My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

I wish I could simulcast today, some of these callers with their pre-question ramblings are out of control. I don't give a sh$t if you had your first COVID vaccine and I guarantee you Matt Park doesn't either.
This is what I am here for!

He played in high school. Highest form of basketball he ever played. Not trying to start an argument. Just why it’s stupid to say that someone that didn’t play basketball or is short doesn’t know anything about basketball. It was a stupid comment and it was a personal attack for no reason. He is a head basketball coach for near 50 years. He should know better by now.
No, of course everyone can have an opinion about anything. Just like JB can have an opinion too.

I was just pointing out that I've seen mugsy brought up several times now and JB had a qualifier in there with the short comment so it really isn't a good response.

Should JB get so upset what a 5'2" guys says about his teams...no. JB does care though and has forever. I actually kind of like that he cares and fights the media. It isn't usually a good look, but shoot, I'd probably have a tough time biting my lip too.

Basically Gutierrez called him an hour ago to apologize and he didn’t like Gutierrez speculating on the team record when he isn’t in practice.
But I think he sorta apologized but I didn’t hear it.
I’m sure Gutierrez would be happy to attend practices if allowed

Nothing screams SU and quality production like the 76 year old bball coach trying to get his thoughts out on the last call in show of the year while the School fight songs blares like taps at Paris Island at the volume of a Megadeth concert while Matt Park is trying to end the show in the background. God Bless America as Coach K would say.

A suggestion for next year: Don't leave it all to Jeremycuse. Have a rotation of of people who can listen to it live and make a running commentary, with back-ups in case the scheduled one is unavailable.

Does anyone here really think JB was talking about guys that have spent their life in basketball, enhancing the sport, working in the sport, coaching up players, being refs or whatever the career choice may be?

I'm super critical of JB for player development and recruiting, but I think we are being a little sensitive here. Me and my buddies were laughing about it. JB was talking about us. Guys that live on every play and think we know more because we have advanced stats and an echo chamber. Guys with weak voices that call radio shows trying to get some cred on a fan forum.

Was it big news for a second, maybe, but JB says things every season. He will be gone soon, let's try to enjoy the last couple years and hope we get another hall of famer that loves the city and the university to replace him.

Last edited:
Marek is already 22. I would be very surprised if he comes back at the age of 23 to play another 39 minutes a game at Center and get more teeth knocked out when Sidibe’s knees give out again
Staying another year in college isn't like going to fight in a war. I'm sure in a normal year, he has a lot of fun. I have no idea whether he is coming back or not. But playing 39 minutes at center I don't think is the discouraging thing you might think it is. Plus, I don't think that will be the case. If QG and Griff leave, he could line up at forward with Benny. With Jess and Frank at the 5 and Sidibe if he is good to go.

A suggestion for next year: Don't leave it all to Jeremycuse. Have a rotation of of people who can listen to it live and make a running commentary, with back-ups in case the scheduled one is unavailable.
I live out of town and typically driving when the show is on. Reading this is hard to follow sometimes but I love it. Thank you!! I just want run...hulk to call one day.

1614907648155.png

Staying another year in college isn't like going to fight in a war. I'm sure in a normal year, he has a lot of fun. I have no idea whether he is coming back or not. But playing 39 minutes at center I don't think is the discouraging thing you might think it is. Plus, I don't think that will be the case. If QG and Griff leave, he could line up at forward with Benny. With Jess and Frank at the 5 and Sidibe if he is good to go.
I think it’s more likely Dolezaj moves on than Quincy

Working on a work project so not able to simulcast but JB just said Barama will come back if healthy. Dolezaj said he was leaving at the beginning of the year but is now reconsidering. JB noted there will definitely be movement at the end of the year for most teams including us.
So that means we lose at least 1 center then, we probably lose at least 2 forwards but hey at least we have “continuity”

If we get q and the 3 guards griffin back plus bobby b Woody and Jesse and the freshman. We will be fine

So that means we lose at least 1 center then, we probably lose at least 2 forwards but hey at least we have “continuity”
If you look around college bball this seems to happen at every program these days, not just ours. There are way more transfers than there used to be.

If we get q and the 3 guards griffin back plus bobby b Woody and Jesse and the freshman. We will be fine
I don’t see Buddy, Joe, Kadary, Jesse, Frank or Bobby B going anywhere. We add Benny and i think out of Marek, AG, Q and woody two will return although rumors from this board say Woody is gone. If we return one of those guys we will be in good shape with the forwards, 2 would be great for rotation and depth. BS could come back too which would be great if he’s healthy. Can never have too many 5s on the roster. I also don’t see JBA leaving, he seems to be having the time of his life although if he leaves it isn’t really a big deal.

I don’t see Buddy, Joe, Kadary, Jesse, Frank or Bobby B going anywhere. We add Benny and i think out of Marek, AG, Q and woody two will return although rumors from this board say Woody is gone. If we return one of those guys we will be in good shape with the forwards, 2 would be great for rotation and depth. BS could come back too which would be great if he’s healthy. Can never have too many 5s on the roster. I also don’t see JBA leaving, he seems to be having the time of his life although if he leaves it isn’t really a big deal.
What’s it matter how many 5’s we have. We play Sidibe and if he is hurt then MD plays it. Getting a 3rd center to play good minutes is like drawing blood from a rock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom