N Florida Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

N Florida Game Thread...

It's just embarrassing to get out rebounded by a team of this caliber and again dominated in the paint. :(

Against a horrific team. Play a decent defensive team and we struggle.
No, to some here on the forum, any good defensive team just becomes "a bad matchup." Makes me laugh

AW3 has to figure out his 2nd half issue. 2 games in a row he looked great offensivelt in the 1st and was awful in the 2nd. I can't get too mad at him though, if other teams are focusing on him more, someone else has to step up. Thank god for Tyus and DC tonight. Everyone else besides those 3 were invisible

To be fair, he is hitting them at 50% which really isn't good enough for your point guard. But how much confidence do you have in Howard at the end of a close game?
That's the thing...what's his % in the 2nd half, when the game is close?

We have Battle, White, and Lydon on the court as good FT shooters and we pass it to Frank. Stupid.

Yeah, on the last inbound I was surprised Lydon didn't turn and pass to Battle. He held the ball too long, then went to Howard.

I hope he invested in a "diminishing skills" insurance policy.
I have nothing to back this up. But I think gaining 15lbs of muscle has killed his shooting touch

AW3 has to figure out his 2nd half issue. 2 games in a row he looked great offensivelt in the 1st and was awful in the 2nd. I can't get too mad at him though, if other teams are focusing on him more, someone else has to step up. Thank god for Tyus and DC tonight. Everyone else besides those 3 were invisible

He had 15 in the first, 11 in the second. He wasn't as good in the second half, but I didn't think the dropoff was as noticeable this game as it has been in others.

Good grief we almost lost to N Florida.
The positives:
- Howard played a good floor game. Had 13 dimes. Offense clearly runs better with him at PG than Gillon.
- Coleman was aggressive on offense. He is the entire paint scoring for this team. We need him to provide post scoring. Unfortunately his d leaves a lot to be desired.
- White's outside shooting. He had space and when he does & is in rhythm he makes em.
- Battle finally got going. Played almost the entire game & came alive.

The bad:
- Awful rebounding team. This team killed us inside and got a ton of offensive boards. Nobody rebounds. Roberson looks like he doesn't care anymore since his minutes have been cut.
- Roberson took at least half a dozen bad shots that he can't possibly make and should not take. Looks like anger for less PT.
- Lydon is a shadow of his self from last year. Seemingly can't make a 2 point shot even point blank.
- Howard is a 50% FT shooter. He will kill us in close and late situations. Hard to have a PG who can't make free throws.
- Got nothing from the bench. Gillion was bad on offense and is worse on D. Thompson didn't do much. Got a T and was benched. No Chukwu today. He earned that after the last 2 games.

I have nothing to back this up. But I think gaining 15lbs of muscle has killed his shooting touch

I have NOTHING to back up what I'm going to say, but.

When you're a freshman and you're as successful as Lydon was, I can't imagine adding bulk or changing your body where it can mess up your skill set so much. If his main feature was rebounding, sure, bulk up, but if you're a shooter and that's your ticket to the next level I can't imagine "getting strong", and changing your body is going to help you. There is a reason guys like Steve Novak are still trolling around in the league. If I'm Lydon, I focus on my money maker.

He's still shooting right around 40% (11-28) from three, not sure that constitutes a "lost" shooting touch.

Just curious where Lydon fits at the next level, seems like Ryan Anderson if hes lucky. Him guarding fours will be a disaster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom