My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

The factors that you have to consider in my amateur eyes would seem to be: team availability, arena availability and tv (I could live with ACCNX if they could get the games in personally)
TV isn’t the issue.
ACCN would be able to get more revenue if they had Monday games on the network. Live content always gets more in ad revenue during games than non live content.

Arenas I don’t think are a major issue since all 15 ACC teams play on campus.

It’s more likely teams don’t care to get these games played.
Teams could easily for 2 weeks play Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday schedules.

For teams to makeup games.

TV isn’t the issue.
ACCN would be able to get more revenue if they had Monday games on the network. Live content always gets more in ad revenue during games than non live content.

Arenas I don’t think are a major issue since all 15 ACC teams play on campus.

It’s more likely teams don’t care to get these games played.
Teams could easily for 2 weeks play Saturday-Monday-Wednesday-Saturday schedules.

For teams to makeup games.

Arenas are an issue if you share the arena with other teams/sports - like we do with the women's team and lacrosse. With the women's team, you can adjust start teams, since it's the same court and setup.

Granted lacrosse is only just starting, but that does rule out 2 days the Dome wouldn't be available.

Arenas are an issue if you share the arena with other teams/sports - like we do with the women's team and lacrosse. With the women's team, you can adjust start teams, since it's the same court and setup.

Granted lacrosse is only just starting, but that does rule out 2 days the Dome wouldn't be available.
If I were JB and SU I would make sure we have a game for 2-17 as I don’t think Louisville will be available.

I would be on the phone with Miami who is off that mid week and have them ready to play on 2-17 if Louisville isn’t available.

Bras played because Q was in foul trouble, and then fouled out.

The ONLY reason he got in. Otherwise, Q woulda gone the distance.

Q was awful because Kadary was on the bench.
K came in in the 2nd half, and all of a sudden, Q was playing well again.
Spoiler -
it's not a coincidence. Except to JB, apparently.
Q has not been very affective the past few games, no matter who was in. He's been getting the ball in decent spots but hasn't been able to finish. Glad to see him get going against NCState.

There's got to be some kind of funky logistical issue. Maybe arena availability, or getting refs. I don't know.

It feels like it shouldn't be complicated, but there hasn't been a lot of urgency over rescheduling postponed games it seems. Maybe it's a lot more complicated than it seems. Maybe it's just not actually a priority.

It's weird.
Hotels are an issue, I imagine

The zone is supposed to take away easy shots...it is supposed to make it so JB can dictate to other teams what they do and where they get their shots. So far this season it has not worked that way. at all.

Wide open 3s and dunks/layups is what teams are getting...on the reg.

the degree of difficulty on made baskets by opponents is soooo low, imo. I know teams are going to score...but it is maddening to see teams make open 3s and dunks/layups for most of their points.

Vs NC STATE...many open looks resulted from collapsing on a big who caught it down low...who then kicked it to a wide open shooter who nailed it. i think they should live with the man on man d down there and see what happens. this game shouldve been a blowout win imo...20 turnovers in a 40 minute game is A LOT.

I think it is poor strategy to collapse on a big with 2-3 players...especially if it leaves a good shooter open. i get it that they want to help marek but it is just too easy for opponents to pass to a wide open 3 point shooter.

Griff and Bras and KR are getting really good at rotating on the zone once it breaks down...kick this up a notch and it can get interesting....the other players arent so good at realizing when to rotate and are usually a step slow in realizing that they are indeed the one who has to cover the shooter. this should be a point of emphasis in practice.

Q was awful because Kadary was on the bench.
K came in in the 2nd half, and all of a sudden, Q was playing well again.
Spoiler -
it's not a coincidence. Except to JB, apparently.

??? Kadary played 12 mins in the 1st half and 13 mins in the 2nd half. All the 1st half mins were with Q in the game.

Again, it’s absolutely pathetic the conference can’t figure out a way to reschedule games.
As I've said many times before, I am so angry about losing (the ability to play) those three home games. Has any other ACC team lost that many home games? Too lazy to do the research, but I doubt it.
I think the conference will figure it out. Cuse can play Louisville or Clemson on March 3 at home (both teams have openings that week), and we might be able to squeeze in one more the weekend of March 5-6, depending on who’s available.

I think the conference will figure it out. Cuse can play Louisville or Clemson on March 3 at home (both teams have openings that week), and we might be able to squeeze in one more the weekend of March 5-6, depending on who’s available.
Makes sense. Let's hope the ACC powers-that-be agree, and make it happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom