't. But I feel so much better that I've admitted it. I think I've seen every single other movie from the 80s. Thrice minimum.

I'm ashamed enough to fix the glitch.
the original Raiders was really, really good, the 2nd one...not so much. but well worth your time.

it sorta fell into the 80s 'WE NEED A SEQUEL NOW!!!' trap.

so Speilberg gave them a Prequel.

the irony of that poke at the machine was not lost even on a young High School era UEO.

and just like Star Wars with Empire, the middle one is the dark one.

id give it a B maybe B-, but Raiders is an A+.

Last Crusade was a fitting end, another cool story line like Raiders. id give it B+ to A-.

youll have as much fun as your kids watching them.

and it will give you a reason to see the Raiders show at Disney, where you can sit down and comfortably finish 2 beers during the show...

the original Raiders was really, really good, the 2nd one...not so much. but well worth your time.

it sorta fell into the 80s 'WE NEED A SEQUEL NOW!!!' trap.

so Speilberg gave them a Prequel.

the irony of that poke at the machine was not lost even on a young High School era UEO.

and just like Star Wars with Empire, the middle one is the dark one.

id give it a B maybe B-, but Raiders is an A+.

Last Crusade was a fitting end, another cool story line like Raiders. id give it B+ to A-.

youll have as much fun as your kids watching them.

and it will give you a reason to see the Raiders show at Disney, where you can sit down and comfortably finish 2 beers during the show...

It's on EPIX today, a channel I barely knew that I get. So the DVR is set. The worst thing is that I don't think my wife knows I haven't seen it. It's her favorite movie from the 80s, and I think I just play along because I don't want to hear it. She still has nightmares about Kylo Ren taking down Han, and Harrison Ford marrying Calista Flockhart.

Always wanted to watch The Dark Knight, but kept holding off because I wanted to see Batman Begins first. That's been the bottleneck.

It's on EPIX today, a channel I barely knew that I get. So the DVR is set. The worst thing is that I don't think my wife knows I haven't seen it. It's her favorite movie from the 80s, and I think I just play along because I don't want to hear it. She still has nightmares about Kylo Ren taking down Han, and Harrison Ford marrying Calista Flockhart.

Always wanted to watch The Dark Knight, but kept holding off because I wanted to see Batman Begins first. That's been the bottleneck.
I just set the DVR as well, THANKS!!

going to a Brew at the Zoo tonight from 6-10, will likely be a little tipsy when I get home, that will be the perfect movie to take me till 1 or so.

I totally get the bottleneck to movies thing.

had the same issue with Lord of the Rings.

didn't see the 1st one, so I refused to go to #2 till I saw it...never did.

then 3 comes out and im like FINE!! YOU WIN!!! and I bought the 1st 2 on dvd, watched them both on consecutive nights and then went to the movie on the 3rd.

Hollywood bastards...

I just set the DVR as well, THANKS!!

going to a Brew at the Zoo tonight from 6-10, will likely be a little tipsy when I get home, that will be the perfect movie to take me till 1 or so.

I totally get the bottleneck to movies thing.

had the same issue with Lord of the Rings.

didn't see the 1st one, so I refused to go to #2 till I saw it...never did.

then 3 comes out and im like FINE!! YOU WIN!!! and I bought the 1st 2 on dvd, watched them both on consecutive nights and then went to the movie on the 3rd.

Hollywood bastards...

Take Raiders off my bucket list. It was great. Funny what passed for PG back then. Shoot a guy in the head and watch the blood flow... Did I mention that I also hate snakes?

Speaking of shooting, hold off a little longer, still working on the rest.

Our next door neighbors are huge Star Wars fans, they have two boys like 12 and 8, and I told them I've never seen Star Wars and they were just shocked. So we brought them over to our house and we watched the original one together. I was bored as hell.
It's not a TV thing

Yeah... I think they're kind of hard to watch now.

I have never sat through an entire James Bond film. I played the video game a lot though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom