Moving SU home games v. Duke to msg... | Syracusefan.com

Moving SU home games v. Duke to msg...

would not be a home game for them. Are you nuts? It wouldn't be as good as playing them in the Dome but to suggest that it is a home game for them is just crazy.

Basically makes it a home game for duke. This is just a ed idea.

The idea is to join the ACC and destroy the southern trash. Not forfeit games to them.

Are you freakin kidding me? Post of the year right there. Have you ever been to a Cuse game in the garden? They outdraw St Johns and they're loud about it.

Are you freakin kidding me? Post of the year right there. Have you ever been to a Cuse game in the garden? They outdraw St Johns and they're loud about it.

We can agree to disagree. SU does very well in msg. No doubt. I attend all the msg games. This yr the attendance was just south of 15k for the sju v. SU game. Impressive. Except duke v. Sju was about 20k. And despite what the nyp said after the game, duke fans outnumbered sju fans. Unless the sju fans were wearing blue?

But again, not a big deal. We can agree to disagree. And let's be happy that we never have to find out.

If they move this game to MSG as opposed to them coming into the Dome I will give up my seasons tickets and never attend a game again as long as I live. I agree. Screw that idea.

Basically makes it a home game for duke. This is just a ed idea.

The idea is to join the ACC and destroy the southern trash. Not forfeit games to them.

I suggest that if the ACC/Duke/UNC wants to play conf games in MSG, then that can be their home game and we will play the SU home game in the Dome.

Sounds to me like Cantor's announcement may have been a "feeler" statement, just to gauge reaction. She caught wind of the torches and sent JB and DG out to quell the crowd.

It wasn't a feeler statement. She did not mean to imply that we would play ACC games at the Garden.

It wasn't a feeler statement. She did not mean to imply that we would play ACC games at the Garden.
No doubt , and due you really think J.B. , if he is still the coach , would even come close to even think he would let this happen .

No doubt , and due you really think J.B. , if he is still the coach , would even come close to even think he would let this happen .

Well, head coaches are not usually the ones making these decisions but in JB's case, I think if he said, "Nancy, Daryl, two out of three of us has GOT to go!" I have a feeling I know which two would go.

We can agree to disagree. SU does very well in msg. No doubt. I attend all the msg games. This yr the attendance was just south of 15k for the sju v. SU game. Impressive. Except duke v. Sju was about 20k. And despite what the nyp said after the game, duke fans outnumbered sju fans. Unless the sju fans were wearing blue?

But again, not a big deal. We can agree to disagree. And let's be happy that we never have to find out.

Well one thing I'll say about that is the St. Johns-Duke game was on a Sunday afternoon and our game vs SJU was on a Wed night the day after a snowstorm.

But in general, I agree with the point. I think the SU influence in NYC is maybe a little overrated. It's not like every game we play at the garden is a sellout. When we played UNC there 2 years ago, the attendance was 15,550. I can't find the number for the game 2 days prior vs Cal, but it wasn't any higher than 15,000. I think the Jimy V last year was pretty close to a sellout, but it wasn't like SU was the only draw there.

Well one thing I'll say about that is the St. Johns-Duke game was on a Sunday afternoon and our game vs SJU was on a Wed night the day after a snowstorm.

But in general, I agree with the point. I think the SU influence in NYC is maybe a little overrated. It's not like every game we play at the garden is a sellout. When we played UNC there 2 years ago, the attendance was 15,550. I can't find the number for the game 2 days prior vs Cal, but it wasn't any higher than 15,000. I think the Jimy V last year was pretty close to a sellout, but it wasn't like SU was the only draw there.

My point was not to say that SU doesn't have a solid NYC presence. To be sure it does. My point was simply that duke's is bigger. And it is. NYC is filled with duke bankers, traders and lawyers. Duke sells out msg for regular season games. SU doesn't. That's not to say that SU doesn't have a massive msg turnout.

But again - a game in Syracuse attracts 30k crazy SU fans. At best we share msg with duke. It's a stupid trade. I a, glad tha it's not happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom