N Florida Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

N Florida Game Thread...

They hit that last shot they were a foul and a Frank Howard missed free throw away from a win.
Not to be negative about FH, but this is going to be a big problem for us in close games if he can't hit FTs consistently.
Consistently? How about once in a while

Don't fool yourself, there will be people posting on the forum about how "a win is a win", "they're really a good team", etc etc.
They're not a good team at all. They are a team with a couple really good shooters, and our zone is terrible so really good shooters enjoy playing against us!

Battle and Coleman both score 15+. AW3 scores 26. And we look awful. What a weird thing college basketball is
Howard, Battle, White and Coleman all looked great on the offensive end. Problem is, we play no defense, Lydon forgot how to play basketball and everyone else on the team should not be playing meaningful minutes for any team with tourney aspirations aside from Roberson when he isn't half asleep.

Battle and Coleman both score 15+. AW3 scores 26. And we look awful. What a weird thing college basketball is

The defense and rebounding is atrocious. Worst defensive team since Devo and Flynn were at the top so far.

Yeh, not the greatest performance but we did try some new things. DC had his second really good offensive game in a row. Battle started and showed his ability to attack and score. Frank distributed and as a team we shared the ball. I liked seeing TT at center but that lineup will need time.

I'm most concerned with our 3pt defense and not getting out on shooters, especially the hot hand. And our bigs being out of position but I think that had a lot to do with bad shots by the other team. Gillon looked harried again. I dunno. Baby steps I guess.

To be fair, he was 5-9. Not as if he was 1-10.
To be fair, he is hitting them at 50% which really isn't good enough for your point guard. But how much confidence do you have in Howard at the end of a close game?

The defense and rebounding is atrocious. Worst defensive team since Devo and Flynn were at the top so far.
The sad thing is it was obvious Devo and Flynn didn't give a f*** about D but made up for it offensively. It's not like the effort isn't there this year, it's more of they don't understand how to play it. N. Florida missed soooo many open shots in the 1st half

If SU plays like this in ACC play, 6 wins is doubtful. 5 players showed up today. Roberson, Thompson and Gillon MIA. Can't remember the last time an SU player got a technical. Lydon looks like he is planning to come back for his junior year. Out rebounded by 41-33 by an absolutely terrible team. Can't expect Coleman to do what he did today. Kudos to Battle, Coleman, Howard (but oh those missed FTs) and White.

This is the worst three game stretch I can remember. Two blowouts versus good but not great teams and a really poor effort against a bad team. I'm usually not negative, but this is just a bad team right now.

You mean this is not a TOP 5 team that could waste the likes of UK if we were ever so fortunate to play them this year? ;):)

If we don't beat Uconn, i don't think we are an nit team.
Once again, a little early for that. UConn is a big game for us, no question, but for selection Sunday, not the NIT.

This is the worst three game stretch I can remember. Two blowouts versus good but not great teams and a really poor effort against a bad team. I'm usually not negative, but this is just a bad team right now.
Doesn't even look like Lydon is jumping to get rebounds. I'm surprised he led the team with 9.

If SU plays like this in ACC play, 6 wins is doubtful. 5 players showed up today. Roberson, Thompson and Gillon MIA. Can't remember the last time an SU player got a technical. Lydon looks like he is planning to come back for his junior year. Out rebounded by 41-33 by an absolutely terrible team. Can't expect Coleman to do what he did today. Kudos to Battle, Coleman, Howard (but oh those missed FTs) and White.

The way Lydon is playing, he might want to invest in an LSAT prep course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom