My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.
Their schedule: The AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Begins Tonight! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segments the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Segment Question:

“Coach, traditionally you’ve used 10-11 scholarships on recruited players. After some years where you lost players to injury and other problems, you started using all 13 scholarships. You said “You have to protect the program”. Then last year we had massive defections with the opening of the transfer portal. You went back to 10 guys – why stockpile players if they are going to leave? But we were left with three guards and two point guards, one of whom is now hurt and the other went 1 for 9 with 6 turnovers. Will you be using all 13 scholarships next year?”

2nd Segment Question:

“Coach, in these last two losses, we are 15 for 28 from the line. We’ve got three 80% free throw shooters in our starting line-up and two 50% guys. The other team wants to foul the 50% guys. You’ve decided you’d rather put the other four players back on defense when we are at the line. Would it make any difference to put a couple of them at the lane to try to rebound the misses when the 50% guys are shooting?”

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.
Their schedule: The AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Begins Tonight! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segments the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Segment Question:

“Coach, traditionally you’ve used 10-11 scholarships on recruited players. After some years where you lost players to injury and other problems, you started using all 13 scholarships. You said “You have to protect the program”. Then last year we had massive defections with the opening of the transfer portal. You went back to 10 guys – why stockpile players if they are going to leave? But we were left with three guards and two point guards, one of whom is now hurt and the other went 1 for 9 with 6 turnovers. Will you be using all 13 scholarships next year?”

2nd Segment Question:

“Coach, in these last two losses, we are 15 for 28 from the line. We’ve got three 80% free throw shooters in our starting line-up and two 50% guys. The other team wants to foul the 50% guys. You’ve decided you’d rather put the other four players back on defense when we are at the line. Would it make any difference to put a couple of them at the lane to try to rebound the misses when the 50% guys are shooting?”
Question. Is it time for you to retire?

Attachments

• AFF7DB69-C315-4F0B-AEED-3B2C03000D7E.gif
    AFF7DB69-C315-4F0B-AEED-3B2C03000D7E.gif
    104.5 KB · Views: 86
First time caller, long time listener, and lifelong parishioner of the church of Boeheim. Are you going to coach your boys when they get drafted to the NBA? Who are you going to coach if Buddy and Jimmy get drafted to different NBA teams? Make the trade?

Very uncomfortable show for Jim, Matt, the callers, and any listeners! This is horrible!

I wound up with 11 pages of notes, virtually all about the team and the fans, etc. There were some confrontational phone calls and JB went on at length. I'll try to get the first hour done tonight.

The big revelation is in the Twitch segment: Jim expects next year's team to consist of Benny, (who he thinks will be back), Jesse, Frank, Joe and Symir plus the 5 freshmen, three of whom will start and all of whom will play. He's not planning to hit the transfer portal at all!

Edit: I double checked my notes and he said 2-3 will start.

Last edited:
I wound up with 11 pages of notes, virtually all about the team and the fans, etc. There were some confrontational phone calls and JB went on at length. I'll try to get the first hour done tonight.

The big revelation is in the Twitch segment: Jim expects next year's team to consist of Benny, (who he thinks will be back), Jesse, Frank, Joe and Symir plus the 5 freshmen, three of whom will start and all of whom will play. He's not planning to hit the transfer portal at all!
Super Troopers Wow GIF

3 is impossible if all those guys return.

Id bet anything that 3 freshman are not starting

We aren’t winning anything more than the high teens with that squad either. The defense will likely be better, but we’ll be lucky to hit water from a boat with that team. It needs to end. Ugh.

JB said 2-3 Freshman starting...

Jesse, Benny, Joe (unless Benny goes haywire :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom