My key for tonight's game. | Syracusefan.com

My key for tonight's game.

orange03

Starter
Sustaining drives. Not even necessarily scoring a whole lot, (not going to beat WVU in a shoot out) but controlling the ball and keeping our D off the field as much as possible. A whole lot of 3 and outs = a blowout.

as long as our first offensive possession is not a 1 yd dive I will be happy

One of the keys to sustaining drives is to eliminate the penalties. Starting off a drive 1st and 15 or to get called for holding on passing plays is a sure fire way to a 3 and out. The way that Hay has been playing has me worried. He either gets beat like a drum or will have to resort to grabbing on to his guy. Nassib is going to have to step up in the pocket to escape the outside rush and turn a possible sack into positive yardage. It's gonna be an adventure tonight, that's for sure.

Sustaining drives. Not even necessarily scoring a whole lot, (not going to beat WVU in a shoot out) but controlling the ball and keeping our D off the field as much as possible. A whole lot of 3 and outs = a blowout.

We did that vs USC and got blown out in the 2nd half.

We need to score. Period. Trickery, whatever...get points on the board. At least 29 needed to win.

We have to somehow channel last years defense, because we have about a 3% chance of winning in a shoot out. We're not a quick strike team, trying to hit home runs all night will result in a drubbing.

the key to the game is easy...win the turnover battle by at least 2.

On defense (as has been posted elsewhere) no stupid drive sustaining penalties on 3rd down (a la USC). This D can only stop them once per drive.

We have to somehow channel last years defense, because we have about a 3% chance of winning in a shoot out. We're not a quick strike team, trying to hit home runs all night will result in a drubbing.
I agree that its important to have to control the time of possession and trying to hit home runs all night will likely result in disaster, however, it is also important that we end the majority of drives with more touchdowns than field goals. Getting three and giving up seven is a quick way to get a loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom