Naesean Howard Commits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Naesean Howard Commits

Probably better you didn't drop the word since some idiot would have questioned you, your source, and then when Howard didn't commit during the week you really would have been in trouble.

Ha good point.

This was the conversation; hey T do you know that Naz Howard kid. Who? Naesean Howard. Yeah he's my good friend. Well you tell him that your uncle says to go to Syracuse to play football. Oh yeah he's gonna go to Syracuse. You sure? Yeah he said he was definitely going to go to Syracuse. Ok cool. Tell him we'll be excited.

We had this conversation last weekend.

I'm glad to have him, welcome aboard Neasean.

Big time pickup considering the offers he has so early in the process. Hang on tight.

Big time get. Sounds like he visited today with his family and committed to the staff. Met Nassib, too.

Glad to see we offered a local kid.

Sent using my Commodore 64

great start for our recruiting; speed, power, strength and versatility!

I know it's early. But where would he rank currently amongst NYS prospects? Top 10? We've got some super-savvy NYS posters here, and I'd like to know their perspective.

BTW, not sure that 5-11, 185 are safety dimensions.

I know it's early. But where would he rank currently amongst NYS prospects? Top 10? We've got some super-savvy NYS posters here, and I'd like to know their perspective.

BTW, not sure that 5-11, 185 are safety dimensions.
Going off known offers is correct...I'd guess he'd be around 5-7 on the Top 10. Downstate has a few higher rated prospects. Tomcat, DCCuse...you guys agree?

I've never seen him okay before that highlight video. Very impressive.

Agree. He looks like a running back to me. Reminds me of Wilbert Montgomery. He gets out in the open real quick. Couldn't ask for a better first verbal.

great get here...some him play a few times.

think jerome smith with real speed.

After watching him play and looking at his highlight tape, I completely agree with this comparison. I remember watching JS's highlight tape and they are pretty similar. Lol admittedly I was more excited for Dom Timbers but we all know how that turned out... :rolleyes:

Always love when we get a local Syracuse kid. Truly their dream to play at the dome.

I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I feel like running back would be a better choice here considering we brought in none last class.

Then again, with The M&M combination being so highly thought of he may not see time at RB for awhile. He could definitely complete at safety right away.

Think they probably bring in a couple more RB/S type athletes that could go both ways.

Glad to see a local kid stay, defense is where he will be, we have too many running backs now anyways

I think Howard's position will ultimately be determined by who else the staff is able to bring in. If, say, Curtis Samuel comes on board (or someone else of that skill level) the chances of Howard coming in as a safety increase. He provides great flexibility in that respect.

According to TOS. First commit for 2014.
Terrific athlete who can play a bunch of positions. Can really run, is also very strong and tough. He is a football player.

Very high on this kid.

I've heard the RB at CBA is better. Anyone know what's up with him? Will he be a senior this year or just a junior?

I've heard the RB at CBA is better. Anyone know what's up with him? Will he be a senior this year or just a junior?
I think you are thinking of Deshawn Salter, who is class of 2014. Salter is listed on his highlights video at 5'11 202 pounds, but is really about 5'9 190 pounds. Has a nice blend of power and speed. Unlike Howard, he is a RB prospect only. He was a man amongst boys in CNY HS football in 2012.

Deshawn Salter Syracusefan.com Bio

I like Salters, wow he plays the game hard. Being small, fast and strong, he will be compared to Rouse. I doubt he is as strong as Tyler but he is a little taller and he can definitely cut better.

I think he has a good shot at getting D1 offers as an RB. If he were 2 inches taller, he would be an absolute monster.

As for the comparison between Salter and Howard, Howard is taller and faster and more versatile. Salter's best track times are 11.10 and 23.10 in the 100m and 200m respectively. Howard has done 11.00 and 22.60.

I'll take Howard over Salter but this is no disrespect to Salter, who is impressive in his own right.

As a WG grad & former player I am proud to see Howard commit. I am friends with one of their assistants and he wasnt so sure he was coming here last fall. He is a talented kid with good speed. I was impressed with him as a sophomore and he didnt disappoint last year. No matter where he plays he will be an asset. Solid athlete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom