My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

It's safe to assume two things, either these guys aren't open or Nassib's not pulling the trigger.

By the way - that third down play (when we kicked a field goal) I think was designed to go to Bailey and play it safe. There were 2 WR's out in the pattern if I'm not mistaken - I don't think there was any chance somebody was going to be open but it sure seemed like Nassib came out of that snap fully intended to throw it over to Bailey.

Totally off topic here but AAM ran to the wrong side/hole on a busted play in the 3Q. Maybe stupid **** like that is why he's not playing more. That play hurt. 1st or 2nd possesion of the 3Q at midfield. It was 2nd and 8, AAM was to get the ball going left off the 4 or 6 hole and would've picked up good yardage. Instead it's 3rd-8.

I thinks it's probably some of both- receivers are struggling to break free and when they do Nassib doesn't see them or he fails to pull the trigger or he does pull the trigger but he throws the ball on a line that he prefers because it's safe but it's out of the receiver's reach rather than the line that works because it demands a precise throw and it involves risk.

The play that bothered me on the FG drive was the throw to West who had 3 defenders around him. It appeared that Nassib could have hit West even though West was defended. But Nassib definitely could have hit Provo whose route took him over the middle and away from West and the coverage around West. Looked like Nassib locked onto West, missed a very open Provo (Mr. TD lately) and threw a poor ball to West to avoid an interception. I would hope that Nassib is at the point where he can recognize when the defensive coverage goes in one direction and the field opens up in the other direction and that means the route going in that direction, in this case Provo, is probably open. Nassib had time.

AAM had one rush for 4 yards. I remember the play, and he may have gone to the wrong hole. I thought he probably only gained 2 yards, but they gave him 4 and I'm pretty sure the next play was 2nd and 6. Even if he missed the hole and only had 2 yards, he did create a push on that run. He makes the defense work harder, and in a game where we have to fight for first downs that helps the entire offense especially Bailey.

AAM had one rush for 4 yards. I remember the play, and he may have gone to the wrong hole. I thought he probably only gained 2 yards, but they gave him 4 and I'm pretty sure the next play was 2nd and 6. Even if he missed the hole and only had 2 yards, he did create a push on that run. He makes the defense work harder, and in a game where we have to fight for first downs that helps the entire offense especially Bailey.

the busted play where imo AAM ran to the wrong side Nassib had to keep the ball and got sacked for a loss of one or so. Either Nassib ran the wrong play or AAM did but it was definitely a busted play.

So now Bailey is slow? He might be faster if he didn't have to fight his way back to the line of scrimmage all the time.

Bailey is NOT a homerun hitter. Doesn't mean he's a bad player.

If that is the case then shouldn't we be recruiting more than ONE WR this year? Otherwise we will see the SOS next year.
There are already two signed. To go with the nine returning scholarship WR's (assuming Sales gets his year).

How many do you need?

There are already two signed. To go with the nine returning scholarship WR's (assuming Sales gets his year).

How many do you need?

Just one... still looking apparently. You can have 14 but if none can beat man coverage what good are they.. We need Sales to come back... We also need to replace Provo

Just one... still looking apparently. You can have 14 but if none can beat man coverage what good are they.. We need Sales to come back... We also need to replace Provo

Where has Wales been all year? He showed glimpses as a true frosh but I haven't seen him all year. Anyone know if he's playing?

He looks like he could be our next 15 yard personal foul machine... He did "flash" a bit last year, Provo has been damn good though

How many do you need?

It is Marrone's job to attempt to recruit over every player on the roster. We have no good WRs. So we should stop recruiting WRs because we have a certain number on the roster? Or should we try moving some of those guys around and bring in WRs until the issue is fixed?

the busted play where imo AAM ran to the wrong side Nassib had to keep the ball and got sacked for a loss of one or so. Either Nassib ran the wrong play or AAM did but it was definitely a busted play.
You have to imagine AAM ran to the wrong side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom