My Plan to Improve CBB Officiating | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Plan to Improve CBB Officiating

They should just teach referees to call the block/charge correctly and stop looking to call charges.
That would fix College refs for me.

I don't know if it' an easy call to make correctly as currently defined.
Some are worst than others, and I will grant that too many seek a big charge call at crucial moments to make themselves the star which I can't stand.

Too many veteran guys get the juice and the veteran coaches like it that way. Too few guys working too many nights evaluating too many rules.

Coaches often like the old veterans even if they're bad, because they know what they're getting. Honest. That's what kept Burr and Higgins around for so long.

this kind of totally "unbiased" voting is how bristol palin and sean spicer make it to the finals in DWTS.

"I'll take 'From Left Field' for $400, Alex." :)

clean up two calls. Block/Charge and aggressively and consistently call hand checking on the perimeter. No exceptions. A bunch of the other concerns go away.

This, and I will add loose ball and rebounding fouls.

Another thing I don't know why they can't do during the NCAAT is have out of conference officials from the two teams playing. I believe less bias would result from officials that are unfamiliar with/don't see the same teams on a regular basis.

But "Veteran officials" are always working the same big games.

Having "fans" vote is exactly how Yao Ming got to be the #1 voted all stars during the 2000s. He had an entire country with 8 billion population voting for him. He got more votes than MJ, Duncan etc...you don't want the "population" dictate which referree is correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom