MVPs vs. Pitt - Pick 3 | Syracusefan.com

MVPs vs. Pitt - Pick 3

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
I’m starting a new Syracusefan tradition. I wanted to do this at the season but didn’t. I’ll do for the whole season next year.

After each win, pick the three SU players that were MVPs of the game. List them in order of importance to the win, i.e. first, second, third.

I’ll assign five points for the player that tallies the most first place votes, three for the player that tallies the most second place votes, and one point for the player that tallies the most third place votes. I’ll keep a running tally and at the end of the season we’ll see whose garnered the most MVP points. Points can be garnered for the previous game until tip-off of the next one.

So to kick it off, here are my MVPs for tonight’s game vs. Pitt

Boeheim (1)
Chukwu (2)
Hughes (3)

Here’s the running total of tallied points so far. (Started vs. Louisville, missed the Wake Forest win.)

1. Oshae Brissett (40)
2. Marek Dolezaj (34)
3. Buddy Boeheim (10)
4. Elijah Hughes (5)
5. Tyus Battle (1)

Buddy
Frank
PC

Hughes was great, but Frank played very well. Couple of forced shots but he had some nice set ups. Very surprised he only had 2 assists. He played well.

Very tough call.

1. Chukwu
2. Hughes
3. Howard

HM to Buddy and Carey (provided a huge shift in momentum when we really needed it, IMO)

Everyone was good in the 2nd half. OB wasn’t great but he didn’t have to be

70pts vs a tough defensive team without Tyus. Great win

My 3 stars of the game.
Third star- Buddy Boeheimhis offense was clutch city and he played well on defense.
Second star- Pascal Chukwu. He was brutal in the first half but it clicked at halftime. He was Mutombo defensively His presence intimidated Pitt guards and he altered a ton of shots. Plus he picked up scraps on offense and was outstanding.
First star- Frank Howard. Howard is why we turned the offense on in the second half. He got by his defender. He was a true PG moving the ball to others to score and he made clutch shots himself.
Frank was the MVP of this game.

My real vote would probably be the same as the OP, but I'll cast a symbolic single vote for Frank.

He deserves it not only on merit, but based on the flak he's taken for his struggles this year.

My real vote would probably be the same as the OP, but I'll cast a symbolic single vote for Frank.

He deserves it not only on merit, but based on the flak he's taken for his struggles this year.

Would add to this that it's not only about offense -- I thought Frank played a huge part in taking Frame out of the picture in the 2nd half.

1) Hughes (kept them close in first half)
2) Chukwu (channeled Bill Russell in second half)
3) Boeheim (outstanding all around game)

Sorry, Frank. You were great, too, but someone had to be left out. Nice job by Carey in first half helping to close the gap; reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

Thanks for the votes so far. I’ll accept any more until our tip off tonight.

I always liked the 3 stars thing from hockey, and cool to do for Bball. Given I fell asleep in the second half, will base it on the stats and first half observations.

1 - Buddy
2 - Hughes
3 - Frank

HM to Chukwu for stiff arming the guy early and dunking. Total foul, but probably the first time I ever saw him try so hard to score!

1 - Buddy
2 - Chuky
3a - Hughes (receives the one official vote)
3b - Howard (receives vote of confidence)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom