My thoughts on the upcoming season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My thoughts on the upcoming season

I'm going to be in Syracuse/Cazenovia in mid September. Is there a place I can go that has a particularly good version of Rye Boat?
I'm certainly no connoisseur, but green hills and even wegmans have great options. Make sure to get some corned beef in that dip!

I forget where, but some restaurant had a rye boat sandwich on their menu last year. Gained like 10 lbs.

I'm looking forward to SU football, especially to see our new offense and defense.

But my enthusiasm is tempered because I'm worried for these kids. SU might have good protocols in place but I don't trust the other schools in our conference.

You can't constantly be negative and then call it realistic. Life and football are more than the negatives. If you keep speaking in negatives, you will find yourself with very few friends, and this has nothing to do with mob mentality

I'm not particularly optimistic about having a great season, but I'm sure as heck not going to get angry at people who are optimistic before the season even starts. If you turn out right and it's a bad season and winning the internet is such a big deal to you, there will be time to crow after the season.

I feel like we see the Duke performance week 1.

Could go downhill from there but a fun 6-5 is what I am predicting will happen.

Think we win some roadies that would have been far tougher with fans or a full house at least.

Hang the Witch!
Mob mentality

Pretty safe to say nobody wants to read posts from one particular poster day in day out who is constantly negative about the state of the program hiding behind the guise of " hey I am just keeping it real" and then when things do go bad comes back and pounds chest stating " I told you so" and that is you 100% without a doubt. It's the definition of "old shtick" Most are pretty reasonable about the state of the program and see plenty of areas that need improvement but can also be positive on strides being made in other areas

Post any articles you want but you are the definition of social media cliche and it gets old.

Sudano is a classic glass half empty guy. Message boards by their very nature, bring out glass half full guys/gals - especially this board, which is starving to find something positive for this program. We like to talk about "our" team and why we love it so much. Why we want it to get better and what it's going to take to get us there. We can all agree or disagree on the path to get there, that's fine.

I draw the line on reading posters that have trouble expressing their joy from watching their team play whether they "have a feeling" or are just stating "reality". They are certainly entitled to those opinions on occasion, but not every single time they step on this site.

I enjoy reading many of the long time posters here and the insight they provide. Thank you, from one SU fan that always looks forward to seeing players representing the Orange, no matter the circumstances.

This isn’t even a season to me. It’s like an extra long exhibition schedule

this is how I feel too. play anyone who is ready to play, there are no redshirts to burn, so why the hell not? get the new defense installed, get Gilbert's version of the offense(with some new wrinkles I am sure) installed. There won't be any bowl games beyond playoff games I would imagine, so we don't have that prize to play for. Obviously I hope we win, a lot, but I don't think that will happen and I don't think it will hurt recruiting, I think everyone realizes it is a bogus season, due to players sitting out, trading in Rutgers/Colgate/WMU for NC and ND etc. play some exciting ball, hopefully look competitive in general and let's keep up the momentum in recruiting that the new guys, and Swag Daddy, seem to be establishing. Most of all, keep the kids healthy.

Last edited:
You can say the exact same thing about life. Enjoy each game for what it is - a diversion for a few hours that lets you cheer for your team and hope for the best. The ups and downs are all part of the ride.

I agree, if I can enjoy baseball with empty stands I also will college football.

This thread is getting whack . This is a fan site
So if your on here before the season starts your a big fan like it or not .

With the weather getting cooler I am very happy we will have a game to watch Saturday after this.

I agree, if I can enjoy baseball with empty stands I also will college football.

What is nice is that not every school will have no fans. Kinda thinking of taking a weekend trip to Texas to watch a couple games.

We should have ours back in October.

I went to Lville last year same exact weekend but hope to get to a home game and one of Clemson or ND.

Laughing at the Big Ten is great too.

Liberty Bowl director feels the bowl season will be an extension of the regular season... basically expect that many teams could have losing records

I'm pretty confident SU will be in a bowl this year.

What is nice is that not every school will have no fans. Kinda thinking of taking a weekend trip to Texas to watch a couple games.

We should have ours back in October.

I went to Lville last year same exact weekend but hope to get to a home game and one of Clemson or ND.

Laughing at the Big Ten is great too.
The biggest issue will be snagging tickets.

I might pay a little over Face Value to see SU but not for some random teams.

BTW, two games on TV tonight... I'll definitely watch some of it

Interesting how with kids back faculty back protest conventions restaurant beaches stores flights that the hospital cases icu cases ventilator issues are suddenly decreasing. Must be a miracle.
Regardless hopefully the powers to be allow vaccines to be distributed as soon as the cdc gives the green light. Long story short keep the politics out and lets play some football!

Liberty Bowl director feels the bowl season will be an extension of the regular season... basically expect that many teams could have losing records

I'm pretty confident SU will be in a bowl this year.
If the bowls are all played this season, they'll be far fewer teams to choose from, so yeah, I'd imagine more underachieving teams will be eligible. Of course that won't be SU's situation. But for other teams it will help their chances...ahem.

They could be playing SUNY ESF in the middle of an Iowa cornfield and I’d still be jacked up about Syracuse football.
ESF would be at a handicap in a cornfield. We need trees for a woodsman's competition! :)

With out top two backs opting out, 4-7 is probably the ceiling for this team. Wins are likely Liberty, Georgia Tech, maybe BC and another. No road winds.

With out top two backs opting out, 4-7 is probably the ceiling for this team. Wins are likely Liberty, Georgia Tech, maybe BC and another. No road winds.
No road winds means no problem slinging the rock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom