My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I’m probably the biggest Oshae fan on the board. That was by far his worst game of the season. Not sure what you were watching. No doubt he’ll bounce back tonight vs. UNC. We really need him to rebound his area and finish at the rim. As my brother said yesterday “your guy couldn’t finish a sandwich”

Respectfully, I think your reading comprehension is a little off. I never said he played great. I'm not even saying he played good. But calling it the worst performance of the season is way overboard (especially considering we played duke like 11 days ago - there is no way you forgot about that game). Calling it a horrible game is wrong.

What i am saying is that the majority, if not all 6 of his 3's were open/good shots in the flow of offense. If 1 falls - its a pretty good game. if 2 fall, he had 16 and 10 with a few blocks and assists.

The chances of him going 0/6 with 5 or 6 good looks are basically 0. But it happened.

some rule changes last year :
  1. If the offensive player dislodges the defender, it is a foul on the offense. If the defense dislodges, it is a foul on the defense.
  2. If the offensive player posts up with his arms straight out to the side to ward off an opponent and contact occurs with a defender who is attempting to get around the offensive post player to front him, it is a foul on the offensive player.
  3. If the defender uses a "swim stroke" in an attempt to front an offensive player who has his arms in a legal position (bent at the elbows), it is a defensive foul.
  4. If the defensive player "lays" on the offensive player with more than incidental contact, it is a defensive foul.
  5. If illegal contact occurs by the offensive player using a straight arm and the defense using a "swim stroke" at approximately the same time, this is a double foul.
  6. Officials will be instructed to call the first foul.
we also saw the vertical/ cylinder rule called on chukwu last night whereby you must now must allow an offensive player enuf room to make a move without "invading the cylinder".

That's how they called it. On our end. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom