my two cents | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Tonight was the straw that broke my back. I have been hoping that Dino would pull it together win 7 play competitively the last half of the season and retain his job. Now it doesn't matter to me how we finish. Unless we win out and play well in a bowl game Dinos time on the Hill is over. He has been provided with eight years and has only provided two decent seasons. This year the team has actually looked bad each game. For me Army was the game that i knew it was over. Our team was flat and sloppy. From that point until today we have regressed to the point that the team is dysfunctional.

Dino is a good person who cares about the kids but he isnt a good football coach. Im sure that he will land on his feet hopefully in a job that he can help people but outside of coaching. Eight years of investment in him has basically been wasted. Time to clean house and start over. I want a proven winner. One with an East coast background. JMU and Holly Cross coaches are my first two choices. Maybe one of them can convince players like LA to stay but i doubt it. Our good players will leave as we are a broken program that will be starting from scratch.

Hopefully JW doesn't wait until the end of the season as things will only get worse. My hope is that Dino is let go this weekend and we can start to move forward.

Agreed. Said as much to anyone who would listen tonight - this game was a complete failure on all levels. Dino is a lame duck for as long as he’s allowed to remain at this point. What a waste of time and why isn’t our athletic department demanding a quality product?

I wonder if Dan Mullen would be interested. He is a Pennsylvania guy who was a grad assistant here and was successful at Mississippi State and Florida in the tough SEC. Heard good things about the Holy Cross coach two. Let’s face it, Wildhack should have bit the bullet with Babers contract and went after Lance Leopold two years ago. It’s so freaking hard being a Syracuse University Football Fan.

I wonder if Dan Mullen would be interested. He is a Pennsylvania guy who was a grad assistant here and was successful at Mississippi State and Florida in the tough SEC. Heard good things about the Holy Cross coach two. Let’s face it, Wildhack should have bit the bullet with Babers contract and went after Lance Leopold two years ago. It’s so freaking hard being a Syracuse University Football Fan.

Dan Mullen would be best case scenario. I doubt it would ever happen but that’s who I’ve been hoping for

Wildhack is great at firing people, so we got that going for us.

What a horrible situation. My gut tells me they'll wait to fire him but that feels like a mistake. If they keep him on, we'll get what we've had for the past month. If they don't and let him go this week, I think the last four games will be real ugly, unless guys are auditioning for their futures, to transfer.

Our Oline didn’t just suddenly forget how to block our players gave up on this coach that’s as clear as day

Wildhack is great at firing people, so we got that going for us.
At some point could wildhack be fired too? I wonder if the university looks at the football malaise as something caused by AD.

Of course hoops corroded as well but wonder how pervasive this could be in terms of changes

I like JW but we sure he is going to make the decisions

Tonight was the straw that broke my back. I have been hoping that Dino would pull it together win 7 play competitively the last half of the season and retain his job. Now it doesn't matter to me how we finish. Unless we win out and play well in a bowl game Dinos time on the Hill is over. He has been provided with eight years and has only provided two decent seasons. This year the team has actually looked bad each game. For me Army was the game that i knew it was over. Our team was flat and sloppy. From that point until today we have regressed to the point that the team is dysfunctional.

Dino is a good person who cares about the kids but he isnt a good football coach. Im sure that he will land on his feet hopefully in a job that he can help people but outside of coaching. Eight years of investment in him has basically been wasted. Time to clean house and start over. I want a proven winner. One with an East coast background. JMU and Holly Cross coaches are my first two choices. Maybe one of them can convince players like LA to stay but i doubt it. Our good players will leave as we are a broken program that will be starting from scratch.

Hopefully JW doesn't wait until the end of the season as things will only get worse. My hope is that Dino is let go this weekend and we can start to move forward.
You’ve always made the point, which I thought was accurate, that Dino never actually planned on being here. I think that’s spot on. And, aside from not being a good coach, I don’t think he’s ever coached like he really thinks we can win or wants to win. I think he’s pretty much mailed it in since 2018.

At some point could wildhack be fired too? I wonder if the university looks at the football malaise as something caused by AD.

Of course hoops corroded as well but wonder how pervasive this could be in terms of changes

I like JW but we sure he is going to make the decisions

If Dino is still HC come Monday I might have to write a long email about why we need to fire JW and send it every Friday to the BOT and Syverud. Eventually someone will read it and see a bunch of valid reasons and take it into consideration.

Obviously most of us are still going to go to the BC game, I’ll be cheering loud in 301.

It’s starting to hurt the same as the G Rob years did and worse than the Shafer ones did.

Shafer was a bad Head Coach but at least he showed fight.

I simply can’t handle a BC loss

Obviously most of us are still going to go to the BC game, I’ll be cheering loud in 301.

It’s starting to hurt the same as the G Rob years did and worse than the Shafer ones did.

Think about this. Crappy BC who lost to Northern Illinois will be bowling and we may not win another game.

