MPB and Walls in trouble | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MPB and Walls in trouble

Happened on the weekend...wanna bet liquor and/or weed was in their systems? :bang:

Pierce-Brewster, a junior defensive end for the Orange, allegedly acted as a "lookout" while Walls entered an unlocked apartment on Winding Ridge Road around 1:15 p.m., according to court papers.

1:15pm!!!!!

If he hasn't done so already, Shafer needs to have a team meeting and read the riot act to the team. Getting drunk happens... can get a first-time pass on that and trouble it may lead to...but stealing (and other crimes) from fellow students, if true, should get them canned and the team members need to be 100% aware of that.
Shouldn't this just be understood? I'm baffled by someone "needing" to hold a meeting and read the riot act to players about the perils of drugs/alcohol/theft, etc. Should he also inform them that it's not appropriate to sleep with a girl against her will, nor murder anyone, because the team may have to can them?

There apparently is SU DPS surveillance video showing MPB waiting outside while Walls enters the unlocked apartment, then helps to put the stuff in a car that MPB is shown driving. There is additional video showing them returning home shortly thereafter and moving the stuff into their apartment.

Link
Lesson to everyone. You are being watched.
6a00d8341bf82953ef01538e021cb1970b-pi

Bye bye s and good riddance. Neither one is a loss at all. First of all when you're that stupid it's addition by subtraction. Secondly on the football field MPB had 35 tackles and 1 sack. Count them - 1 sack. He was barely noticeable most games. We'll be just fine with the alternatives; Micah Robinson, Welsh, Simmsons or Manley and Trejo should be here in the fall.

Shouldn't this just be understood? I'm baffled by someone "needing" to hold a meeting and read the riot act to players about the perils of drugs/alcohol/theft, etc. Should he also inform them that it's not appropriate to sleep with a girl against her will, nor murder anyone, because the team may have to can them?
One would think it should be understood that they should not do these things. Some of those things are probably more understood than others though. Apparently stealing, while maybe not rampant, seems to be somewhat common. So yeah, I think it's worth it to do periodic lectures on these activities in general (no need to go one by one). It's not just about what they are doing...but of the various consequences of their actions including getting kicked out of school. However, that may be the least of their consequences.

1:15pm!!!!!

"Both players are accused of stealing a flat screen television, an XBOX gaming system, two iPods and XBOX games while students were asleep inside the apartments, police said. "

How were those kids still sleeping. Heck at that age I could have been partying all night and been awake by 1:15.

This is just sad for the program certinly seems like they were caught red handed

"Both players are accused of stealing a flat screen television, an XBOX gaming system, two iPods and XBOX games while students were asleep inside the apartments, police said. "

How were those kids still sleeping. Heck at that age I could have been partying all night and been awake by 1:15.

Maybe this is why the student section for noon starts sucks.

One would think it should be understood that they should not do these things. Some of those things are probably more understood than others though. Apparently stealing, while maybe not rampant, seems to be somewhat common. So yeah, I think it's worth it to do periodic lectures on these activities in general (no need to go one by one). It's not just about what they are doing...but of the various consequences of their actions including getting kicked out of school. However, that may be the least of their consequences.
I'll agree to disagree that a meeting needs to be held. This isn't a rampant issue at the school. Seems like it'd be a big waste of time, because you expect these individuals to act as young adults. I'll tell you.. I played D3 football and if I ever was summoned to a meeting like this, I would have either skipped it, or would have been completely irate at the thought of attending. Why should these individuals "need" to hear this from a coach, when all other students are burdened with the same expectation? Maybe they could turn this idea into another 100 level course offering for freshman students... I'm sure it'd be laden with athletes in order to keep their GPA's up.

Bye bye s and good riddance. Neither one is a loss at all. First of all when you're that stupid it's addition by subtraction. Secondly on the football field MPB had 35 tackles and 1 sack. Count them - 1 sack. He was barely noticeable most games. We'll be just fine with the alternatives; Micah Robinson, Welsh, Simmsons or Manley and Trejo should be here in the fall.
I wonder if it was Welsh's camera-he just got himself some serious playing time :0

See, our lack of investment in football facilities comes back to bite us. Where is the players' lounge with all the aforementioned bling???

Do I need to say ;)

I'm in the innocent until proven guilty camp, but this just goes to show how attrition can happen when we look at the fishes and loaves posts and scholly numbers.

Maybe this is why the student section for noon starts sucks.

See, our lack of investment in football facilities comes back to bite us. Where is the players' lounge with all the aforementioned bling???

Do I need to say ;)

I thought it but wasn't going to say it.:)

Happened on the weekend...wanna bet liquor and/or weed was in their systems? :bang:

Edit: or maybe not...it looks like they did it while the basketball game was on...Stupid MF'ers.

That's what I was thinking (that it was during the basketball game, so it's a little less likely that they were altered and a little more likely that this was premeditated).

Funny - I bumped into Markus the day before this happened. It's rare enough to see athletes in my neighborhood (they spend so much of their time on South/Campus/Marshall Street) that it stuck with me. Wonder what he was up to.

Therein lies our student attendance problem at football and basketball games...

HCSS's response was entirely appropriate, but it doesn't look good for these 2 dopes. The stupidity behind a stunt like this is unbelievable. They are throwing away a free ride to a major university, not to mention their entire football careers, and for what?- a few hundred dollars worth of electronics. Not to mention possible jail time and going through the rest of their lives with a felony conviction on their records.

Worse yet -- it would be several hundreds of dollars to buy these items, but when sold as stolen goods at a pawn shop, they walked away with less than $100 each.

I'm in the innocent until proven guilty camp, but this just goes to show how attrition can happen when we look at the fishes and loaves posts and scholly numbers.

Couldn't agree more on the fishes/loaves part. No way to plan for this stuff, necessarily, but you know it will happen. As for teh innocent until proven guilty, eh, I'm fine with however people approach it. If you're on the jury, then yes, listen to the facts and make sure the crime is proven to have taken place beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you're on a message board, it's not really that crazy to take a look at what goes on with a lot of these guys and say, "eh, i'm pretty sure they're guilty." public opinion and the judicial systems are entirely different entities and the rules differ for each.

Ha. When I first saw the thread I thought "too early to point out the 1.0 sacks stat?"

I wonder when we'll hear how paying the players would prevent things like this.

Very true. Crazy stuff happens every offseason that render the numbers meaningless.