Moyer | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the double bye chances but I guess it's a possibility. Other than that, I agree with the tenor of your post. I would just say that players leave for a variety of reasons. That said, his track record at getting kids to the NBA and other pro ball speaks for itself.

I would also say that JB is a legend. He's built this program. He is Syracuse basketball. He's not going to change now. He will be himself no matter what. A lot of him being himself is for the better, some of it is for the worse.

Puncher's chance, at best. Crazy all things considered we're two ball bounces away from it, in the ACC.

We all get JB, but my general point is the better - how the kids perform on the court and the chances he gives to guys that can really play - really outweighs the worse. This current situation isn't ideal but the guys that are loyal to the program speak volumes for me.

Puncher's chance, at best. Crazy all things considered we're two ball bounces away from it, in the ACC.

We all get JB, but my general point is the better - how the kids perform on the court and the chances he gives to guys that can really play - really outweighs the worse. This current situation isn't ideal but the guys that are loyal to the program speak volumes for me.

That's fair. He certainly gives his best players great opportunities.

What is my agenda? My posting history and the interviews I've conducted with our players indicate to you a dislike of JB?
overall? don't know/don't care. but you're pushing l'affaire moyer well beyond its scope

overall? don't know/don't care. but you're pushing l'affaire moyer well beyond its scope

Got it.

Actually, I tried to diffuse things when people were calling Matt's parents "helicopter parents" and comparing them to Taurean's mom and LaVar Ball. I said it was disgusting when people were questioning Matt's toughness.

I said this issue involved two things: 1) JB's comments were unwarranted and not helpful in any way
2) communication was poor about this injury from a lot of directions

Both points are hard to take issue with but if you do I don't know/ don't care, I guess.

i just hope Matt gets healthy soon. That's all that matters on the court right now.

Yeah, I said the same thing as Tuttle in my original lengthy post.

I’m not going to discuss what Francis said here, other than to say the details of how things were communicated are paramount. I have not clue how it can be defended by anyone with any objectivity.
It can’t be

Should we focus on the underlying issue here that moyer isnt very good?

Stirring the pot but its true.

He isn't Matt Gorman, but I think he would be better suited for his role as a junior and senior.

Expectations were just too high for the poor guy.

I guess he deserves some leeway as really is first year playing college ball but i just dont see a good fit here

I guess he deserves some leeway as really is first year playing college ball but i just dont see a good fit here

He could fit if we used him where he should be.

He really shouldn't be playing a lot of minutes as an underclassmen.

He doesn't seem like a natural ball player. However what he does seem like, is someone who would be perfect to play the lone "big" in a small lineup with 4 guards/shooters. Obviously we don't play that way, but surround him with guys who can shoot or penetrate and he will get double digit points simply through dunks or put backs. Like others it's hard to evaluate people individually on our team given the overall limitations and depth cocerns.

He doesn't seem like a natural ball player. However what he does seem like, is someone who would be perfect to play the lone "big" in a small lineup with 4 guards/shooters. Obviously we don't play that way, but surround him with guys who can shoot or penetrate and he will get double digit points simply through dunks or put backs. Like others it's hard to evaluate people individually on our team given the overall limitations and depth cocerns.

To me hes roberson lite - which isnt a good thing. Marek is the better garbage man to me and has higher ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom