Multiple Kick times announced | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Multiple Kick times announced

CBSSN has Jacksonville St at Kennesaw St scheduled for Fri Oct 4 at 7 p.m.

Unless our game gets a 10:30 p.m. (Eastern) kickoff in Vegas on Friday.

Great for the people in Vegas.

Way past my bedtime.
Ugh. That would be just awful. How the hell could the players even be prepaed to play at that hour. Circadium rythem and all. Would be brutally bad.

CBSSN has Jacksonville St at Kennesaw St scheduled for Fri Oct 4 at 7 p.m.

Unless our game gets a 10:30 p.m. (Eastern) kickoff in Vegas on Friday.

Great for the people in Vegas.

Way past my bedtime.

Yes but he was thinking that BEFORE that game was announced.

He was told that CBS was sniffing around our game, he assumed it was CBS Sports looking to put it on and at that time that Jackson St game hadn’t been announced.

It’s not been announced so we are a Saturday game in Vegas

I don’t really care about the date I just wish we knew so I could make dinner reservations on the other day we are in town

Yes but he was thinking that BEFORE that game was announced.

He was told that CBS was sniffing around our game, he assumed it was CBS Sports looking to put it on and at that time that Jackson St game hadn’t been announced.

It’s not been announced so we are a Saturday game in Vegas

My guess is CBS(5) was sniffing around and will keep this a Saturday game (like Wyoming/TexasTech last year)

Just need a decision here networks!

We can hope. But they will need to annouce it soon.
Dates, kickoffs and networks for UNLV football have been announced for the following games:
  • Aug. 31 - Saturday at Houston 4 pm PT FS1
  • Sept. 7 - Saturday UTAH TECH (TBA)
  • Sept. 13 - Friday at Kansas 4 pm PT ESPN (In Kansas City, Kansas)
  • Sept. 28 - Saturday FRESNO STATE* 12:30 pm PT FS1
  • Oct. 5 - Saturday SYRACUSE (TBA)
  • Oct. 11 - Friday at Utah State* 6 pm PT CBSSN
  • Oct. 19 - Saturday at Oregon State 12:30 or 7:00 pm The CW
  • Oct. 25 - Friday BOISE STATE* 7:30 pm PT CBSSN
  • Nov. 9 - Saturday at Hawai'i* 6 pm PT CBSSN
  • Nov. 16 - Saturday SAN DIEGO STATE* 7:30 pm PT CBSSN
  • Nov. 22 - Friday at San Jose State* TBA FS1
  • Nov. 30 - Saturday Nevada* 5 pm PT CBSSN

I completely disagree with you on this.

And why do you think fans with kids prefer a noon kickoff? Why is a noon kickoff more friendly for fans who travel to games or bring with children with them? I find the people who are most vehement against noon kickoffs are people traveling to games from places like Utica, Binghamton, Rochester and Watertown. There isn't sufficient time to tailgate for nooner for local fans, forget about people who have to drive an hour or two (or more) to home games.

My experience is that kids aren't great about getting up really early on weekends to do anything.

I have talked to hundreds of Syracuse fans on this subject. Maybe thousands. Not sure I have ever found one that preferred noon kickoffs. The most common complaint I hear about SU football scheduling is the prevalence of noon kickoffs.

I think SUAD is really out of touch if they think this is what fans want.

I like 1:30 pm because the game will end around 4:30 pm and even if you are travelling from an hour or two away, you generally have enough time to get home at a reasonable hour. You probably have a couple hours of sunlight to drive home in.

I could be wrong on this. Maybe I hang out with a strange cross section of fans and maybe for some reason I gravitate to the only Syracuse fans out there that hate noon kickoffs and yearn for kickoffs at 1:30 pm (or even later).

I invite everyone who goes to Syracuse football games to weigh in on this.

Especially fans who travel to the games or bring kids to the games. Do you prefer noon kickoffs? I don't think it is possible to do a poll in the middle of a thread or I would.

Please respond with your situation: do you travel to home games (defined as more than a 30 minute drive), with kids or without, and do you prefer noon kickoffs (yes or no)?

