Moyer Attracting Offers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer Attracting Offers

You spin a nice story. But you don't know. You may be right, but you're acting as if you have inside knowledge. If you do, fine. But most of what you say sounds like a courtroom summation based on circumstantial evidence. Which is fine, too. We all have a vote on our perception. :)
I have no inside information on Moyer.
I am just putting the pieces together in what I believe is the most likely scenario.

He wants an elite education.
He was in Newhouse.
If he goes to Vandy, Stanford or Northwestern then what?
Then he’s playing for a lesser team.

Just P5 teams? I thought it was blue bloods.

You’re right, SU isn’t pushing him out. His parents are.
Is Indiana a blue blood?
Or Ohio State?

I am sure he is hearing from some “blue bloods”.

Moyer wants a good academic school.

I have no inside information on Moyer.
I am just putting the pieces together in what I believe is the most likely scenario.
Occam’s Razor would like a word.

She has plenty of reasons.
The family interfered with the program at least once.
I believe Moyer had as much to do with this decision as Bazley did with his.
Interfered with the program? Man, that's a stretch of epic proportions.

Is Indiana a blue blood?
Or Ohio State?

I am sure he is hearing from some “blue bloods”.

Moyer wants a good academic school.
So you’ve gone from “he’s turning down blue bloods” to “I’m sure he is hearing from some blue bloods.”

Occam’s Razor would like a word.
Matthew Moyer is losing a year of eligibility to leave.
He is getting interest from P5 schools.
Why the bleep is he leaving?

Do you just pretend the press conference after the 2nd Wake Forest game never happened?

Matthew Moyer is losing a year of eligibility to leave.
He is getting interest from P5 schools.
Why the bleep is he leaving?

Do you just pretend the press conference after the 2nd Wake Forest game never happened?
The presser happened. His parents convinced him to leave the school they didn’t want him to go to in the first place. He knows he’ll get more PT elsewhere. There’s less of a chance he’ll regret the decision if he picks a school with better academics.

Clearly, Moyer was not the most talented kid on the roster. But he always gave 100% out there, and seemed to be "all in." No idea the reason he left - assume it has to do with lack of playing time and not seeing eye to eye with JB. All that said, I'll be rooting like hell for this kid. I think he's a garbage man type 4 man. Give him 10 min a game, tell him to be aggressive, crash the glass and use up some fouls.

While losing him doesn't drastically change the trajectory of next year's team, I think he could have had a role as an energy guy. Seemed like a really great kid on top of it all. I'd love to see him succeed wherever he lands.

Last edited:
The presser happened. His parents convinced him to leave the school they didn’t want him to go to in the first place. He knows he’ll get more PT elsewhere. There’s less of a chance he’ll regret the decision if he picks a school with better academics.
So Moyer’s parents who couldn’t talk him out of coming to SU in the first place convinced him to leave.

Why do you think he is listening to them about leaving if they he didn’t listen to about coming.

There is a reason he wants to leave.

Within the past few years Cuse has taken a transfer who averaged 3 points and 2 boards at Providence and another who averaged 8 points and 2 boards at East Carolina.

Why is hard to believe elite programs might be interested in Moyer? I would be very interested in making him a 5 in a 4-out offense while hoping he develops a jump shot.

Elite or Power 5? Cause Pitt, Rutgers, Iowa State, Cal, Vandy are all power 5 and they had 15 conference wins between them and 76 losses.

Not about what you average it's about potential and Chukwu was a 7-0 freshman center. Of course you take a transfer like that.

You're not going to see transfers averaging big points and big minutes.

So Moyer’s parents who couldn’t talk him out of coming to SU in the first place convinced him to leave.

Why do you think he is listening to them about leaving if they he didn’t listen to about coming.

There is a reason he wants to leave.
They said they wanted to let him be his own man. That lasted two 1/2 years.

They said they wanted to let him be his own man. That lasted two 1/2 years.
That is one Interpretation.
Another could be he felt disrespected about the fact a private conversation with the Moyer family didn’t stay private and JB went public at a press conference.

JB could have been pissed about Moyer’s family and keep it in house. Going public was stupid.

That is one Interpretation.
Another could be he felt disrespected about the fact a private conversation with the Moyer family didn’t stay private and JB went public at a press conference.

JB could have been pissed about Moyer’s family and keep it in house. Going public was stupid.
The conversation didn’t stay private because his mom posted about it on Facebook on her way to church.

The conversation didn’t stay private because his mom posted about it on Facebook on her way to church.
His mom posted his ankle after the injury.

JB should be above the parents. He is the leader of the program. Again, JB should keep that stuff in house.

Parents are always going to defend their kids.
JB doesn’t need to say anything except Matt didn’t feel healthy. He is getting treatment and comeback ASAP.

I agree that he looked less than hoped for and I have no idea if he could have contributed in the future. The point is a lot of big time programs are interested in him, so some smart basketball people think he could be of value to their program. People are saying that we have to recruit program kids who will be here for 3-4 years, etc.

We only have your word that unidentified “big time programs” are interested in him.

Who knows if that is true or what this “interest” entails. They might be just betting on potential and have a scollie open.

I'm glad people are seeing through some of the bull. There is a destructive force at play. DO gave us the G rated version because they have to.

His mom posted his ankle after the injury.
Yeah, she did that, too. So we agree that the Moyer family made all of this business public. JB didn't open the door. It was already open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom