Class of 2017 - My friends son plays for Neumann-Goretti | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 My friends son plays for Neumann-Goretti

Every single one of those guys would have been in the league in that amount of time no matter what school they went to.

Quite possible but their level of exposure and the borderline NBA level practices they are going through on a daily practice are preparing them in a way unlike pretty much anywhere else. No other school is really in the conversation.

I would agree that Cal cheats in recruiting more than most, but I don't see Cal is a bad person because of it, he's relentless and most coaches dislike him for a lot of his practices but his angle now is just I will get you to the league in 2 years, which is fine and most kids don't want to stay anyway
He only went to that because his BS failed and a couple of "can't miss" kids missed (Harrisons). The dude is a politician, he spins everything.

Quite possible but their level of exposure and the borderline NBA level practices they are going through on a daily practice are preparing them in a way unlike pretty much anywhere else. No other school is really in the conversation.
That is a good argument, one that I would use if I were trying to recruit top ten players when the cupboard is full.

young and duval are their top 2 pg prospects...with young getting the most love...I think it's going to be awhile before they show love to green unless he really blows up

Quade always wanted to go to SU. Ever since he was young Syracuse has always been his favorite school. But the thing about Quade is he truly believes that he is the best and he wants the best. I believe Quade's main goal is to one day take care of his mother. If I remember correctly Quade is not really from Philly but he grew up close and his goal is to get his mother out of there. He probably feels like Kentucky is the school that could possibly get him to the NBA knowing their track record. Plus now that he's playing with Team Scan this summer with Bamba anything can happen in my opinion. Could Munch work out a package deal for Kentucky to take Bamba and Quade? Just a thought

Last edited:
Kentucky will over recruit Green.

I have no doubt.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Jake: Does the upcoming visit from Diallo, who might reclassify, and KJ not seeing mop up duty signal an open scholarship coming and a late recruit being added?

It seems to indicate that,but nothing that I can confirm.

Possibly. Though if I was an elite PG or my kid was, that's obviously the ideal place to go. Besides the one Harrison twin, I can't really remember the last Elite PG that he recruited that wasn't in the league within a year or 2.
search.jpg

Every single one of those guys would have been in the league in that amount of time no matter what school they went to.
Exactly ... great point that is totally lost on many fans and recruits. It's a myth propagated by ESPN ... which has a vested interest in humping Ky's leg every chance it gets.

The NBA literally scours the earth for talent. If they can find guys from Latvia who play in Spain, obviously they could care less whether a prospect plays for pay pal or V-tech.

Exactly ... great point that is totally lost on many fans and recruits. It's a myth propagated by ESPN ... which has a vested interest in humping Ky's leg every chance it gets.

And that is the real differentiator... any kid choosing between UK and just about anywhere else knows that he is likely to get more exposure of every kind playing for UK because they are ESPN's bi4tch.

And that is the real differentiator... any kid choosing between UK and just about anywhere else knows that he is likely to get more exposure of every kind playing for UK because they are ESPN's bi4tch.
And that's true .. Ky is stupendously over-hyped. But these days with all the cable sports exposure, any major college bb player will be identified, scouted and (if he's got talent) drafted or signed. NBA scouts find talent ... wherever it is. Exposure is for fans. For NBA scouts, whether a player's at Ky versus another P5 school -- or even a MM -- it doesn't matter.

signed,

Gordon Hayward
Shelvin Mack

At least the rest of the SEC is actually trying in Basketball now. That alone should knock UK down a peg.

reedny said:
And that's true .. Ky is stupendously over-hyped. But these days with all the cable sports exposure, any major college bb player will be identified, scouted and (if he's got talent) drafted or signed. NBA scouts find talent ... wherever it is. Exposure is for fans. For NBA scouts, whether a player's at Ky versus another P5 school -- or even a MM -- it doesn't matter. signed, Gordon Hayward Shelvin Mack

You aren't wrong, but if Malachi was playing this well in a Kentucky uniform this year he would be a consensus first rounder. As it is, in a Syracuse uniform, he's projected to go next year.

You aren't wrong, but if Malachi was playing this well in a Kentucky uniform this year he would be a consensus first rounder. As it is, in a Syracuse uniform, he's projected to go next year.

I dont agree. The Harrison twins played about as well as Richardson as freshman. Richardson just isn't ready. His body isn't ready, and neither is his game.

I dont agree. The Harrison twins played about as well as Richardson as freshman. Richardson just isn't ready. His body isn't ready, and neither is his game.

I agree he isn't ready, but, it has very little impact on whether or not guys jump. See Ennis, Tyler; Grant, Jerami; McCullough, Chris

It seems being projected in the first round is usually enough, hopefully the rule change that allows a player to explore the draft and get feedback will help.

I agree he isn't ready, but, it has very little impact on whether or not guys jump. See Ennis, Tyler; Grant, Jerami; McCullough, Chris

It seems being projected in the first round is usually enough, hopefully the rule change that allows a player to explore the draft and get feedback will help.
It's about being ready at the 2nd contract, not the 1st.

Capt. Tuttle said:
It's about being ready at the 2nd contract, not the 1st.

Again, I totally agree. Doesn't change the fact that guys bounce the second they are projected as first rounders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom