My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Nance was really the difference for UNC last night. Bacot did what he does, but despite some of their warts Joe And Judah completely outplayed Love and Davis.

Those two are really nothing special. Girard is having just as good of a season as Davis and a much better season than Love.
UNC fan behind me(with the annoying “let’s gooooo” kid) was griping about Nance the whole night. “He’s not facilitating from the high post! He’s scared to shoot!” Etc. None of it made any sense.

UNC fan behind me(with the annoying “let’s gooooo” kid) was griping about Nance the whole night. “He’s not facilitating from the high post! He’s scared to shoot!” Etc. None of it made any sense.
What game was he watching lol

I'd love to see us press and fall back to the zone to start a game. The lineup isn't going to change but it would be nice to see us try something else on defense to avoid the slow starts.

I'd love to see us press and fall back to the zone to start a game. The lineup isn't going to change but it would be nice to see us try something else on defense to avoid the slow starts.
I'd love to see JB do SOMETHING different to start a game.
Combination of consistently bad starts and many bad finishes has been punishing to watch.

Dearest Tom, I must disagree with you about the singer of the National Anthem. I thought he was awful. It is bad enough when a woman sings the Anthem like Mariah Carey, but when a man does it? Yuck! And he had this twangy Cowboy accent happening. Instead of “bright stars” he sang “black stars.” Is that what he thought the lyric was? Or did he just “black” out for a moment?

I got my masters from Carolina. Didn’t follow their basketball team. I root for them sporadically, though. I laughed out loud while reading your “fancy boy” description. That was priceless.

I was so excited when our team made their comeback! I was so proud of them and their fantastic defense in the second half. But I must tell you that when there were 17 seconds left, we were up by 1 and had the ball, I had no confidence whatsoever we were going to win. However, the nightmare that followed . . . What the holy hell was that? I am so glad for this forum that I could read and understand a little about those god awful sequences, and it does seem there are many variations on reality. But it was a horrible way to lose a game. I had kiddingly said in another thread that they might have to carry me out of the Dome on a stretcher. That came close to coming true! :rolleyes:

I just hope they can pull themselves together and keep going. They are improving. They are! But I don’t want Judah anywhere near the ball in the last seconds of a close game. He hasn’t earned it.

Dearest Tom, I must disagree with you about the singer of the National Anthem. I thought he was awful. It is bad enough when a woman sings the Anthem like Mariah Carey, but when a man does it? Yuck! And he had this twangy Cowboy accent happening. Instead of “bright stars” he sang “black stars.” Is that what he thought the lyric was? Or did he just “black” out for a moment?

I got my masters from Carolina. Didn’t follow their basketball team. I root for them sporadically, though. I laughed out loud while reading your “fancy boy” description. That was priceless.

I was so excited when our team made their comeback! I was so proud of them and their fantastic defense in the second half. But I must tell you that when there were 17 seconds left, we were up by 1 and had the ball, I had no confidence whatsoever we were going to win. However, the nightmare that followed . . . What the holy hell was that? I am so glad for this forum that I could read and understand a little about those god awful sequences, and it does seem there are many variations on reality. But it was a horrible way to lose a game. I had kiddingly said in another thread that they might have to carry me out of the Dome on a stretcher. That came close to coming true! :rolleyes:

I just hope they can pull themselves together and keep going. They are improving. They are! But I don’t want Judah anywhere near the ball in the last seconds of a close game. He hasn’t earned it.

This was me the entire anthem, beadle. His rendition just kept getting worse as it went.

I'd love to see JB do SOMETHING different to start a game.
Combination of consistently bad starts and many bad finishes has been punishing to watch.

This was me the entire anthem, beadle. His rendition just kept getting worse as it went.
Who is Fergie? Was she being serious? This was an event that entirely escaped me, but I don’t watch the NBA. I saw some of the Carolina players stifling laughs. My friend and I kept looking at each other with increasingly incredulous faces.

Okay, we should let that poor man Rest In Peace.

Who is Fergie? Was she being serious? This was an event that entirely escaped me, but I don’t watch the NBA. I saw some of the Carolina players stifling laughs. My friend and I kept looking at each other with increasingly incredulous faces.

Okay, we should let that poor man Rest In Peace.
Ask Cowtown, he probably knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom