Class of 2017 - My friends son plays for Neumann-Goretti | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 My friends son plays for Neumann-Goretti

They should absolutely bounce as soon as they can. Their draft stock can plunge significantly just by being a year older and not showing enough progress. That being said, I have yet to see Richardson listed as a 1st rounder anywhere.

They should absolutely bounce as soon as they can. Their draft stock can plunge significantly just by being a year older and not showing enough progress. That being said, I have yet to see Richardson listed as a 1st rounder anywhere.
NBADraft.net has him as the 18 pick in 2017. We could have a hell of team next year if Malachi and Lydon both come back.

Dmcnabbrules said:
NBADraft.net has him as the 18 pick in 2017. We could have a hell of team next year if Malachi and Lydon both come back.
I honestly think we would have the pieces to win it all next year if both those guys stay.

I was talking this year. Next year we'll have at least 3 different players in the running for the 1st round if everyone stays.

I was talking this year. Next year we'll have at least 3 different players in the running for the 1st round if everyone stays.
Yeah I was agreeing with you which i why I said the 17 part.

There's never been a player who was projected as a 21-30 pick after his freshman/sophomore year, then had a great soph/junior season and was a Top 10 pick?

And that's true .. Ky is stupendously over-hyped. But these days with all the cable sports exposure, any major college bb player will be identified, scouted and (if he's got talent) drafted or signed. NBA scouts find talent ... wherever it is. Exposure is for fans. For NBA scouts, whether a player's at Ky versus another P5 school -- or even a MM -- it doesn't matter.

signed,

Gordon Hayward
Shelvin Mack
Scouts always find talent.

Signed
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Mo Cheeks
et al

Tall, Smart and can shoot...it's the new NBA and that is whom those close to the program have a genuine worry about possibly exiting...
I'm really curious as to what you define as "those close to the program". 6'8 and being a good, not great, three point shooter doesn't get you drafted in the first round. He hasn't shown the ability to put the ball on the floor or play defense at an elite level. Hopefully he continues to improve and expands his game over the next 8 months and comes back to average 14ppg as a soph, but the kid just isn't NBA material right now.

I'm really curious as to what you define as "those close to the program". 6'8 and being a good, not great, three point shooter doesn't get you drafted in the first round. He hasn't shown the ability to put the ball on the floor or play defense at an elite level. Hopefully he continues to improve and expands his game over the next 8 months and comes back to average 14ppg as a soph, but the kid just isn't NBA material right now.

Agreed, people like to compare him to Parsons but Parsons stayed all 4 years at Florida and took him all 4 of those years to develop better ball skills. Lydon is a real nice player who is going to be a great player for us but right now I can't see any NBA team using a 1st rounder on him. Now ask me again in a year or two and my answer will probably 100% change but right now he is probably a year or two away from realistically being a first rounder.

To sum it up, what is his NBA level skill? Unless you are going to be an all star which obviously are very few and far in between you need an NBA level attribute. Ennis was an NBA level game manager, Grant had NBA level athleticism and rim protecting abilities, McCullough had NBA level athleticism for a guy his size, Lydon doesn't have one yet. I love Lydon, think he is going to help us win a ton of games but I don't see it being a realistic threat that he'll leave after this year.

Agreed, people like to compare him to Parsons but Parsons stayed all 4 years at Florida and took him all 4 of those years to develop better ball skills. Lydon is a real nice player who is going to be a great player for us but right now I can't see any NBA team using a 1st rounder on him. Now ask me again in a year or two and my answer will probably 100% change but right now he is probably a year or two away from realistically being a first rounder.

To sum it up, what is his NBA level skill? Unless you are going to be an all star which obviously are very few and far in between you need an NBA level attribute. Ennis was an NBA level game manager, Grant had NBA level athleticism and rim protecting abilities, McCullough had NBA level athleticism for a guy his size, Lydon doesn't have one yet. I love Lydon, think he is going to help us win a ton of games but I don't see it being a realistic threat that he'll leave after this year.

I don't see NBA teams taking him this year, but Lydon does have NBA level shooting for a 4.

People within the basketball program is who I define. I am not trying to say it's a wise move just that Lydon is the only one people are worried about possibly leaving.

I'm not saying he's going pro this year, because that's just crazy, but I disagree with you here. He's an elite passer and the best shooter we have on the team. He also leads the team in Rebounding %.

Obviously he needs to improve his handle, and bulk up, but he's closer than you think.

I'm not saying he's going pro this year, because that's just crazy, but I disagree with you here. He's an elite passer and the best shooter we have on the team. He also leads the team in Rebounding %.

Obviously he needs to improve his handle, and bulk up, but he's closer than you think.

I agree, I think he's a goner for sure after next year. Imagine he'll have at least 15-20 lbs added to his frame and be the exact stretch 4 that most teams are searching for. There's a reason that Ryan Anderson is about to make $20m a year...well mostly because the cap explosion but 6'9 guys that can stretch the floor and chase around guys of similar stature are an extremely hot commodity in the league right now and there's but a handful of these guys walking on the earth and he's one of them.

Lydon will be an AA next year as a stretch 4, but he will project as an NBA 3. So he may be a tweener unless he demonstrates improved ability to take his defender off the bounce.

People within the basketball program is who I define. I am not trying to say it's a wise move just that Lydon is the only one people are worried about possibly leaving.

Stumpy who are these sources you've heard? People that can competently evaluate basketball talent know that, while a good college shooter, he simply can't dribble past a defender or create his own shot. He's a decent, not great, rebounder, and his passing is good for a guy his size. Unless you're Kyle Korver and can shoot 43% from NBA three, you need to have another elite NBA skill.

Before the next person accuses me of being a Lydon hater, stop. I think he'll be a great sophomore and hope he averages 16 ppg next year. I don't think it's outrageous of me to say there's no way he can play in the NBA next year. People don't realize how more athletic NBA players are, even at 6'8, Lydon's size. And putting on 20 lbs of muscle is a lot easier said than done.

Stumpy who are these sources you've heard? People that can competently evaluate basketball talent know that, while a good college shooter, he simply can't dribble past a defender or create his own shot. He's a decent, not great, rebounder, and his passing is good for a guy his size. Unless you're Kyle Korver and can shoot 43% from NBA three, you need to have another elite NBA skill.

Before the next person accuses me of being a Lydon hater, stop. I think he'll be a great sophomore and hope he averages 16 ppg next year. I don't think it's outrageous of me to say there's no way he can play in the NBA next year. People don't realize how more athletic NBA players are, even at 6'8, Lydon's size. And putting on 20 lbs of muscle is a lot easier said than done.

I agree he's not going pro this year, but he's the 18th ranked freshman according to NBA Draft Express, and he's had a couple of moves going to the basket from the wing more recently against Florida St, Pitt and G Tech. I think he's getting better rapidly. I'm actually more bullish on his NBA prospects than I am Malachi. He has the second most win shares on the team after Gbinije FWIW.

Nobody I made it all up to waste my own time and yours. I will be sure to keep any future dreams and fantasies I conjure up in my mind to myself ;)

Lydon does seemingly shoot 100% from 3 with under 5 seconds left in the first half...

Wonder if he has a chance to break GMAC's record in close games? :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom