My Goodness, this is heartbreaking | Syracusefan.com

My Goodness, this is heartbreaking

I guess this puts things in prospective. This is so fckd up. I'm angry.

Yeah and neither party wants to even have a discussion about guns in America because of the NRA and millions of yahoos that say that over 200 years ago our brillant forefathers gauranteed the unfethered right in the Constitution.
People who do this will find a way to get guns. But this is tragic and cowards like this make me sick. This is a tragedy.

Yeah and neither party wants to even have a discussion about guns in America because of the NRA and millions of yahoos that say that over 200 years ago our brillant forefathers gauranteed the unfethered right in the Constitution.

"Millions of yahoos"? Honestly when you don't show even the slightest bit of respect for other people's opinion, it's really hard to have a "discussion". Plus - this is a tragedy, and your first thought was to politicize it - so **** you.

I have three young children myself, and the thought of this tragedy makes me ill, and call me a nancy, but I am at the verge of tears. If I were to turn to the stairs on Christmas morning and not see one or more of my children flying down them with joy and excitement...I just can't imagine that level of sorrow. My thoughts go out to the families and community. Unimaginable horror.

People who do this will find a way to get guns. But this is tragic and cowards like this make me sick. This is a tragedy.
Sure but if you don't allow people to buy semi automatic and automatic guns the casualties would be a lot less! The amount of lives Guns have taken outnumber the lives saved by then by far!

This happened 5 minutes from my old danbury ct home. I am totally sick to my stomach. I may have friends affected but it is too early to know..

I have three young children myself, and the thought of this tragedy makes me ill, and call me a nancy, but I am at the verge of tears. If I were to turn to the stairs on Christmas morning and not see one or more of my children flying down them with joy and excitement...I just can't imagine that level of sorrow. My thoughts go out to the families and community. Unimaginable horror.
Nothing worse than tragedy's involving kids.

halfmoon wins the politicization award

congrats, I hope you didn't trip over any dead children in your rush to score a petty point

Always the excuse for not having the discussion. Upwards of 30 people are dead, in one incident alone, we'll pay our respects, and then we'll go about our lives acting like nothing happened. When is the right time to have the discussion?
I agree with what you said. Just misread it.

. politicize

A word to refer to a social issue that already has a public interest element, thus, is already political in character, but is used to give a negative implication to someone else wanting to examine the interests at stake.
We shouldn't allow the opposition to politicize this issue.

Shh!

Always the excuse for not having the discussion. Upwards of 30 people are dead, in one incident alone, we'll pay our respects, and then we'll go about our lives acting like nothing happened. When is the right time to have the discussion?
I get sick of people always telling me "did you stock up on your guns and ammo" crowd I have recently heard. Sorry

"Millions of yahoos"? Honestly when you don't show even the slightest bit of respect for other people's opinion, it's really hard to have a "discussion". Plus - this is a tragedy, and your first thought was to politicize it - so **** you.

This is what's unfortunate.

There's nothing political about what he said. And there shouldn't be. One should be able to talk about the ills in society without falling back on the "my team vs. your team" thing.

Funny how you never hear of mass shootings in Texas. I wonder why that might be?

Don't blame the tools for the demonic handywork, blame the demon.

This is just the worst, but what is to stop anyone from indulging a homicidal/suicidal psychoses rampage if someone comes to a judgement that is their best course of action?

Not knowing the case I am going to speculate that gunman at one time took SSRIs (Prozac,Paxil,Lexapro...) Small common thread in virtually all mass shootings no one talks about. Those are the tools of the demon just as much.

27 dead, 18 of them children. As a parent of an elementary school student, my heart goes out to the parents especially.

Dude...its not the right time...no one's listening. Ever heard of TOO FRICKEN SOON????? :bang:

Dude...its not the right time...no one's listening. Ever heard of TOO FRICKEN SOON????? :bang:
It's not, but unavoidable. Even the police spokesman was talking about it on CNN.

I have three young children myself, and the thought of this tragedy makes me ill, and call me a nancy, but I am at the verge of tears. If I were to turn to the stairs on Christmas morning and not see one or more of my children flying down them with joy and excitement...I just can't imagine that level of sorrow. My Certhoughts go out to the families and community. Unimaginable horror.
Certainly not a Nancy. I feel physically ill.

The sad reality is nothing will ever change because it's all about money! The NRA is way too powerful and wealthy, They know that if they lobby enough and to pay off the right politicians in the form of contributions, Guns will always be a part of the Constitution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom