Moyer | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
and for all the (much deserved) praise he gets for recruiting tidbits - don't think for a minute that Francis hasn't been leading the loud-and-proud anti-JB brigade for at least a couple of years now

It might have something to do with the horrifying fall he took in a game in the Dome back during the 10-11 season. He drove to the hoop, got knocked off balance, and as he hit the ground his head snapped back and smashed the floor. I think he was diagnosed with a concussion. He missed one game (an L if I recall correctly) and was back playing one week later.

This situation also makes the Geno Thorpe departure less inexplicable. I can easily see him figuring he was not being given a chance to heal up properly and show what he could so healthy, so he decided to bounce.
Please. Are you suggesting JB cleared Joseph to play and shoved him back on the court when he should have been sitting?

As for Thorpe, you seem a bit confused. He wasn't playing because he didn't appear healthy and effective to JB in practice and in games. Had Thorpe been more patient, he would have seen plenty of minutes for this team, just not starter's minutes.

cuz that's what you got, obviously

Dude, what's gotten into you lately? If you don't think I'm objective about JB and the team, I don't know what to tell you.

I watch the team, JB included, with a critical eye.. If you don't like my posts, his the ignore button.

and for all the (much deserved) praise he gets for recruiting tidbits - don't think for a minute that Francis hasn't been leading the loud-and-proud anti-JB brigade for at least a couple of years now

Francis is very objective about JB. He showers him with praise when warranted and rips him when that's called for.

Some people are justifiably sick of all the drama and just want to watch us play an entertaining brand of basketball.

lol OK.
If you don't think the crap you, Francis, others spew on social media hurts the program I don't know what to tell you

I'll take the high road about what you wrote above.

My only hope is that JB's actions don't hurt the program. It's his program. He built it. I hope he doesn't tear down his own creation.

My only hope is that JB's actions don't hurt the program. It's his program. He built it. I hope he doesn't tear down his own creation.
you can't claim to be tired of the drama & at the same time ridiculously over-dramatize this episode

Francis is very objective about JB. He showers him with praise when warranted and rips him when that's called for.

Some people are justifiably sick of all the drama and just want to watch us play an entertaining brand of basketball.
Who is this Francis you guys speak of and this podcast?

That Francis podcast should be must listen for everyone who posted in the Jeremy thread locked up.

I just finished the entire thing.

Shame.

Roberson helped build his own doghouse.

Yeah... not knowing how to dribble, pass, catch, and/or shoot a basketball as a senior earns some criticism from your coach.

you can't claim to be tired of the drama & at the same time ridiculously over-dramatize this episode
You didn’t listen to Francis podcast.
What he said factually was terrible.
Since it’s Francis paid content I won’t say it but the non opinion stuff is terrible for JB.

We can debate how impactful this is, but it has to be viewed in the prism of how JB has acted in similar situations in the past. The difference here is that Hop is not around to play mediator so situations like this can snowball.

JB looks bad here. He is the face of our program. When he looks bad, the program looks bad. When the program looks bad, it has an impact in a variety of ways.

Do you know the facts here or did you only watch the presser?

You didn’t listen to Francis podcast.
What he said factually was terrible.
Since it’s Francis paid content I won’t say it but the non opinion stuff is terrible for JB.

Exactly. I tried to dance around the podcast stuff.

We can debate how impactful this is, but it has to be viewed in the prism of how JB has acted in similar situations in the past. The difference here is that Hop is not around to play mediator so situations like this can snowball.

JB looks bad here. He is the face of our program. When he looks bad, the program looks bad. When the program looks bad, it has an impact in a variety of ways.

for anyone not pushing an agenda, it's water over the dam

down on west 5th . dudes burned it down after i left sometime late 80's.

Was there many times. My roommate and several of my friends were in that Frat. Think it was burned down in 1992. He told me when it burned it fell over onto Omicron's house. What a shame.

Even backing up from what was going on behind the scenes, the presser alone armed every coach going into the homes of the kids we are recruiting. He questioned a kid's heart, called out his parents and, as they will position it, put a kid's future in jeopardy.

He just gave every recruiter a sound bite to absolutely nail us because he couldn't bite his tongue for an issue he absolutely cannot win on.

All things considered he has a puncher's chance at a double bye, with this limited team. And kids are still showing up here to play.

I find it funny that people talk about him chasing off kids who he's given a massive green light to showcase their skills, as opposed to being system guys somewhere else.

We're going to miss him, greatly, when he's gone.

All things considered he has a puncher's chance at a double bye, with this limited team. And kids are still showing up here to play.

I find it funny that people talk about him chasing off kids who he's given a massive green light to showcase their skills, as opposed to being system guys somewhere else.

We're going to miss him, greatly, when he's gone.

Not sure about the double bye chances but I guess it's a possibility. Other than that, I agree with the tenor of your post. I would just say that players leave for a variety of reasons. That said, his track record at getting kids to the NBA and other pro ball speaks for itself.

I would also say that JB is a legend. He's built this program. He is Syracuse basketball. He's not going to change now. He will be himself no matter what. A lot of him being himself is for the better, some of it is for the worse.

So what, now I gotta pay a fee to hear why you guys hate JB?

How does some podcast have such damning “facts” that no one else has printed?

I truly want to understand the hysteria...
They have a dossier on JB that can't be allowed to be viewed by the general public because it's so incendiary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom