Multiple Kick times announced | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Multiple Kick times announced

Sure, but people that go to Subway don't like good subs. That's why they go to Subway.
Or they're traveling and they convince the wife that the Subway attached to the Interstate Truckstop will save them 30 mins.

Wife: FINE!

No, it's Fine!

There’s nothing better than a 3:30 kick or the 7pm kick

The crowd is so much more into it, it’s more exciting, the pageantry of college sports is better.

If you like a noon kick you actually don’t love the college football atmosphere.

A noon game means a 9am quad walk basically for the team, that sucks.

Which brings up another point, Coach Fran wants y’all there as early as possible to make this quad walk a spectacle. A noon game does not allow for that

Have multiple people coming from out of town for my once a season tailgate ( Lot of people from ESM circa class of 78- 82) and of course I got fing nooner … Ga Tech
I think it almost clockwork...sto's annual tailgate--->noon kick

My UNLV source just said our game was being considered by CBS. I took it to mean CBS Sports and not the main channel.

I'm mystified now. This is obviously one of the premier MWC OOC games.

Ah must be CBS-5 then. Nothing released as of yet regarding 10/4 for them.

Interesting.

I would assume with games televised on ACCNX, the decision on the kickoff time is made by the home school. That is how things always were in the days when games were not televised.

If that is the case and SUAD decided it would be good to play Holy Cross at noon, that is really unfortunate.

Surely they know how unpopular noon kickoffs are with Syracuse fans. I would go with a 1:30 pm kickoff for ACCNX home games. That gives fans plenty of time to get to campus, tailgate, and plenty of time to get back home afterwards.

Back in the olden days when college football was played for the fans that attended the games, 1:30 pm kickoff times were standard in Syracuse. And it was great.
Amen.

Exactly. To be fair, a lot of fanbases aren't excited about the early kickoffs except here in the Central time zone, we're talking about 11 am instead of noon kickoffs.
There are fans that have every right to complain. 10am and 11am starts in midwest must suuuuuck. As do late prime games on the west coast -- I have family who are Oregon State grads, and they've had to endure 8pm starts out there, which is dreadful when you live 2+ hours from the stadium.

Probably an outlier here, but living on the West Coast noon games are great because you don’t have to wait all day for the game. You get up do a few things and the game is on. And you’ve got a whole whole day to watch other games or do other stuff.
Truth is, I usually record the game and start watching it without all the nauseating commercials about two hours into the game. Of course I have to impose a sports news blackout so I don’t get any scores till I start watching. Which means I have to turn my phone off.
But it’s a great feeling to have a Syracuse game recorded and knowing I can watch it with great control.
Yup, living in the mountain time zone, noon eastern kickoffs are great.

I’ve realized I really don’t have a preferred time. People seem to hate nooners but I kinda like getting it over with
Gives me time to rake leaves afterwards.

Just kidding. Only sububurbanite conformists that care about appearance but not biodiversity and soil health do that.

Angry Scream GIF by avariksaga

Gives me time to rake leaves afterwards.

Just kidding. Only sububurbanite conformists that care about appearance but not biodiversity and soil health do that.

Angry Scream GIF by avariksaga
Soil health is a big issue in my book. It's off-thread, so PM if you don't mind. I'm concerned about developers removing and selling off topsoil. They create huge mounds of it on development sites and sprinkle a few cubic yards on lots so grass will grow. Why would the (NY) DEC allow this?

So looking like a 3:30 Vegas time kick?

I’m not very good at this

If CBS picks up the game, it will have to be a 7:00 p.m. (Eastern) kickoff.

Maybe we're the 10:30 p.m. game on FS1?

Exactly. Noon works great for me. Drive up the day before, dinner at Francesca's, leisurely breakfast, grab a burger on the quad (assuming they still do that), watch the game and home before it's too late.
I’m 4 hours away so my decision is awake at 6:30am go to game and home again at 9:30 pm. At 80 two years of this and then I will cheer from home

7:00 would be ideal. I assume we are talking Vegas time for that? Otherwise, not as ideal. Eh I guess 4pm would not be bad if ET.

Ohio 3:30

GA tech - Noon

Stanford 7:30 Fri Night

Holy Cross - Noon

at Pitt 7:30 Thursday Night game - 10/24]

Two nooners is a tailgate buzzkill. ACC should have made the Holy Cross game late, its online only anyway.
They don’t complain about tailgating at 9am in B1G country.

;)

My thought being if it IS moved to Friday, it would have to be CBS-5

Since when does CBS show college football games on Friday night?

You think they'll take off SWAT, Fire Country, and Blue Bloods?

CBS Sports Network

Tmark was assuming it would go there