For me, it would be no, no, and no. I.e. I do not travel, I do not normally come with kids and I do not prefer noon kickoffs.
Noon games are...meh. Regarding kids: a noon game will conflict with the youth soccer or football games. I used to get pretty perturbed when my daughters had 11 am soccer and the football game was at noon. Factoring out kids, I don't mind picking up pizza and wings on the way home to settle in and watch the 3:30 pm and later games.

I think the 3:30 kickoffs are the best overall. Gives time to do what you have to do in the morning, still get to the Hill to pregame adequately, and home by 7:30ish with the evening ahead of you.

So, overall, thumbs about 3/4 of the way down for noon games.

A noon kickoff is the absolute worst

I have a kid and this now requires me to get a hotel.

With this being parents weekend it’s incredibly hard to find.

Also means we have to be there by 8am for the tailgate.

Noon is right in his nap time.

Noon is the absolute worst time. With it being a streaming game I’m 90% sure Syracuse can pick the start time. Very poor decision to start this game at noon IF they had the option
You buried the lead here - the real impressive story is that you bring your napping-age kid to an 8 am tailgate. Raising him right.

Our goal by kindergarten for him is grilling coneys
Yup. Here is the whole schedule...

Second grade: Take over running the margarita machine.

Fourth grade: run the 50-50 raffle (he will of course make it electronic)

Sixth grade: graduate from bar tending school so he can make (among other things) zombies, mai tais, sazerac and bloody marys.

Eight grade: run the deep fryer. Don't worry, we aren't stupid. We will start with french fries and onion rings before moving on to turkey.

Tenth grade: we figure he will be done with the tailgate. He have a full blown mustache and will be running his own brewery in Armory Square, seriously involved with two cheerleaders.

Sixth grade: graduate from bar tending school so he can make (among other things) zombies, mai tais, sazerac and bloody marys.

Eight grade: run the deep fryer. Don't worry, we aren't stupid. We will start with french fries and onion rings before moving on to turkey.

Tenth grade: we figure he will be done with the tailgate. He have a full blown mustache and will be running his own brewery in Armory Square, seriously involved with two cheerleaders.

Boy, a dad can dream can’t he?!

Right now he’s in his Rumble Ponies Era

Come September tho…..

FWIW, it's not implausible that Brown wanted a noon kick for HC. We have to travel to UNLV the next weekend, and he may want the HC game to be on as "normal" a schedule as possible for his players.

I imagine coaches love noon kickoffs. Players have an early curfew in the team hotel the night before, then it's wake up and getting right into the game day process. No sitting around for hours doing nothing.

I think Pasqualoni said that at one point. Noon games were much easier because the players didn't have to sit around all day thinking about the game. Early to bed, early to wake up and go through the routine.

Now that I'm older and these kids of mine (or the mailman) always have activities, so nothing is ever perfect. I watch live when I can, watch on replay when I can't.

When I attend the one game per year, it can be a bit of let down when it's at noon after a Friday night catching up with the group, but we always rally and make it work. I personally always thought 3:30 was perfect. But even TV now prefers Noon or prime time.

So SU needs to get a 4th grader hired so they can finally get a 50/50 working at the Dome?
I am referring to the 50-50 for the tailgate.

His implementation of an electronic solution for the 50-50 for the dome is scheduled for twelfth grade.

I think he can do it sooner but child protective services disagrees. Strongly.

If that is the case and SUAD decided it would be good to play Holy Cross at noon, that is really unfortunate.
With their track record I can't give the SUAD the benefit of the doubt.

I have to get to this tailgate, pronto.

Based off their 2023 start times, safe to assume kickoff will be mid afternoon West Coast time.

Game would end Saturday evening around 8 or 9 Vegas time and you can pop right over to airport to fly out if you want

I am referring to the 50-50 for the tailgate.

His implementation of an electronic solution for the 50-50 for the dome is scheduled for twelfth grade.

I think he can do it sooner but child protective services disagrees. Strongly.
Ready to hand it over to a qualified second grader if I can find one! Getting too old for hawking tickets throughtout the parking lot and yelling at the top of my lungs!

And some Fine Mess 50-50 trivia. Since it's inception, our little 50-50 has taken in over $42,000, hald of which has purchased world class tailgate equipment and supported locak charities!

I wonder if Holy Cross is busing home after the game and requested an early start time?
I would say that this is a valid request, if Worcester wasn't a 3:45 drive from Syracuse... If we were playing the Presbyterian Blue Hose I would understand