I never thought this team was that good. Not preseason. Not at 4-0. It had too many question marks that hadn’t been answered. All the pollyannas on this board assumed they’d all be answered affirmatively of course, which was annoying of course, especially when they shouted down other peoples thoughts. However, I never imagined that NONE of those questions would be answered positively. That’s incredible to literally none of what needed fixing was fixed.

O line. Nope. DBs nope. WRs nope. QB nope. D line. Nope.

Whether the people with blinders on recognize these items or not, Those were all the uncertainties coming into camp. Literally none of these were addressed positively. It’s crazy. And that’s why we’re about to be horrible again.

Think about this. Crappy BC who lost to Northern Illinois will be bowling and we may not win another game.

I never thought this team was that good. Not preseason. Not at 4-0. It had too many question marks that hadn’t been answered. All the pollyannas on this board assumed they’d all be answered affirmatively of course, which was annoying of course, especially when they shouted down other peoples thoughts. However, I never imagined that NONE of those questions would be answered positively. That’s incredible to literally none of what needed fixing was fixed.

O line. Nope. DBs nope. WRs nope. QB nope. D line. Nope.

Whether the people with blinders on recognize these items or not, Those were all the uncertainties coming into camp. Literally none of these were addressed positively. It’s crazy. And that’s why we’re about to be horrible again.
The demeanor of Boeheim’s and Baber’s press conferences this past year is it for me. If I could press a button to do a reset starting with ADJW and then Dino, I would. This is nationally embarrassing. I didn’t see anything similar with Rutgers. This is just dragging the fanbase through a field of broken glass

Be ready to be handled.

BC has found their footing and is playing good football right now. Castellanos will have us in a blender unfortunately.

I suspect 35-14 coming our way. Not sure why we are so arrogant about the BC struggles vs our success out of the gates. They have adjusted we have not.

You’ve always made the point, which I thought was accurate, that Dino never actually planned on being here. I think that’s spot on. And, aside from not being a good coach, I don’t think he’s ever coached like he really thinks we can win or wants to win. I think he’s pretty much mailed it in since 2018.
He never has. Dino has never built a program. Dino has never been a successful OC or DC. He is truly one lucky guy. As to his commitment to SU as I have said his heart is West. Nothing wrong with that but that is where his roots are and where he wants to be. He was very close to landing a gig after our good year, but the cards didn't fall the right way for him, or he would have been gone. I'm not sure if his wife has ever attended a game let alone an event or done anything to support the program which I find odd. He has been provided with more resources than any coach in the history of Syracuse. Been paid more money than any employee in the history of Syracuse and has failed miserably. There is absolutely no reason to retain him at this point. No reason to bash him. His record and the way his team is playing speaks for itself. I had hopes that he would come out of the bye with his team intact, but the opposite happened. The team has without a doubt quit on him. We are a dysfunctional mess at this point with a leader who is simply playing out the string. Name Long or Beck interim coach and start the interview process now and this time hire a guy with east coast roots and experience in building programs. My choices would be in order JMU, Holly Cross coaches or Sean Lewis.

If Dino is still HC come Monday I might have to write a long email about why we need to fire JW and send it every Friday to the BOT and Syverud. Eventually someone will read it and see a bunch of valid reasons and take it into consideration.
To kill the snake you must cut of the head. Who do you think is the head? hmm

That's funny

He never has. Dino has never built a program. Dino has never been a successful OC or DC. He is truly one lucky guy. As to his commitment to SU as I have said his heart is West. Nothing wrong with that but that is where his roots are and where he wants to be. He was very close to landing a gig after our good year, but the cards didn't fall the right way for him, or he would have been gone. I'm not sure if his wife has ever attended a game let alone an event or done anything to support the program which I find odd. He has been provided with more resources than any coach in the history of Syracuse. Been paid more money than any employee in the history of Syracuse and has failed miserably. There is absolutely no reason to retain him at this point. No reason to bash him. His record and the way his team is playing speaks for itself. I had hopes that he would come out of the bye with his team intact, but the opposite happened. The team has without a doubt quit on him. We are a dysfunctional mess at this point with a leader who is simply playing out the string. Name Long or Beck interim coach and start the interview process now and this time hire a guy with east coast roots and experience in building programs. My choices would be in order JMU, Holly Cross coaches or Sean Lewis.

I don't know how close Lewis is with Dino but I'm not sure he'd go to the place that fired a friend.

He never has. Dino has never built a program.
Yup. Just look at his track record with QBs, the most critical position in the sport.

Got to Eastern Illinois and inherited Jimmy Garrapolo. Rode him for 2 years and bolted for Bowling Green. Inherited two QBs there, rode them for 2 years and bolted for SU. Inherited Dungey here and rode him to the 10-3, top 15 season.

Since?

Failed completely with DeVito. Appears to have flopped with Shrader, with no discernable replacement behind him.

He's a lousy head coach, and it's been all downhill since the Maryland game in 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom