My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(This will be the last show of the season.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, firstly I’d like to congratulate the team for their efforts this season. I know several players were hurting when we beat North Carolina and Clemson, two teams that had beaten us previously. There were grimaces on the faces of the players but smiles on the face of the fans. By the way, you went 13-1 in the Dome without the fans – do you still need us? Your team’s 15-8 record would be 20-11 over 31 games and that would be our best regular season record in in 7 years.

Since it’s the last show, I’ll try to shoe-horn in two final questions. The NIT has a great history and usually offers two games in the Dome and a Final Four in New York for Syracuse. This year they have cut the field in half and are holding it in Texas. Would we still be interested in going if we don’t make the NCAAs?

The biggest thing that happened to this team was Bourama’s injury. I think we could have bene a Top 10 team with him. You’ve had to find ways to win without a true center. What will solve our center problems for next year: Improvement from returning players? A recruit from the high school or prep school ranks? Or someone from the transfer portal?”

200.gif

Steve is clever to present the big man questions in terms of next year, with just a slight smattering of butt-kissery in the opening half. Don't know if it's a good idea to directly address Coach's current strategy, heh.

Question before I decide to call. Will I be able to here the answer on my phone or will I have to get the reaction here?

Why don’t we have another game?... cmon we are on a roll and Su is in the blood.

the failure to play is a cloT Ps I’m onlyv5’10”

We need to get Muggsy Bogues to call in and question JBs approach to coaching. Listed at 5'3...what's the cutoff for being able to ask legitimate questions?
To be fair, I think it was the combo of never playing basketball AND being short that got him angry.

Question before I decide to call. Will I be able to here the answer on my phone or will I have to get the reaction here?

You can hear the broadcast until they cut you off of it.

debating wether to ask my question about why our minutes distribution is always 5 players typically in the 30’s and the rest in the 0’s/10’s

G
debating wether to ask my question about why our minutes distribution is always 5 players typically in the 30’s and the rest in the 0’s/10’s
Practice.
That is why.
Those that practice well play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors