My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Anyone notice that we seem to be more consistent running the ball and pass protecting when we go under center vs shotgun?

I don't think we should be afraid to try it more.

Encouraged by the growth spurt in tubas.
What we are watching is a young QB with special arm talent playing with very average receivers and a very weak offensive line.

I don't know what folks expect at this point but I am quite confident TD is going to make us all wonder who the second best passer in SU history was. His long ball is remarkable and his accuracy is excellent.
Imagine Ryan Nassib with wheels and a long ball. Yikes.

Our defense has no depth as evidenced by yesterday's experience without Cisco and Iffy. This may determine our season.

While we will surely get better with experience over the course of the season, we probably will do well to win more than 8 games and a bowl.This is a transitional year pure and simple. Nothing wrong with that.
Enjoy watching the kids grow.

Care taker, go back and watch that play. It was the db on the outside wr who made the play on riley, who was in the slot. That was just one of those things, where the defender made a good play. It wasnt on riley.
Yes but if Sean comes back he takes away the dns angle . I’m seriously always right lol

Anyone notice that we seem to be more consistent running the ball and pass protecting when we go under center vs shotgun?

I don't think we should be afraid to try it more.
I think, after rewatching, it's because it puts Tommy in the pocket. They mentioned it on the broadcast. They made the point if the qb is back or doesn't step up the DE's have a much easier angle. As the season goes I think TD will be more comfortable stepping up, just like on that Bomb to trishton

Your son played great - instead everyone is up in arms over 1 of his 8 incompletions. :confused:
Everyone is up in arms ??... I think almost every poster said he played a a very good or great game. We are all encouraged. It wasn’t perfect, nor was T . Lawrence the last 3 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom