My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I've always loved the dome but I think the vastness of it creates a problem. You just can't have the students on top of the court creating energy. I'd love to see the students sitting back on the side of the court but that will never happen due to money.

I'd also like to see them sell long range view tickets (top half of upper deck behind the baskets and further) for maybe $5-$10 the week before the game just to fill them up and get some people in there. For big games, you could restrict those tickets but for games where you only have 18-22K, why not do it?

This. Yes.

No idea why they stopped this practice in the late '90s.

Manley Field House was still the best for atmosphere...students in the Zoo, SSS, Dave Eilenberg, and real loud crowd noise.
Age is a wonderful thing. I would know. Then again I grew up at SU with JB and Dave Bing.

Manley Field House was still the best for atmosphere...students in the Zoo, SSS, Dave Eilenberg, and real loud crowd noise.

It 'twas Carl Eilenberg, former Mayor of Rome, NY. Fun fact is that he was not the PA voice during they hey day of Manley. It was Jake Curran, I believe. Perhaps LongtimeFan can corroborate this.

Perhaps you were thinking of "Coney Island" Dave Cohen?

No stupid...his name was Joel Cohen ;)

I loved listening to the games on WSYR as a kid.

BTW, I think you figured it out...LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom