Moyer Attracting Offers | Syracusefan.com

Moyer Attracting Offers

Cuse Action

2nd String
from a lot of quality programs. Interesting that they see something in the kid but JB chose to run him out of here.

Did you watch the games this year? Maybe in a few years he could be a player for us. But not today. And last I looked, he left on his own.
I agree that he looked less than hoped for and I have no idea if he could have contributed in the future. The point is a lot of big time programs are interested in him, so some smart basketball people think he could be of value to their program. People are saying that we have to recruit program kids who will be here for 3-4 years, etc.

I'd say you had a point but the results speak for themselves - Jimmy knows how to coach. This being the Internet there's a good chance you don't.
He obviously knows how to coach, but he also bullies people, and calls kids out to the media in a bad way.

I agree that he looked less than hoped for and I have no idea if he could have contributed in the future. The point is a lot of big time programs are interested in him, so some smart basketball people think he could be of value to their program. People are saying that we have to recruit program kids who will be here for 3-4 years, etc.
He should have been a 4 year kid at the Cuse. Instead he is going to be a 2 year player somewhere else. Coaches are looking at his two or three games where he played well and hope that he can develop into that more consistently. It's a crap shoot. I would recruit him as well. Those coaches have nothing to lose.

And Vandy is one of the schools he's interested in??? It seemed like half the McD squads last night were going to Vandy. If Moyer couldn't work his way into quality time with a SU squad as thin as paint, how's he going to get PT at Vandy?-VBOF

I think moyer might be the stiffest high major basketball player I have ever seen. he isn't going to actually play anywhere. it doesn't matter.

The DO article basically spilled the beans from the Moyer end.
He liked GMac but didn’t have a good relationship with JB.

I think Moyer goes to Vandy, Stanford or Northwestern.

if the gets to choose from those three, he's pretty smart to transfer

Probably and plays little and contributes as a senior. Same as he would have here

Boeheim resembles a certain richard head but Matt should go to a good violin school like Princeton or Columbia.

Apparently he has turned down offers from blue bloods to be challenged academically. I like Matt a lot and his parents are first class people but it’s a little much. I’m going to guess Xavier.

If you believe Annette.

Apparently he has turned down offers from blue bloods to be challenged academically. I like Matt a lot and his parents are first class people but it’s a little much. I’m going to guess Xavier.

He got offers from blue bloods?? Wow, that shows that they think they can get more out of him than this staff did or could do. FWIW, I think he’s a MAC-type player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom