My Clemson Experience | Syracusefan.com

My Clemson Experience

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
Had this game circled on the schedule for quite sometime (as many of us did) and wanted to make the trip up. Not only was it Clemson, but it was my first newly-renovated Dome experience. Living in Connecticut, getting to games isn't as easy as it used to be.

I had to work remotely Friday, so I woke up in Connecticut around 3:30 a.m and hit the road at 4. Got into Syracuse shortly after 8, clocked in and worked the day away. Fast forward to 4ish, I hit up some spots ahead of the game. The rain made it impossible to be outside, so we started at Faegan's and immediately felt like it was a Cuse gameday. Beers flowing, Cuse and Clemson fans packed the bar. Hit up Orange Crate right across the street shortly after for about 45 minutes or so. Ended up meeting with the family as well, including my 94-year-old grandmother who has been attending games for years. Good food and great company before heading into the Dome.

Went to grab some beverages before heading to the seats and I could immediately tell the difference in the atmosphere. The lights are phenomenal. The only time I thought they were too bright as some have said here is if I directly looked up at the banners (I was in section 119). Other than that, no issues watching the action. The scoreboard is beautiful. I love that you can see statistics underneath and in the middle of the scoreboard. Finding down/distance was tricky compared to the size of the video being shown, but you don't have to search the entire Dome for those stats anymore. The light show I don't need to go into detail with, everything was fantastic.

Game action - obviously cheering loud the entire time. Dome was rocking a majority of the game. My only complaint was being in the last row of 119 (nobody behind me besides the wall with suites right above us). I'd stand on the bleachers and without hesitation I was told to sit down. The first time, fine no problem. The second time was late in the 4th and I told the usher that it's a huge point in the game and the team needs us to be loud and excited. I got down as I didn't want to create a massive problem (even if it wasn't) but I digress.

In the moment, I was fine with the field goal. As time passed, I wish we went for the short yards. At the end of the day, it was a great game against a team with 4 and 5 star athletes that we came down to the wire against.

Plan is to get back to possibly one last football game and get up there for some big hoops games.

LGO

Lol standing on the bleachers presents a falling danger. I sit in the front row of 112/113. There's been plenty of times, someone stands on the bleachers to try to flag down their party or friends and the staff on the field immediately starts calling to the ushers, etc. Standing in front of the bench I don't think would have caused you any issues. Glad you enjoyed the game. BTW rain did not make it impossible to be outside. I grilled burgers and sausages up at skytop! Canopy was required, I will say that.

Lol standing on the bleachers presents a falling danger. I sit in the front row of 112/113. There's been plenty of times, someone stands on the bleachers to try to flag down their party or friends and the staff on the field immediately starts calling to the ushers, etc. Standing in front of the bench I don't think would have caused you any issues. Glad you enjoyed the game. BTW rain did not make it impossible to be outside. I grilled burgers and sausages up at skytop! Canopy was required, I will say that.

Thankfully I had my magnetic nike shoes on ;)

There was a guy in my section who tried to walk the bleachers so he could get another beer. Didn’t end so well

4657FB43-8A62-4A19-9512-0EB3A0D2E1B8.png

Last edited:
Had this game circled on the schedule for quite sometime (as many of us did) and wanted to make the trip up. Not only was it Clemson, but it was my first newly-renovated Dome experience. Living in Connecticut, getting to games isn't as easy as it used to be.

I had to work remotely Friday, so I woke up in Connecticut around 3:30 a.m and hit the road at 4. Got into Syracuse shortly after 8, clocked in and worked the day away. Fast forward to 4ish, I hit up some spots ahead of the game. The rain made it impossible to be outside, so we started at Faegan's and immediately felt like it was a Cuse gameday. Beers flowing, Cuse and Clemson fans packed the bar. Hit up Orange Crate right across the street shortly after for about 45 minutes or so. Ended up meeting with the family as well, including my 94-year-old grandmother who has been attending games for years. Good food and great company before heading into the Dome.

Went to grab some beverages before heading to the seats and I could immediately tell the difference in the atmosphere. The lights are phenomenal. The only time I thought they were too bright as some have said here is if I directly looked up at the banners (I was in section 119). Other than that, no issues watching the action. The scoreboard is beautiful. I love that you can see statistics underneath and in the middle of the scoreboard. Finding down/distance was tricky compared to the size of the video being shown, but you don't have to search the entire Dome for those stats anymore. The light show I don't need to go into detail with, everything was fantastic.

Game action - obviously cheering loud the entire time. Dome was rocking a majority of the game. My only complaint was being in the last row of 119 (nobody behind me besides the wall with suites right above us). I'd stand on the bleachers and without hesitation I was told to sit down. The first time, fine no problem. The second time was late in the 4th and I told the usher that it's a huge point in the game and the team needs us to be loud and excited. I got down as I didn't want to create a massive problem (even if it wasn't) but I digress.

In the moment, I was fine with the field goal. As time passed, I wish we went for the short yards. At the end of the day, it was a great game against a team with 4 and 5 star athletes that we came down to the wire against.

Plan is to get back to possibly one last football game and get up there for some big hoops games.

LGO
Circle the Yukon date in '22...and don't tell me you'll be at the Elton John Concert.

Circle the Yukon date in '22...and don't tell me you'll be at the Elton John Concert.

Don't worry, it's circled. I'll be waiting for the tailgate thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom