Myrtle Beach never looked better | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Myrtle Beach never looked better

I find the comments about Hilton head and the outer banks vs Myrtle very interesting. I currently live in Asheville NC (38 years) and am relatively close to all three facilities. The outer banks and Hilton head are both very attractive but Myrtle has a lot more activities to offer. More shopping, more restaurants, more golf courses more shows and other activities.I purchased my first unit in Myrtle some 15 years ago (so I could take my dogs) and now own 3 and am looking at a 4th. To avoid the spring Harley group I found a good place to go was the library. As a generalization the fall group, although noisy, is comprised of a good group of people. Try Mr. Fish on Kings Hwy in Myrtle. Their crab and mac and their grits pies are to die for

I am too. Go to Myrtle if you want more of the glitz and a faster pace.
Folks on HHI fight to keep it from being "another Myrtle Beach" all the time.

For Florida:

Destin/Sandestin was great 15-20 years ago...it has been over run.

St Petersburg area...I love Gulfport, Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach area... traffic situation is so much better than Clearwater Beach.

Last edited:
For Florida:

Destin/Sandestin was great 15-20 years ago...it has been over run.

St Petersburg area...I love Gulfport, Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach area... traffic situation is so much better than Clearwater Beach.
Near Jacksonville, Florida, try St. Augustine Beach just south of St. Augustine. Beautiful beach without a ton of people. Also good accommodations and restaurant.

Mrs. Bayside's family has a house on Myrtle and had it since the begining of time. The town itself is basically whatever you want it to be.

We're across the street from the beach on a ridge, so grilling out, hitting a golf ball and beach and little else suits me fine.

I find the comments about Hilton head and the outer banks vs Myrtle very interesting. I currently live in Asheville NC (38 years) and am relatively close to all three facilities. The outer banks and Hilton head are both very attractive but Myrtle has a lot more activities to offer. More shopping, more restaurants, more golf courses more shows and other activities.I purchased my first unit in Myrtle some 15 years ago (so I could take my dogs) and now own 3 and am looking at a 4th. To avoid the spring Harley group I found a good place to go was the library. As a generalization the fall group, although noisy, is comprised of a good group of people. Try Mr. Fish on Kings Hwy in Myrtle. Their crab and mac and their grits pies are to die for

I must admit, I haven't seen too many motorcycles parked outside a library. :cool:

Outer Banks! Avon area.

Love Avon. Rented a house there 2 summers ago for my parents' 50th anniversary. Down the road a little ways in Buxton is an amazing little place called Pop's Raw Bar. We went there for lunch/drinks just about every other day. Amazing oysters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom