Moyer Attracting Offers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer Attracting Offers

I like Matt's passion but he is the type of traditional 4man who is being squeezed out of today's game. He isn't a stretch or a guy who can create off the bounce. I though his best bet would be to be center in the MAAC or A10. His parents never wanted him at Syracuse according to the DO article. I feel bad for Matt in a way. I had a very overbearing mother too, it can be hard to step out on your own. I hope he finds his way as his own young man.

Matthew Moyer's mother, Annette Moyer, says phone 'ringing off the hook'

Lol its a good idea to want to be challenged academically when basketball’s not going to be part of your future.

I’m a little sick of change of hearts and players turning their backs.

Best of luck Matt, study hard.

The DO article basically spilled the beans from the Moyer end.
He liked GMac but didn’t have a good relationship with JB.

I think Moyer goes to Vandy, Stanford or Northwestern.

With a degree from one of those schools, how will he ever get over leaving Syracuse?

Rodney_from_Utica telling Matt he sucks at basketball really put Moyer in his place.

He obviously knows how to coach, but he also bullies people, and calls kids out to the media in a bad way.
I agree he could have been smarter about it and I heard it was a bad sprain but he practiced. Jim don’t like being told what to do in his program just like I wouldn’t. I think it is a two way st.

She has no reason to lie.
I trust the family.
I believe Moyer feels burned and is leaving.

I have no idea whether she is telling the truth or not, but she has every reason to lie. She’s protecting Matt’s and/or the family’s reputation. Otherwise why even talk to the DO?

I wish him well and if he ends up at Xavier he will be closer to home competing against great players for a spot in the rotation. If he ends up at Dayton he may have more of an opportunity to play. But giving an interview to the college newspaper of the school your transferring from is a PR push and spin control. Not likely to be the absolute truth.

I have no idea whether she is telling the truth or not, but she has every reason to lie. She’s protecting Matt’s and/or the family’s reputation. Otherwise why even talk to the DO?

I wish him well and if he ends up at Xavier he will be closer to home competing against great players for a spot in the rotation. If he ends up at Dayton he may have more of an opportunity to play. But giving an interview to the college newspaper of the school your transferring from is a PR push and spin control. Not likely to be the absolute truth.
Matthew Moyer commited to the Orange before sanctions.
He reaffirmed his commitment after sanctions.
He was proud to be Orange.
He helped recruit for us on Twitter.
He was a great student.
He took a RS last year.
He gave us his number last year.

He was injured this year.
He came back early.
He is losing a year of eligibility to transfer.

Moyer has no reason to lie.
I don’t think he is lying.
Moyer is leaving most likely because of the Wake Forest post game press conference.

He was a great student.
He took a RS last year.

He came back early.

Moyer is leaving most likely because of the Wake Forest post game press conference.

Did Matt Moyer give an interview to the DO? If so I didn’t see it. His mom did and was deflecting like Kellyanne Conway. Which is what I was posting about. What are your thoughts on that?

He was a great student.
He took a RS last year.

He came back early.

...'most likely'. Unless you are in touch with the family, you have no idea. None of us do.

...'most likely'. Unless you are in touch with the family, you have no idea. None of us do.
Oh please you know he isn’t going to go full nuke.
Syracuse needs to release him from his scholarship.

He doesn’t want to air the dirty laundry.
Moyer is giving up a year of eligibility to leave.
He isn’t going to D2 he is getting offers from P5 teams.
There is a reason he is leaving and it’s not hard to figure it out.

Moyer was a RS Freshman this year.
He isn’t close to a finished product.

He doesn’t leave his dream school for something minor and SU isn’t pushing him out.

Dozens of offers and turning down several “blue bloods”? Not really buying it. Sounds exaggerated.
He wants an elite education.
He was in Newhouse.
If he goes to Vandy, Stanford or Northwestern then what?

He wants an elite education.
He was in Newhouse.
If he goes to Vandy, Stanford or Northwestern then what?

Then cool. But it doesn’t mean he was turning down blue bloods left and right who were all dying to bring in the kid who averaged 4 ppg on a team that desperately needed production from anybody and has only 2 years of eligibility left.

Doesn’t pass the smell test. I think she’s exaggerating to try to make things sound better than they are, for PR reasons.

Then cool. But it doesn’t mean he was turning down blue bloods left and right who were all dying to bring in the kid who averaged 4 ppg on a team that desperately needed production from anybody and has only 2 years of eligibility left.

Doesn’t pass the smell test. I think she’s exaggerating to try to make things sound better than they are, for PR reasons.
He already has offers from Vanderbilt and Stanford.
Along with Kansas State and Xavier.

Within the past few years Cuse has taken a transfer who averaged 3 points and 2 boards at Providence and another who averaged 8 points and 2 boards at East Carolina.

Why is hard to believe elite programs might be interested in Moyer? I would be very interested in making him a 5 in a 4-out offense while hoping he develops a jump shot.

She has no reason to lie.
I trust the family.
I believe Moyer feels burned and is leaving.
She has plenty of reasons.
The family interfered with the program at least once.
I believe Moyer had as much to do with this decision as Bazley did with his.

Within the past few years Cuse has taken a transfer who averaged 3 points and 2 boards at Providence and another who averaged 8 points and 2 boards at East Carolina.

Why is hard to believe elite programs might be interested in Moyer? I would be very interested in making him a 5 in a 4-out offense while hoping he develops a jump shot.

Both those guys had 3 years of eligibility though.

Chukwu was caught behind a senior that was a good player at Providence.

Not hard to believe that there’s interest in Moyer, it just sounds exaggerated.

He was a great student.
He took a RS last year.

He came back early.

Matt Moyer hasn’t said anything. You’re relying on hearsay.

He doesn’t leave his dream school for something minor and SU isn’t pushing him out.
You spin a nice story. But you don't know. You may be right, but you're acting as if you have inside knowledge. If you do, fine. But most of what you say sounds like a courtroom summation based on circumstantial evidence. Which is fine, too. We all have a vote on our perception. :)

Just P5 teams? I thought it was blue bloods.

You’re right, SU isn’t pushing him out. His parents are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom